Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Semi serious question, why don't they just take the hit now rather than risk entering admin during next season where a points deduction might be fatal to their chances of promotion?

Semi-serious answer - I think they may well do - the season isn't over yet...

Why do people from all corners keep banging on with this nonsense?

"In finance, investment is putting money into an asset with the expectation of capital appreciation, dividends, and/or interest earnings."

What the rangers need is MONEY. Not seed capital, not a pump-priming fiduciary stimulus, not a head-start grant. They need MONEY.

What possible return is there going to be for anyone willing to throw money into the black hole of Govan? It's quite obvious that their former Business Partners are having to cut their cloth, even with a couple of CL campaigns and some decent transfer dealing.

Over in Govan, that crumbling monolith that they hold so dear is an albatross round their necks. The money simply isn't there - be it gate receipts, sponsorship, TV money, whatever - to maintain that size of operation in Scottish Football without the income from the CL at least occasionally. They will never be able to assemble a squad able to challenge celtic before they die again, and possibly again. The gap is simply too wide.

That they simply cannot see this makes me happy.

"Investment" (English) = "Sugar Daddy" (Orc). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But !, whit about the Champs League money they will get for winning the final in 2017 ? :rolleyes:

You would think so.

Every man and his dug are saying that Rangers are fucked, the ever reliable Phil is tweeting that wages have not been paid, the tax man is not getting paid, all the other bloggers are at it to.

and here we have a no lose situation for the spivs to shed debt and get rid of all these expensive contracts, the only penalty is a 25 point (15 if you are in the new club camp) deduction.

The mind baffles.

When does the season officially end as far as this is concerned?

A week on Saturday when (I think) Rangers play their last game?

A few hours later and the QC thinks up a 'wittier' reply lol

Hows the twin by the way ?, I do hope he's not being a wee shite.

Hows you coping with parenting Benny ?, did you shit yerself at the thought of having real responsibilities ?

How did the birth go ?, did you shit a brick at the thought of childbirth ?

And how is "Brick" by the way ?, hope you are treating the youngster well and not beating the crap out of him.

Hows the twin by the way ?, I do hope he's not being a wee shite.

Hows you coping with parenting Benny ?, did you shit yerself at the thought of having real responsibilities ?

How did the birth go ?, did you shit a brick at the thought of childbirth ?

And how is "Brick" by the way ?, hope you are treating the youngster well and not beating the crap out of him.

seething_zps59dd426d.gif

Semi serious question, why don't they just take the hit now rather than risk entering admin during next season where a points deduction might be fatal to their chances of promotion?

If they go into admin now they may still be in admin come the start of next season and still incur a points deduction and field a weakened squad in the Championship.

They'll IMO go as far as any cash they can muster and hopefully attain enough points in the Championship to still make promotion despite a points deduction. Their master plan must be to get to the Premiership at all costs where the money is or can be made. If they don't make the Premiership next season they will go into meltdown on all levels. :D

You would think so.

Every man and his dug are saying that Rangers are fucked, the ever reliable Phil is tweeting that wages have not been paid, the tax man is not getting paid, all the other bloggers are at it to.

and here we have a no lose situation for the spivs to shed debt and get rid of all these expensive contracts, the only penalty is a 25 point (15 if you are in the new club camp) deduction.

The mind baffles.

"Boggles", Tedi - the mind boggles.

You seem to be very well-versed in Phil's output - not like you to be following someone of his calibre, I'd have thought...

If they go into admin now they may still be in admin come the start of next season and still incur a points deduction and field a weakened squad in the Championship.

They'll IMO go as far as any cash they can muster and hopefully attain enough points in the Championship to still make promotion despite a points deduction. Their master plan must be to get to the Premiership at all costs where the money is or can be made. If they don't make the Premiership next season they will go into meltdown on all levels. :D

But didn't you tell us that we were going into administration a few months ago, after some Ch4 bloke blogged about it?

http://www.channel4.com/news/rangers

I am sure there was a blog on here about how we were about to go into admin, strange cannot find it anymore, maybe he filed it away beside the 'a winding up order will be served in February 2013' article..oh well

I remember that too, very strange...

So you think that excuses your rookie error?

On yer bike sunshine.

I thought Rangers fans were all one big, happy family, defining themselves by that very clanship. So 'you', 'we' and 'us' are all interchangeable as far as the flockers are concerned.

Rookie error, my arse.

Clanship

The only people that have used that word to describe Rangers fans is that Phil bloke and Andy from Scotzine but I am sure they replaced the C with a K.

Rangers fans are anything but unified, this is fairly well known.

Nothing wrong with the word 'clan'. Good Scottish/Gaelic roots. Oops, maybe not the best etymology for Rangers after all.

But didn't you tell us that we were going into administration a few months ago, after some Ch4 bloke blogged about it?

"Could go into" & "Will go into" are two completely different definitions. Also I've never stated it as fact but one of the many many possibilities on how yer beloved new club "WILL" follow the old dead club eventually "IF" the money runs out and "NO" sugar daddy is found.

http://www.channel4.com/news/rangers

I am sure there was a blog on here about how we were about to go into admin, strange cannot find it anymore, maybe he filed it away beside the 'a winding up order will be served in February 2013' article..oh well

it said rangers would go into admin IF they couldnt pull the wages out their arse...they got a loan , remember?...so he was right then.