Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Look at the back page of the current

BRbMGuhCMAIC-2m.jpg

Holy feck! There is no way they can survive the season.

Absolutely no way any Rangers, The Rangers, the Rangers International, Sevco fan can say they were not warned that irresponsible spending would lead to the death of the club (or company #2).

There is no wriggle room left. It may benefit my team but makes Scottish football look even more of a laughing stock than it was before.

How the hell have they managed to spunk away £22m to get out of the fucking third division!?

Staff wages + Player wages + Board Bonuses + "one off costs" + lick of paint to Murray Park/Ibrox = 22 million

Forget about 22 mil. They have 10 mil in the bank, that should be enough to get The Rangers through to Christmas till the next transfer window. They should won the league by then. I think they will pay off Green in some way. The new board that will be formed ( they will all chime that they are Rangers Men- hold on second was it not Rangers Men that got you in this mess? I would stop calling your self that) The new board will then have to look at the money going out and the money coming in. I expect they will tell Amc to win the league by Christmas and then the next transfer window a few big wage drainers will get their "dream move" south of the border ( playing for Nt Forrest and Charlton) and couple of bargain basement signings will be brought in to take them to the end of the season.

Can all the pundits please stop saying Rangers deserve to be in the SPFL. No they have to earn that right. No team deserves to be in the top league.

Its no surprise why those of extreme right preference in their politics choose to support Rangers.

The most right wing organisation operating in Scotland today is arguably the Catholic Church, as for the extreme right their support in Scotland is negligible but feel free to press on with the stereotyping to suit your agenda.

Holy feck! There is no way they can survive the season.

Absolutely no way any Rangers, The Rangers, the Rangers International, Sevco fan can say they were not warned that irresponsible spending would lead to the death of the club (or company #2).

There is no wriggle room left. It may benefit my team but makes Scottish football look even more of a laughing stock than it was before.

Scottish Football is not a laughing stock.

The Newcunto F.C. are.

Monks, I like your posts and you and I have never had any enmity. I don't expect that to change at all. I do, though, think you've coloured me wrong here.

1. I never used the phrase, "Protestant institution". Indeed, the idea of that phrase is loathsome..

2. You said, "if Protestants are brought up to believe in honest financial dealings, perhaps others aren't;" and that was not in my mind at all but in your imagination..

What I'd prefer is for you respond to what I said rather than to extrapolate it.

Hi Kincardine. Your musings from last night prompted me to respond to this post, which I'd meant to, but not got round to. I too, have no wish for enmity to enter our exchanges, but I still take issue with some of what you've said:

1. I'll fully accept that you didn't use the phrase 'Protestant Institution'. I don't actually see it as much more loaded than what you did say about "a team supported largely by Protestants", which is perhaps why I used the phrase carelessly. If it troubles you though, I'm very happy to retract it and apologise, which I duly do.

2. I'll accept that you didn't wish to imply that "if Protestants are brought up to believe in honest financial dealings, perhaps others aren't;" I don't however think that believing so required such a massive leap.

You did say "Those of us raised in The Kirk in the 60s and 70s were taught that fiscal prudence and paying your dues was part of our Protestant ethic. You didn't borrow and not repay. You didn't make a commitment and not deliver."

I'd conted that such values are not unique or even particular to those brought up as church-going Protestants. Indeed, they're pretty damned universal. If, as I'd assume, you'd agree with this, then I'm still left with the questions begged by your bothering to say it in the first place.

When you get onto your stuff about the relative absence of corruption in Protestant Northern Europe, I think that the ice beneath your feet gets terribly thin.

This isn't because I think you're wrong. It's clearly a topic you're quite learned about - certainly much moreso than I am. It's because you chose to explicitly relate it to the Rangers situation in a way that is I'm afraid, absurd. You've since claimed that any relationship is "only peripheral". However, the fact that you raised it in the BRALT, as opposed to GN means that the connection's been made.

