Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As a regular x2 IDs (and rabid 'proddie') on SevcoMedja, I'm muchly amused by their reaction to the latest Charlotte tapes:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=253736&st=0

Seldom these days do I even need to risk any break of cover by egging them on in an extreme way - the waynes wind themselves-up into stoopidness with their comments!!!

To quote their "Moderator" who to my shame comes from my neck of the woods:

"Ill take the word of the independant investigation over that dodgy ass website any day of the week."

Emmm no Mr MENSA, that was a paid-for investigation which conceded that it hadn't evened spoken to CW or CG. A dodgy website is not the subject of this thread but rather taped discussions from the horses' mouths!

It should be remembered that though VB is passed off as a Rangers site and obviously the vast majority of the members are Rangers supporters it is a Loyalist forum. It was made by Loyalists for Loyalists and the views there in are not the views of the vast majority of the Rangers support. These people are a dying breed...thank God.

I am guilty of claiming we are making good progress ridding our club of this kind of thing but after reading just one article reminds me how far we have to go and how entrenched the views are in these people. We will never change their political / Religious views but we can make sure the next generation know that these outdated views are no longer welcome at Ibrox and Rangers Football Club will not be used as a vehicle for their Religious hatred

Terrific post No8.

Most Rangers fans would reject the perspective of VB, but the club's problem - and it's not entirely their fault - is that such types do see Rangers as the club for them.

When these people feel totally discarded and disenfranchised by the team they identify with, that will be real progress.

Things like signing Daly help this process. Things like McCoist coming out with "WATP", don't.

It should be remembered that though VB is passed off as a Rangers site and obviously the vast majority of the members are Rangers supporters it is a Loyalist forum. It was made by Loyalists for Loyalists and the views there in are not the views of the vast majority of the Rangers support. These people are a dying breed...thank God.

I am guilty of claiming we are making good progress ridding our club of this kind of thing but after reading just one article reminds me how far we have to go and how entrenched the views are in these people. We will never change their political / Religious views but we can make sure the next generation know that these outdated views are no longer welcome at Ibrox and Rangers Football Club will not be used as a vehicle for their Religious hatred

Terrific post No8.

Most Rangers fans would reject the perspective of VB, but the club's problem - and it's not entirely their fault - is that such types do see Rangers as the club for them.

When these people feel totally discarded and disenfranchised by the team they identify with, that will be real progress.

Things like signing Daly help this process. Things like McCoist coming out with "WATP", don't.

Agree that's an excellent post by No. 8. Surely there's a simple solution, though? The club comes out publicly and disowns the whole sorry lot of them, bans any kind of display or visible presence at ibrox, and makes sure the club's representatives don't come out with that "watp"shite.

We keep on hearing that the likes of the VBs don't speak for the majority of berrz, but they are the ones speaking - the majority of berrz should be speaking, and making it plain that this kind of bollox has no place at the football instead.

Sadly, McCoist's wee rallying cry in the ST begging letter shows that the club knows where the money is...

Try 50/50 Cabs back out.

Cheap and cheerful and P&B's get a discount if i pick them up. ( Newcunto fans tae as long as they admit they're a Tribute Club ) :P

A taxi driver who really does support St Mirren. Now that is a novelty. The company i work for have 80-90 drivers and most support one Glasgow club or another but get them to admit that on a Saturday night.... ;)

Agree that's an excellent post by No. 8. Surely there's a simple solution, though? The club comes out publicly and disowns the whole sorry lot of them, bans any kind of display or visible presence at ibrox, and makes sure the club's representatives don't come out with that "watp"shite.

We keep on hearing that the likes of the VBs don't speak for the majority of berrz, but they are the ones speaking - the majority of berrz should be speaking, and making it plain that this kind of bollox has no place at the football instead.

Sadly, McCoist's wee rallying cry in the ST begging letter shows that the club knows where the money is...

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the WATP and nobody has shown me anything conclusive to say that it is in anyway Sectarian. You do get RC Rangers fans you know and they would be considered one of 'The People'.

