Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

WRK might be just about worth saving but you are beyond help.

Re-read the post ... He claims to dislike Rangers for religious reasons...this is all i said he had posted.

You really are stupid, aren't you? You quote me (wrongly, I might add), and then come to the entire opposite conclusion. For all the problems the education system in Scotland has had, at least Clonmel(?) can understand clear English.

It was a controversial match for a city divided by sectarianism: Cathy was a Catholic, while Alex was Protestant. But he was following the example of his father, who himself had ‘broken a taboo’ by marrying a Catholic woman.

In 1967, Alex moved to Rangers, which was to prove problematic. Rangers and Celtic, the two big football teams in Glasgow, are representative of the city’s religious divide. Most Protestants support Rangers; most Catholics back Celtic.

On the day he signed for the club at Ibrox, one of the directors asked him about his wife’s religion and Alex confirmed she was a Catholic.

When he said they had married in a register office, the director replied: ‘Well that’s all right then.’

In his autobiography, Alex recalled feeling a sense of ‘poisonous hostility’ towards him from Willie Allison, Rangers’ PR manager, and also calls him a ‘bigot’ for his dislike of Catholics.

When a story appeared in a Scottish newspaper headlined: ‘Ferguson finished at Ibrox’, he suspected Allison was behind it. He quit Rangers after just two years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2322233/Why-Sir-Alex-Fergusons-wife-Cathy-formidable-him.html

Wow

You have admitted yourself you are / were a celtic supporter. Surely you are not going to deny that now? You 'blamed' your father for taking you to watch celtic.

Your analogy is a complete fucking nonsense and is the kind of argument Rangers Football Club have had to defend themselves from for far too long. Rangers are a football club...Not a terrorist organisation...Not an extension of the Orange Order...Not a supporter of any cause or Religion. A football Club...no more no less.

As i said above i know a few RCs your age who are Rangers supporters but then again they are well balanced individuals and not overly influenced by bigots and religious leaders

Oh, ffs. Looks like you're going to have to get hold of that grown-up again.

This time, ask him/her to explain the difference between "went", and "was taken".

As for rangers simply being a football team, I suppose we should bow to your terrorist-associating, flute-playing experience on that one.

I'll have you know there is only 3 or 4 Scottish secondary schools with Royal in them, and I attended one.

These "Royal Schools" obviously don't place a great deal of importance on writing English.

I think all of us here owe a debt of gratitude for the Christian upbringing that made the WKR the tolerant and well rounded individual we have before us........:-)

Praise the lord indeed.

If only more people were as tolerant as Norman...

Indeed,it would have been a tragedy if he had ended up as a hate filled obsessive......

It's quite simple, sonny. Just take a long look at organised religion as a whole, ask yourself who benefits from it, and reject the whole shooting match. You can be a decent human being if you don't rely on some imaginary friend who'll make everything better and provide you with ready-made scapegoats for everything that goes wrong in your life.

It's quite simple, sonny. Just take a long look at organised religion as a whole, ask yourself who benefits from it, and reject the whole shooting match. You can be a decent human being if you

don't rely on some imaginary friend who'll make everything better and provide you with ready-made scapegoats for everything that goes wrong in your life.

Yep,certainly seems to have worked for you,talking of scapegoats though I can't help but notice that you seem to blame RFC for well,just about everything really?

It was a controversial match for a city divided by sectarianism: Cathy was a Catholic, while Alex was Protestant. But he was following the example of his father, who himself had ‘broken a taboo’ by marrying a Catholic woman.

In 1967, Alex moved to Rangers, which was to prove problematic. Rangers and Celtic, the two big football teams in Glasgow, are representative of the city’s religious divide. Most Protestants support Rangers; most Catholics back Celtic.

On the day he signed for the club at Ibrox, one of the directors asked him about his wife’s religion and Alex confirmed she was a Catholic.

When he said they had married in a register office, the director replied: ‘Well that’s all right then.’

In his autobiography, Alex recalled feeling a sense of ‘poisonous hostility’ towards him from Willie Allison, Rangers’ PR manager, and also calls him a ‘bigot’ for his dislike of Catholics.

When a story appeared in a Scottish newspaper headlined: ‘Ferguson finished at Ibrox’, he suspected Allison was behind it. He quit Rangers after just two years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2322233/Why-Sir-Alex-Fergusons-wife-Cathy-formidable-him.html

How dare you it's all a myth it never happened .

It's quite simple, sonny. Just take a long look at organised religion as a whole, ask yourself who benefits from it, and reject the whole shooting match. You can be a decent human being if you don't rely on some imaginary friend who'll make everything better and provide you with ready-made scapegoats for everything that goes wrong in your life.

I've always found it strange that one group of Christians can so despise another group of Christians with whom they only have little superficial differences in outlook, yet will staunchly defend other religions with massive fundamental differences. Very odd really. :rolleyes:

Yep,certainly seems to have worked for you,talking of scapegoats though I can't help but notice that you seem to blame RFC for well,just about everything really?

Nope. I don't blame rangers or their successors for my lovely wife; my kids and grand-daughter; my rewarding job; my beautiful house; my discovery of the whole Topanga Canyon scene and the beautiful musical journey it inspired; my love of well-written crime fiction and a range of Non-fiction: my appreciation of The Wire, Game of Thrones or Ken Loach films.

Everything? A cynical man would say that would be the statement of a simpleton whose entire existence revolves around a corrupt "institution", and cannot comprehend a world outside that particular poisonous wee bubble. I couldn't possibly comment. ;)

I've always found it strange that one group of Christians can so despise another group of Christians with whom they only have little superficial differences in outlook, yet will staunchly defend other religions with massive fundamental differences. Very odd really. :rolleyes:

Basic Machiavellian strategy, really. Make sure your followers believe the enemy is among them to keep them off guard, and trusting in your leadership and protection. "They look just like you, but beware..."

Example - what exactly do Scots Protestants need protecting from? Who is attacking their way of life?

Nope. I don't blame rangers or their successors for my lovely wife; my kids and grand-daughter; my rewarding job; my beautiful house; my discovery of the whole Topanga Canyon scene and the beautiful musical journey it inspired; my love of well-written crime fiction and a range of Non-fiction: my appreciation of The Wire, Game of Thrones or Ken Loach films.

Everything? A cynical man would say that would be the statement of a simpleton whose entire existence revolves around a corrupt "institution", and cannot comprehend a world outside that particular poisonous wee bubble. I couldn't possibly comment. ;)

A casual onlooker reading the above might perceive you as a well rounded individual but those of us who have seen the mask slip and read the "c**t with cancer" jibes know better.....

Basic Machiavellian strategy, really. Make sure your followers believe the enemy is among them to keep them off guard, and trusting in your leadership and protection. "They look just like you, but beware..."

Sounds just like the catholic church Norman.

I remember an old priest telling an ex of mine (mid 90's) that we were both going to hell, amongst other things.

A casual onlooker reading the above might perceive you as a well rounded individual but those of us who have seen the mask slip and read the "c**t with cancer" jibes know better.....

Ah, the last refuge. I had a wee bet with myself you'd roll that one out at around half eight. Congratulations on your self-control. :lol::lol::lol:

Yep, I think Jardine behaved like a c**t.

Yep, he contracted cancer.

Join the dots, fuckwit.

As for "jibes", I posted it on here once. One particular poster continues to resurrect it on a regular basis when he's trying to deflect from him getting his arse handed to him yet again. Any particular reason? Other than being shown up to be thick as f**k yet again?