Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The old club was called Clydebank, where as Rangers were called Rangers, completely different circumstances surrounding naming.

Airdrieonians were liquidated and the name went with the club into history, at least until last summer.

Yip, the different circumstances being that the football authorities weren't trying to appease the football supporting punters by being seen to want to punish Airdire while behind closed doors doing all they could to negotiate a way back into as a high a league as possible. We were just liquidated and end of. Then when we did try to get our newco into the league it was in competition with other applicants and not a closed shop.

Rubbish, the Clydebank name and badge was given back to supporters and the new prospective owners of that club so they could reform in the Juniors. Airdrie Utd took over Clydebank's membership and relocated the defunct nameless club to Airdrie.

If the rules were as they are now Airdrie Utd would have had to start in the old 3rd Division just as Rangers were made to.

What rules because they just made it up for The Rangers as they went along to ensure that the new club were admitted. And you clearly forget the part about us applying to be admitted to SFL3 only to be denied in favour of the Gretna application. It was only after that occurrence we took the alternative route. Something which the newco Rangers didn't have to consider due to the lack of spine of the footballing authorities.

Clearly a typical Rangers fan typing all the quoted nonsense and trying to rewrite the history books as they seem to do with every passing season, all one of them so far.

I don't know who McMenemy is, but I did tell the guy who runs the Celticminder twitter account he is an idiot, Haggerty well, she came out with some stupid point such as "Celtic had been founded by Irish" I did question the relevance of such a comment and i'm discusing Scotland 2013. not 19th century Scotland.

I asked her out right if she believed a modern day Scotland is in any way comparable to africans americans treatment during the 50's. since old Phil has came out with some lines such as "we won't sit at the back of the bus nomore" I was taking that as something Irish people are forced to do.

I didn't get an answer :(

I'm a bit annoyed my phone battery died. i'm looking forward to getting home and finding my time line bursting with abuse. I relish it.

Scott McMenemy is mince from Celticminded.com.

Most of the Celtic fans i know mock Philip and his cronies, again more power to your tweeting, they don't like anyone who disagrees with them.

as suspected i've been getting pelters, Here are some of my favourite.

MinceCFC ‏@CelticMindedcom1h

@Chris72600702 @AngelaHaggerty @Pmacgiollabhain Really? I think your just an ignorant dick. Google "Hibernophobia" arsehole. Slán.

I google it

Anti-Irish sentiment or Hibernophobia may refer to or include persecution, discrimination, hatred or fear of the Irish as an ethnic or national group, whether directed against Ireland in general or against Irish immigrants and their descendants in the Irish diaspora.

So, because I don't believe Scotland is an anti irish nation, I must be anti irish myself 

Stephen Wilkie ‏@steviebhoyo2h

@Chris72600702 @Pmacgiollabhain @AngelaHaggerty there are still golf clubs that won't take Irish/catholic members

@Chris72600702 @Pmacgiollabhain @AngelaHaggerty anti Irish racism exits in Scotland my friend and it is alive and deep routed to the highest

@Chris72600702 @GreenBhoy1967 @Pmacgiollabhain Three words from just the last few years - The Famine Song.

Sir Lady Haggerty ‏@AngelaHaggerty

1h

@Chris72600702 @CelticMindedcom @Pmacgiollabhain You think the Irish have disappeared in Scotland? That's quite a magic trick.

Sir Lady Haggerty ‏@AngelaHaggerty 1h

@Chris72600702 @steviebhoyo @Pmacgiollabhain It isn't just Rangers fans who've been involved in attacking the Irish manager of your club.

Soup taker imo.

Scott McMenemy is mince from Celticminded.com.

Most of the Celtic fans i know mock Philip and his cronies, again more power to your tweeting, they don't like anyone who disagrees with them.

He's blocked me now, without having to directly answer a single question i've put to him. the words shitebag and head up arse spring to mind.

Soup taker imo.

I love soup

Looks like McColl is not the billionaire the succulent lamb keep making out. He owns 60% of Clyde Blowers and made a profit of £4.3m last year. I don't doubt a guy like him will be good for Sevco in the long run, but two things are for sure. He won't be putting his own money in, and will install harsh austerity measures, which will impact the product on the park for years to come.

Just a few facts:

"After several successful turnarounds, Jim bought in 1992 a 29.9% stake in Clyde Blowers plc, a small engineering company with a full listing on the London Stock Exchange. Jim led a management buyout of Clyde Blowers plc (now Clyde Bergemann Power Group) to take the company private.

Over the past 12 years Clyde Blowers has grown significantly and has developed into a portfolio of global engineering companies.

During 2001 the Clyde Blowers business was reorganised into discrete independent companies focusing on core markets. These businesses each had their own ownership structure but in common they had a Clyde Blowers executive team as the driver of the strategic direction.

In May 2007, Jim announced the acquisition of Weir Pumps (Glasgow) from The Weir Group plc. The diverse portfolio of technologies, process knowledge and expertise generated by Weir Pumps was incorporated into a newly created company, Clyde Pumps Ltd, and in so doing 600 jobs and an important part of Scotland’s engineering heritage was saved. Jim is an FSA Approved Person.

In September 2008, Jim led the largest transaction in Clyde Blowers’ history by acquiring the entire Fluid & Power Division of Textron Inc, an American Fortune 500 multi-industry company in a deal worth over $1 billion for which he received the Deal of the Year Award and Investment Deal of the Year Award at the Insider Deals: Dealmakers Awards."

If he wins out at the EGM of course they will look at costs that cannot be justified. The 3 directors in the firing line is a good start.