That aside Rangers have distanced themselves from these people...Rangers have told them they are not welcome...Rangers have issued letters with every away ticket to ask/tell them to not sing certain songs....Rangers send their own stewards to away games to help the local police to identify ring leaders and point out those singing offensive / Sectarian songs...Rangers have banned over 800 supporters for various offences but i would hazard a guess at most being for sectarian singing/chanting. TBH i cant see what else the club can do to make it clear they are not welcome. As i have said we have a long hard road ahead but with the measures in place and the desire to rid ourselves of these people

As for banning displays...I am not sure what displays you are referring to...I don't recall VB arranging any displays but i could be wrong.

P & Bers determined to make WATP into something sectarian, the bouncy is next I guess.

I'm not looking to open the debate about what exactly WATP means again.

It's clear though that it's a sentiment which can be lent a Unionist angle. If we all agree that Rangers should be distancing themselves from that entire association, then the use of such phrasing by senior figures, doesn't help.

That's all.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Not that fussed about the Vanguards or any of our other groups, probably an age thing as most of BF1 makes me feel ancient. It's pretty simple really, they misbehave at Ibrox = they get ejected and a nice little ban for their trouble. If they behave themselves at the fitba and don't sing anything 'naughty' then i've no issues with them.

As for their forum, thats of no concern to me.

I'm not looking to open the debate about what exactly WATP means again.

It's clear though that it's a sentiment which can be lent a Unionist angle. If we all agree that Rangers should be distancing themselves from that entire association, then the use of such phrasing by senior figures, doesn't help.

That's all.

We are the people and if anyone has an issue with it then they can ram it.

(thats me being polite over this nonsense)

:D if you really think this then I had you all wrong.

WATP when used by club officials is purely a bit of tongue and check banter, it's slightly cringy and they know it, anybody that takes it seriously needs to look at themselves.

WATP !!!!

Yip, but VB types do take it seriously and read it as an official endorsement of how they view your club.

Therein lies the problem with it.

no rangers fluffy dice then? :P

Rangers key fob...blue air freshner...I wear a founding fathers zipper and if they dont like it they can walk. I am nothing if not honest.

Yip, but VB types do take it seriously and read it as an official endorsement of how they view your club.

Therein lies the problem with it.

Awa and dinna talk plsh.

Are we going to ban everything that " VB types" say or do?

Stop fishing as it makes it hard to take you seriously when you do make some reasonable posts, right now you're like a below par Magee.

:D if you really think this then I had you all wrong.

WATP when used by club officials is purely a bit of tongue and check banter, it's slightly cringy and they know it, anybody that takes it seriously needs to look at themselves.

WATP !!!!

Indeed its all in the context. I had no idea up til' a couple of days ago that the phrase was anything other than just something the Rangers supporters said to just to wind up the self proclaimed GFITW. Makes it even more amusing now when certain people get offended by it, when in their own heads regardless of the original context the phrase was spoken, it becomes something more sinister.

I would guess my original take could even be typical of a good number of both sets of supporters who have no idea of the origins of some of the songs both Rangers and Celtic fans like to serenade each other with to just get a rise from each other. That's the excuse anyway the likes of that Celtic fan used to clear himself of any wrong doing up in Inverness last August when he was pulled out for singing an IRA song. But then ignorance shouldn't be a valid excuse, when you pick up a loaded gun, you should know what it is and that its not the correct tool you use to aerate the lawn.

Awa and dinna talk plsh.

Stop fishing as it makes it hard to take you seriously when you do make some reasonable posts, right now you're like a below par Magee.

I don't do fishing.

Rangers key fob...blue air freshner...I wear a founding fathers zipper and if they dont like it they can walk. I am nothing if not honest.

If it is a the rangers key fob, I take it you have a Charles Green zipper if you are being "honest" ?

Awa and dinna talk plsh.

Funny, I never had magee down as the golfing type.

If it is a the rangers key fob, I take it you have a Charles Green zipper if you are being "honest" ?

f**k Off.. :P

Pale Blue Star to remember the 4 young lads. ;)

Funny how many of your kind give me a dirty look when they see it..If only they knew that look cost them an additional 50p. Not much i know but always makes me chuckle :thumsup2