I think you'd be best to withdraw that part of what you've said altogether, because as I've already mentioned, any notion of sober prudence has been out of the window at Ibrox spectacularly enough and for long enough, for the suggestion of any link to be laughable.

I'm guessing here, but if you meant what I think you did, some bother could have been saved if you'd put it differently. For instance, we've all read stuff about Gordon Brown, as the son of the Manse. Initially, this was meant to characterise some sort of careful, prudent approach. When it all want tits-up however, it was used ironically, in highlighting the actual absence of any such caution.

If you wanted to say something similar about Rangers - a 'so much for the canny Protestant club' type thing, I doubt if anyone would have argued. As it was, it came across differently.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

How the hell have they managed to spunk away £22m to get out of the fucking third division!?

The 22 million will have been pocketed by the original investors as "returns" or siphoned out via various 'contracted deals' to provide services to the club. What I don't get is the suckers that bought Green's promise that he buy any shortfall in shares ... they never invested anything substantial in the club from the get go. The 5.5 million used to buy it was lodged as debt to the club; guessing that hasbeen repaid with "interest and bonuses" ... That leaves 15.5 or less. Then you have the 'fees' associated with stock market float registration fees, the marketing campaign plus the various consultancy fees involved within the club and externally. .. all board that gravy train .... easy pickings and legally explained away.

Rough guess is that took care of two or three million ... 12.5

I am sure there are things they have spunked money on and guessing plenty of palms to be greased (to keep quiet) in this sordid messy affair ... Including Haudit and Daudit.

Any Bears that thought this sideshow was on the level is truly delusional ... Notice Green is no longer with the club in an official capacity before the ähem 'äccounts' are published and the true state of affairs is revealed?

Edit: Champers in Monaco anyone ????

Edited by Equalizer

Spot on. Two points really on this. Firstly, is the Sun sensationalising the situation in order to boost numbers? I'm sure you'll agree that they aren't exactly the most credible of sources and were it to come from a more reputable source then it would carry a lot more weight. Secondly, it raises the alternative question of whether the rest of the Scottish media have been caught up in the bravado of the Sevco express and have just went along in their view that their board are in control of the situation.

But yes, the point remains, if they've needed £22m to get out of the third division then it truly is beyond belief.

Spot on. Two points really on this. Firstly, is the Sun sensationalising the situation in order to boost numbers? I'm sure you'll agree that they aren't exactly the most credible of sources and were it to come from a more reputable source then it would carry a lot more weight. Secondly, it raises the alternative question of whether the rest of the Scottish media have been caught up in the bravado of the Sevco express and have just went along in their view that their board are in control of the situation.

But yes, the point remains, if they've needed £22m to get out of the third division then it truly is beyond belief.

22mill + last season's ST money. :blink:

We Bears value political discourse and debate rather than snobbish ignorance as you just exhibited.. This is part of the thinking behind behind the Revolution of 1688.

Kincardine, I assume (fervently hope) that this is tongue in cheek.

Stop thinking you're in any way representative of Rangers fans as a whole. Believe me - you're not. I'm starting to think you've been in leafy Bucks too long.

And this seasons as well I believe?

Nah think that's the 10mill they have left.

Just need another 22million share issue to get thru this season and guarantee the League1 title. :rolleyes:

Sent from my C5303 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

On the Novo thing, I think it's fair to say that he probably feels no allegiance towards the BNP or any other extremist parties.

What I'd imagine it is though, is another attempt by the deseperate wee tool to ingratiate himself with Rangers fans. We all know that as a player, he liked nothing better than noising up the opposition and winning a place in fans' hearts.

He did it at Raith and Dundee too, but obviously went into overdrive when joining a club that was part of our biggest rivalry.

From the name of his book, to his recent showy-off appearances in the crowd, he's always craved some sort of fawning attention.

He might work with several charities for all I know, but it's no surprise to me that he's got involved with one that lets him say that members of the armed forces are heroes. Again, it's part of his alignment with an obsession that Rangers fans seem to share.

