Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What's truly contemptible is the extent of the duplicity the plastics and diddies are all-too-willing to indulge in to hide the rancid stench of their own hate on here. The continued attempts to argue the case where homophobia crops up is particularly telling.

You're excusing it again - placing you somewhere beneath an idiot I'd say.

No one could be surprised. And yet there is another diddy clubber willing to greeny your wretched post.

First of all I do not find the slur that was issued acceptable and would never use it real life or on a forum, but don't pretend for a second you would have shown the same valor towards LBGT issues if it wasn't to point score due to a fellow fan being gay. If you are offended by a post, report it, that's what the function is there for.

I don't see any outrage from you over equally reprehensible false accusations of homophobia.

The magic word there is 'reportedly'

:whistle

Unbelievable that ra peeps will abide by this given recent history, or lack of it.

Rangers: Concern over chief executive Craig Mather's salary
By Chris McLaughlinSenior Football Reporter, BBC Scotland

Rangers chief executive Craig Mather will pick up £500,000 per year at Ibrox - a salary that has angered some within the club, BBC Scotland has learned.

Mather was given the role on a permanent basis earlier this month, having initially taken an interim role following Charles Green's departure.

Green was on a salary of around £350,000 at Ibrox.

And the increase for the new CEO has raised eyebrows with some on the board and some major shareholders.

The concern comes as the club, it is understood, continues to lose cash on a monthly basis.

Mather invested £1m after Green, who left the club over allegations about his business dealings with former owner Craig Whyte , led a consortium to buy the club's assets following administration and liquidation last year.

One source told BBC Scotland: "Given where the club is at the moment, the salary is just bizarre. "It appears to be a premiership salary for a Scottish Second Division chief executive. "It comes at a time when the club continues to cut costs and just sends out the wrong message."

Edited by AberdeenBud

:whistle

Unbelievable that ra peeps will abide by this given recent history, or lack of it.

Rangers: Concern over chief executive Craig Mather's salary
By Chris McLaughlinSenior Football Reporter, BBC Scotland

Rangers chief executive Craig Mather will pick up £500,000 per year at Ibrox - a salary that has angered some within the club, BBC Scotland has learned.

Mather was given the role on a permanent basis earlier this month, having initially taken an interim role following Charles Green's departure.

Green was on a salary of around £350,000 at Ibrox.

And the increase for the new CEO has raised eyebrows with some on the board and some major shareholders.

The concern comes as the club, it is understood, continues to lose cash on a monthly basis.

Mather invested £1m after Green, who left the club over allegations about his business dealings with former owner Craig Whyte , led a consortium to buy the club's assets following administration and liquidation last year.

One source told BBC Scotland: "Given where the club is at the moment, the salary is just bizarre. "It appears to be a premiership salary for a Scottish Second Division chief executive. "It comes at a time when the club continues to cut costs and just sends out the wrong message."

I don't pay attention to speculation in the media, if anyone takes what the media says as the truth then they really are gullible. I'm not saying it's true or it isn't but until it comes from Rangers I'll reserve my judgement on it.

Someone with stronger arithmetic or more time on their hands than me(i'm looking at you here HB ;) ), can work out how many ST's were sold just to pay Mather's salary.

Off to play Tennis, expect to return to the usual serving of denial and deflection.

I don't pay attention to speculation in the media, if anyone takes what the media says as the truth then they really are gullible. I'm not saying it's true or it isn't but until it comes from Rangers I'll reserve my judgement on it.

How'd that go for you last time?

'Rangers' are not going to admit to their gullible hordes fans that they are ripping the pish out of them are they?

Open your eyes and develop a healthy quizzical attitude to your own club, it might even do you and your team some good.

Edited by AberdeenBud

:D so the bus torching was a papish plot lol....

Public Inquiry (46877) to be held at Level 6, The Stamp Office, 10 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3EG, on 12 August 2013 commencing at 10:00(Previous Publication:(2012)

)

PM1043724 SI

BRUCE COACHES LTD

Director(s): SCOTT BRUCE, JOHN BRUCE, JOHN BRUCE.

40 MAIN ST, SALSBURGH , SHOTTS ML7 4LW

PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)

PSV - S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act 1985)

Section 17 - Revocation, suspension etc. of licences.

Section 28 - Power to disqualify PSV operators.

How'd that go for you last time?

'Rangers' are not going to admit to their gullible hordes fans that they are ripping the pish out of them are they?

Open your eyes and develop a healthy quizzical attitude to your own club, it might even do you and your team some good.

Oh come on now when did Gollum or the BBC for that matter ever become a reliable and unbiased source? How on earth do you expect anyone to believe that.

Oh come on now when did Gollum or the BBC for that matter ever become a reliable and unbiased source? How on earth do you expect anyone to believe that.

*sigh*

The BBC is quite probably the most reliable and unbiased media organisation in the world. TRIFC fans (and your sister tbf) have been sadly conditioned into believing that any organisation or journalist critical of them is somehow out to get them. And to think you used to slate them for being paranoid. Given Saturdays events in Brentford it now seems there has been a role reversal, they will pillage their way through England whilst you become paranoid schizophrenics.

You don't need to take my advice, feel free to keep your head in the sand if that comforts you rather asking difficult questions of those fleecing your club. Just don't expect anything other than more mockery when it all goes to shit. Again.

£800,000

The salary of one Peter Liewell.

For a club with a turnover of over £100 milion who reached the last 16 of the champions league I think this is entirely appropriate.

And considering he managed to orchestrate a plot to destroy Rangers, I think he's underselling himself.

Comparing yourself to a richer, more successful club will not do you any favours, it just makes it easier for the spivs to pull the wool over your eyes.

What's truly contemptible is the extent of the duplicity the plastics and diddies are all-too-willing to indulge in to hide the rancid stench of their own hate on here. The continued attempts to argue the case where homophobia crops up is particularly telling.

You're excusing it again - placing you somewhere beneath an idiot I'd say.

No one could be surprised. And yet there is another diddy clubber willing to greeny your wretched post.

Bendarroch, the original 'homophobia' thing was based on a post I made yesterday over here:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/167655-big-rangers-administrationliquidation-thread-all-chat-here/page-4298#entry7547478

What I was trying to say was: Let's talk about sport rather than ourselves, seeing as cricket is great and The Cricket thread is one of the best extant P&B threads.

Beermonkey said "Nah...That's for poofs." and then Apache Don agreed.

OK so the comments weren't the best. What I SHOULD have done was sent them both a wee PM to say something like, "Revise your casual homophobia" and I am sure both would have agreed. With 20/20 I should have done that.

What I don't want is their poor use of language to create a big drama and for we Rangers fans to make capital out of it.

I think the best way out of this is for me to send a wee note to both posters and agree they can use better words in the future.

Escalating this is wrong.

Edited by The_Kincardine