Ally's 700k must be questioned. I a sure McColl will want to look at the type of player employed by the club and demand decent behaviour and commitment if his track record is anything to go by. Do the business and you've no problem, Muck around like Ian Black or that other numptie (Darren Cole?) who didn't turn up and you are history. And Ally will be expected to enforce it!.

He's blocked me now, without having to directly answer a single question i've put to him. the words shitebag and head up arse spring to mind.

I love soup

Dunno re him but certainly came across mince afore *insert Kenneth Williams meme here* though sadly he did I tedi from the only tic forum I post on.

That would be nice wouldn't it so the orcs know which windows to break,where to send their PARCELFORCE 24 pressies to,which women and kids to terrorise and who to actually threaten to kill !!! yes that's a great idea eh "who are these sources ?,we demand to know who these sources are ?,and ra peeps demand to know who these sources are". :1eye

This has Charles Green/Brian Stockbridge written all over it. A sleazy underhand way to cancel an expensive contract.

Spivs, Conmen, Gangsters, Shysters.

Rangers International continues the tradition of dead Rangers.

The fans deserve these leaders, to be honest.

Cannae be ersed digging for it just now snafu, but there is a quote from jack Irvine from his time at the record re Jackson, his 16yo copyboy.

It was basically Jackson telling Irvine that he'd been at his girlfriends whose dad handled the insurance for bun players. He'd seen a fax wae mojos name. Irvine phoned GS, and that was history.

Jackson has been tied to Irvine since then.

My point battery died. end of twitter argument until I get home :(

I did hear some belters, one of my favourite is how anti irish racism is a "birth defect" on modern Scotland, how apparently gold course won't allow you to be a member if you are Irish or have an irishy sounding name, same goes with companies acorss the country

Top man Rico. Stay away from the Twitter fannies.

Stick with your P&B pals. We are friendly and accepting - but reserve the right to rip the pish out of 'gold course' ;)

Bloody predictive text, eh?

Just a few facts:

"After several successful turnarounds, Jim bought in 1992 a 29.9% stake in Clyde Blowers plc, a small engineering company with a full listing on the London Stock Exchange. Jim led a management buyout of Clyde Blowers plc (now Clyde Bergemann Power Group) to take the company private.

Over the past 12 years Clyde Blowers has grown significantly and has developed into a portfolio of global engineering companies.

During 2001 the Clyde Blowers business was reorganised into discrete independent companies focusing on core markets. These businesses each had their own ownership structure but in common they had a Clyde Blowers executive team as the driver of the strategic direction.

In May 2007, Jim announced the acquisition of Weir Pumps (Glasgow) from The Weir Group plc. The diverse portfolio of technologies, process knowledge and expertise generated by Weir Pumps was incorporated into a newly created company, Clyde Pumps Ltd, and in so doing 600 jobs and an important part of Scotland’s engineering heritage was saved. Jim is an FSA Approved Person.

In September 2008, Jim led the largest transaction in Clyde Blowers’ history by acquiring the entire Fluid & Power Division of Textron Inc, an American Fortune 500 multi-industry company in a deal worth over $1 billion for which he received the Deal of the Year Award and Investment Deal of the Year Award at the Insider Deals: Dealmakers Awards."

If he wins out at the EGM of course they will look at costs that cannot be justified. The 3 directors in the firing line is a good start.

Ally's 700k must be questioned. I a sure McColl will want to look at the type of player employed by the club and demand decent behaviour and commitment if his track record is anything to go by. Do the business and you've no problem, Muck around like Ian Black or that other numptie (Darren Cole?) who didn't turn up and you are history. And Ally will be expected to enforce it!.

Don't get me wrong. This guy is clearly a very wealthy and astute businessman, and not just some gambler or charlatan like Murray or Whyte. However, his personal wealth is clearly somewhere between £10-30m. Someone like that can't afford to chuck money down a black hole like the Sevco Franchise. There is a big difference in having assets that are potentially worth a billion, and having that as readily available liquidity.

See, when you refer to "we", a reasonable person might glance to the left to see which team you were referring to. 

Some might take your colouring-in efforts to point towards your allegiance, but I thought it better not to make assumptions - I know how you berrz fans of other teams get upset at people jumping to conclusions.  ;)

Now, if you want a battle of wits, don't bring a knife to a gunfight. Or, in the words of D. Neilsen, "f**k off, sonny - I've put bigger than you down the drain."

Now that only gives me mahogany. :lol:

Now I what read into that 2nd para, you checked yourself there, very good, at least a step in the right direction. ;)

Now, you could easily ignore the coloured text and having other as my team option and converse sensibly. :)

what exactly did that second line sound like in your head? Try reading it out loud...

Top man Rico. Stay away from the Twitter fannies.

Stick with your P&B pals. We are friendly and accepting - but reserve the right to rip the pish out of 'gold course' ;)

Bloody predictive text, eh?

Unfortunately after several arguments with idiot Celtic fans, (some who couldn't tell the difference between Irish and Catholic) its all starting to die down now.

Although i do have someone tell me its rampant right now in Scotland, I'd love to know where these places are and why so many irish people keep visiting them!

Unfortunately after several arguments with idiot Celtic fans, (some who couldn't tell the difference between Irish and Catholic) its all starting to die down now.

Although i do have someone tell me its rampant right now in Scotland, I'd love to know where these places are and why so many irish people keep visiting them!

Haggerty and Philip are coining it in, anti Irish racism has it's uses you know.

Edited by bennett

Now why would the mainstream media ignore the Charlotte Fakes blogs?

Seems to good to be true perhaps, but has any of the revelations been proved to be false?.

The clue is in the name Charlotte Fakes plus the proper media won't touch it unless they can be certain that no illegal means were used to get the information.