The daft wee sod seems to be struggling with retirement.

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:35 PM
I love the way septic fans are trying their damndest to provoke the same kind of doom-mongering around our team that REALLY existed around the cess-pit when it was in REAL AND PRESENT DANGER of going into EXTINCTION before baldy bunnet fucker came along and saved your worthless sorry piles-ridden asses.
Personally I wish he had stayed in Canada and the whole rotten stinking pile of shit in the east end of glasgow had disappeared once and for all.
THAT would have been hilarious! You would have had to come back as Sellick United or Sellick Rovers - :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Starting from scratch all over again in (when was it? 1997 or something?!) a Club with NO history, NO league titles, NO european cup!!
THAT, my friend GG, demonstrates just how fragile your sorry excuse for a club REALLY is. You're enjoying a few decent years at the minute - but at the heart of it all, what drives your club and is endemic throughout it's history, is a fan-base that is: - 1.Stupid, 2.Skint and 3.Desperate.
We HAVE never, and WILL never go through the years of pain, torment and desperation that you beggars experienced in that truly wonderful decade of the 1990's.
You cannot escape this fact. We may be missing a title for a couple of years - the tramps were 60 minutes away from missing a CLUB. For GOOD.
GIRFUY.
(PS. I'll save you the bother - this isn't "Pain" talking - just pure anger. When you surpass our number of league titles - THEN and ONLY then can you call it pain. As IF!!!)
:lol:

How so?

Those South of the Border can only see Rangers (as was) and Celtic. No-one else matters. A tragic fact that is unfortunate. Aberdeen managed to maintain some press there for most of the 80s, but other than that the Bigot Brothers are all that matters.

If/ when they go tits up again (at least £20m to win Div 3!!), it will make all of Scottish football look really, really silly. Those in charge (SPFL, SFA, SPL upto last season), ran around like headless chickens trying to shoehorn the new club/company into the SPL then Div 1 then finally Division 3.

Compare that with the Coventry City situation. Coventry informed the FL about their impending collapse, and the authorities responded appropriately according to their rules. They did not run around making rules up as they went along (temporary licence?), it has been handled with a bit more class.

Now if they go tits up again, how does this make Scottish football look? (It may be that I confuse Scottish Football with those idiots that 'run' our game). The one bright spark for all those who are outside our border is that Celtic seen to be doing very well, in the Champions League qualifers and their win over Liverpool.

But then again maybe the situation with them possibly going into admin #2 makes us all look competent.

On the subject of CityDave's assertion that: "Its no surprise why those of extreme right preference in their politics choose to support Rangers", I can see why it's provoked some debate.

For starters, it's pretty sweeping. Very few people in Scotland have extremist right-wing views. We can also highlight the fact that statistically, it's very likely given where they live, that most Rangers fans probably vote Labour. We could also observe as Magoo did, that on some issues, a case could be made to suggest that the Catholic church is right-wing in outlook.

HOWEVER, there's a big difference between saying that most Rangers fans are extremely right-wing; and most extremely right-wing people are Rangers fans. It's the second one that CityDave's proposing, and although I can't prove that he's right, I'd be surprised to see proof that he was way off.

In terms of imagery, we know that the Union Flag has been hijacked by the far-right as a symbol of what they're about. We know also of how the far-right exploit wicked atrocities like that which befell Lee Rigby - another bandwagon hopped aboard by some Rangers fans. We know that the Protestant identity the club traditionally had and some supporters retain, was largely forged as an anti-immigrant stance.

I'm not attempting to brand all - or even most - Rangers fans as something they're not. I think it's fair to guess however that Scots who have extremist right wing views, are likely to gravitate towards Rangers. Among people like the Vanguard Bears, they're likely to find a comfortable berth.

Of course however, it's far from universal; as illustrated by the w****r who's apparently a Hamilton fan.

Edited by Monkey Tennis