Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That Chris Graham stuff is uncharacteristically sane and mature - no wonder he's upset lots of Rangers fans.

He's right to identify what's behind the "fourth curtain" as especially sinister. It looks like an 'Enabling Act', designed to ensure that nothing can be done to arrest the damage. It's impossible to know where this ends.

Lazy media are a bit slow here..... This nonsense was available for fun and finger pointing ages ago....25th May as it happens.

http://www.ouest-france.fr/2013/05/25/normandie/Des-Glasgow-Rangers-au-chateau-de-Marcei--65218311.html

Still......... Better late than never :thumsup2

Glasgow Rangers at Castle Marcei - Normandy

Saturday, May 25, 2013

caNO_3576669_3_px_470_.jpg

Charles Green has bought the castle Marcei, near Argentan. The businessman left the presidency of the Scottish club Glasgow Rangers to pursue his passion for horses.

History

Football and horses are both passions of Charles Green. Last year, he became the patron saint of Glasgow Rangers. . Quite by chance "In March 2012, I was contacted to take the club that had been placed in receivership, but I refused : I just wanted to buy a property to live in Normandy with my 30 horses. " He even found the perfect place to Marcei near Argentan, but the sale dragged. So when the stimulus in May to lead the consortium to buy the club from Scottish football, this time he said "yes."

49,000 spectators for a game of 4th Division

"The club had a debt of 100 million pounds ! A round table with investors gathered 25 million, the directors agreed to pay off the rest. " In June, he and the head of a mythical club (54 national titles, a European Cup in 1972) but ... administratively relegated to fourth Scottish division.

The challenge is twofold. Restore financial surface and club sports level worthy of his standing "In December, I introduced the club traded in London was obtained 25 million poundsviainvestment funds, and 6000 fans added 5.5 million by becoming shareholders. " An IPO is already applied to the English club Sheffield United he directed between 1996 and 1999.

The bet also works in the field, the fans and the club after recording a world record attendance for a match of 4th Division, with 49,118 fans ... The next season, the Rangers will play well in 3rd division, but Charles Green will no longer be president.

"It was not easy," he admits. He failed in his plan to transfer the Rangers to the lucrative English league, "while the Welsh clubs Swansea or Cardiff will play well ! " A trial with former club owner does not help. "There was constant daily pressure ... Saving club was a challenge that I do not regret having conducted, but once the rise in 3 e acquired division, I resigned (April 18, Ed) . My life is elsewhere ... "

Specifically in Normandy. "I've always been fascinated by the thoroughbred. Normandy is the epicenter of the horse world, this is where I decided to start a new life. " For two years, the Mont-Saint-Michel to Lisieux, he visited thirty properties and falls under the spell of the castle to Marcei Cordey, town of 200 inhabitants in the Argentan output. "On each of my visits it is as if the castle told me : "Buy me" " smiled the young sixties.

For a little more than € 400,000, he became the owner of this little castle of the eighteenth century and the 27 acres of meadow and woods that surround it. "I hope to have finished the work within three months, bring my horses. " Not a chance to see him plunge in French football, then? "Passing the Argentan point my son teased me saying that it would be a nice challenge. But it was just a joke. " If he says ...

Board statement from Mordor burying the hatchet deep between the shoulder blades of Malcolm Murray.

THURSDAY, 03 OCTOBER 2013 16:45

Board Statement

WRITTEN BY RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB

THE Board of Rangers Football Club takes serious issue with grossly misleading statements made to The Scotsman newspaper by the club’s former chairman Mr Malcolm Murray.

Mr Murray claimed in an interview that Ibrox Chief Executive Craig Mather’s assertion that he (Murray) decided the controversial levels of executive salaries at the club was “misleading and vexatious.”

Mr Murray also claimed he “joined the Board on the recommendation of the institutions to instil a high level of corporate governance at Rangers.”

These are the facts:

Mr Murray was appointed by Charles Green on June 14 2012 to Sevco Scotland (now Rangers Football Club Ltd). There were no institutions in the Club then. The Club IPO was on December 19 2012 so it is grossly inaccurate to say Mr Murray was put there by said institutions to oversee corporate governance.

Mr Murray proposed Craig Mather to the board.

Mr Murray agreed Brian Stockbridge’s salary and bonus.

Mr Murray agreed Mr Green’s salary and bonus.

Mr Murray negotiated Mr Green’s compromise agreement and signed it off.

Mr Murray was removed from the Pinsent Masons investigation by the board after leaking information to a third party.

The Board of Rangers Football Club are appalled and saddened at the current demeanour of Mr Malcolm Murray and the damage that he is causing to the Club and regard his behaviour as totally unbefitting a once respected practitioner in the City of London’s financial community.

Ouch !

The blood letting has begun................... where the f**k is my popcorn?

my shares in butterkist popcorn has risen slightly since the accounts were published. goodie

My shares in Rowantree's and Lyons Maid were static but I expect a healthy return when Jelly & ice cream are back on the menu :) .