Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

SC425159

Registered Address: Ibrox Stadium, 150 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow, G51 2XD

Type

Private limited with Share Capital

1 years (Incorporation date 29/05/2012)

Company Status Company Status Rating Suspended - Negative Press Event

Cash Not Filed

Net Worth Not Filed

Assets Not Filed

Liabilities Not Filed

Accounts Not Filed

Latest Accounts Accounts not filed.

Category Type Not Available

No. of Employees

This business has not provided employee information.

Year end 30th June Next Accounts due 28/02/2014.

Country of Registration GB

Previous Name SEVCO SCOTLAND LIMITED

Date Changed 31/07/2012

Who owns the shares in the Private Ltd Co. ? I can't remember if it's been detailed.

Makes some interesting points ...

I think this guy could do with some accountancy classes. If he realised that the 'holding company' accounts are actually 'Group' accounts and ergo are the 'trading company' accounts then he could have saved a whole lot of time and effort. Deloitte would not be signing off Group Accounts if there was a Going Concern issue within the part of the business where 95% of the transactions go on.

Dhense: you're a fucking moron :lol:

This confuses the fck out of me.

Event History Date Description 04/02/2014 Change of Company Postcode 04/02/2014 Change in Reg.Office 04/02/2014 Mr C.T. Whyte has left the board 04/02/2014 Mr A.C. Earley has left the board 19/11/2013 Annual Returns 19/11/2013 Annual Returns 18/11/2013 Change in Reg.Office 18/11/2013 Change of Company Postcode 18/11/2013 Mr C.A. Green has left the board 05/07/2013 New Board Member Mr A.C. Earley appointed 05/07/2013 New Board Member Mr C.T. Whyte appointed 19/04/2013 Change of Company Postcode 19/04/2013 Change in Reg.Office 18/04/2013 Mr A.C. Earley has left the board 18/04/2013 Mr C.T. Whyte has left the board
Edited by cyderspaceman

I'm fairly sure it is 100% owned by Rangers International.

OK thanks , I agree (I think) . I got confused for a minute

ETA I see Bing(1) AND Bing(2) are watching. No details if you mouse over the name. What IS that?

Edited by cyderspaceman

I have recently read a news report about a decision taken by the Advertising Standards Authority on advertising activities of The Rangers Football Club Ltd and their claims to history and honours. It includes the following quote referring to advice from the SFA:

“We also consulted with the SFA, which confirmed that its definition of a football ‘club’ varied depending on context, and could sometimes refer to an entity separate from the club’s corporate owner.”

I was most unhappy to read this part of the statement. I am yet to see the definition or statement of when you could “sometimes refer to an entity separate from the club’s corporate owner”. This is a contradiction to the definition of a football club given by FIFA; a definition which is handed down to the Confederations, and from Confederations to Associations.

You may or may not be aware, the application of good governance in football is administered through club licensing. This annual process ensures that minimum standards are maintained, to promote growth and development, and ultimately protects all of football – every club, every player and staff member, the integrity of every competition, suppliers of goods and services, the reputation of sponsors, and most of all the fans. FIFA Club Licensing Regulations state that a license applicant must be a football club, defined as:

“Legal entity fully and solely responsible for the football team participating in national and international club competitions that applies for a licence.”

This is a clear and unambiguous definition, which is being ignored by the SFA. Why is this issue so important? Simply, a football club must be held responsible for its commercial activities. For example, an over-ambitious and over-spending Rangers changed the Scottish football landscape forever. Other clubs tried to compete in an unsustainable “Cold War”-like football arms race. I believe Scottish football was damaged. Many clubs have been taken to the brink of death. This could happen in any country, in any league, anywhere in the world. For that reason, a football club and its corporate body must be one and the same, living or dying, inseparably intertwined. The separation of club and company is a myth, a myth dangerous to good governance. Rangers (1872-2012) should be a cautionary tale told to every club owner.

The SFA must ensure the integrity of competitions, discourage financial recklessness, and protect football for everyone. This is only possible with a clear, unambiguous statement that confirms club / company are one and the same thing.

To suggest a football club can in some way survive liquidation is to undermine the definition of what is a football club, one of the cornerstones of FIFA Club Licensing Regulations.

For the SFA to suggest a football club can in some way survive liquidation, or allow this belief to go unchallenged, is a shameful dereliction of duty. It puts all of football in danger. We cannot allow this. There is too much at stake.

Now the berrz can adopt their "too long, didn't read" stance - adding an obvious attention span issue to the basic head-in-sand posture. Oh, and I've no doubt the author is wan ae thae tarriers, an'aw. ;)

I've done some editing to make it easier for them :)

Edited by Apache Don