Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Two particular highlights in "The Gub's" haverings for me:

The Patrick Thistle comment tells us why Rangers, despite having a huge fan base, really are capable of dying, more than once. You would struggle to find a Dunfermline or Hearts fan saying they'd rather have no club than a mediocre one, but this Gub bloke states it shamelessly. With an attitude that says the club must either dominate, or cease altogether, he's the one who must be careful what he now wishes for. Plenty Rangers fans would disagree with him on this of course, but we all know that many wouldn't and that's as big a problem for Rangers as it is a joy for the rest of us.

Stoapit, you!

Rangers reportedly asking for voluntary redundancies among non-playing staff.

Why would anyone take voluntary redundancy? Since they've only been employed for 1 full year they'll not be entitled to any redundancy pay.

Why would anyone take voluntary redundancy? Since they've only been employed for 1 full year they'll not be entitled to any redundancy pay.

TUPE.

Just another attempt at positive spin - There's no harm in asking, right?

Trying to look like a caring employer before the axe starts swinging. Dignity indeed.

ETA: As Stoney reminds me, TUPE could (yet again) throw a spanner into their plans, especially with the 2014 update to the regulations. Assuming that the old and new clubs were structured similarly, and that there were no agreements made with employees at the time of rangers' death.

Any road up, more interesting times in Govan, and more fuel added to the old/new conundrum. Never gets old, this stuff.

And before any of the Horde accuse me of an agenda against tea-ladies and cleaners: Ally's well-deserved package would pay for 64 full-time employees. So if he'd ever actually taken that pay cut, or turned down the occasional bonus here and there, they could have safeguarded dozens of jobs for "the rangers family". And that's before you even look at the inflated salaries of many others sucking the corpse dry.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Just another attempt at positive spin - There's no harm in asking, right?

Trying to look like a caring employer before the axe starts swinging. Dignity indeed.

Trade Union representative gloating at people losing their jobs?

I would refer the dishonourable moron to the post above his - which I was editing when he waded in.

On the bright side, in Cameron's Big Society, there will always be poorly-paid, minimum wage work available on demand contracts. It won't free them from reliance on benefits, but no doubt it'll be Good For Business, and that's what counts, right? :barf

I'd worry for your Legend, if I was you. With this clusterfuck on his CV, he'd be lucky to get a job as Cowdenbeath's kitman once the second incarnation implodes.

ETA: On re-reading your pish - explain where even the original of my post gives the impression of "gloating"? Dear God, but you lot really are blinded by rage, aren't you?

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

It's amazing to think how seriously *we all took the demise of Rangers (Vol 1).

It's even more amazing that the same old bluff seems still to be working in some quarters. The only organisation that needs a strong Rangers is their cousins across the city.

The top flight has been a significantly better place without Rangers and the pishy bile and sectarianism from their fans. Now that 'Armageddon' has proven to be a much better experience than what we had initially, I seriously can't see the SFA et al doing the contortion act to give them another chance.

I still don't know why Ibrox wasn't sold to pay their debts.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

* I didn't. The only thing that could've been affected was the TV money. And we get f**k all for that.

'Glorified Patrick Thistle'!!!@#!

Hope you die.

Hope you die

Hope you die.

PARTICK THISTLE FOOTBALL CLUB - GLASGOW 'S OLDEST PROFESSIONAL CLUB.

Rangers didn't start in Glasgow remember.... Govan wasn't part of it back then..

Rangers didn't start in Glasgow remember.... Govan wasn't part of it back then..

Neither did Thistle, now that you mention it. Partick became part of Glasgow in 1912.

I agree, Ally has been disingenuous on several occasions throughout this whole saga, the goodwill he deservedly gained from Rangers fans when this whole saga started has slowly eroded away, gone are the days where he genuinely worked for nothing for the good of the club, these days he works purely for No1.

I also expect those who just a few weeks ago were claiming that Wallace was working for the good of the club in an effort to put them on an even sustainable path admit they were completely wrong on the matter.

He lied about needing funding, he lied about what sources were offering that funding, he lied about the reasons for losing credit card facilities, he lied about the reasons for withholding is salary package, here we have a man awarding himself not only a ridiculous salary but 100% bonus for complete failure with a further bonus for a nailed on promotion while at the same time making ordinary hard working folk redundant.

Agreed. I was one of those wrong about Wallace it seems . He talked a good game at the start but if it looks like a spiv and quacks like a spiv...

I agree, Ally has been disingenuous on several occasions throughout this whole saga, the goodwill he deservedly gained from Rangers fans when this whole saga started has slowly eroded away, gone are the days where he genuinely worked for nothing for the good of the club, these days he works purely for No1.

I also expect those who just a few weeks ago were claiming that Wallace was working for the good of the club in an effort to put them on an even sustainable path admit they were completely wrong on the matter.

He lied about needing funding, he lied about what sources were offering that funding, he lied about the reasons for losing credit card facilities, he lied about the reasons for withholding is salary package, here we have a man awarding himself not only a ridiculous salary but 100% bonus for complete failure with a further bonus for a nailed on promotion while at the same time making ordinary hard working folk redundant.

I agree with you Ted. I genuinely thought Wallace would have been above all that shite due to the job he did at Man City etc. He's certainly not what I thought he'd be.

I agree with you Ted. I genuinely thought Wallace would have been above all that shite due to the job he did at Man City etc. He's certainly not what I thought he'd be.

It just goes to show, everyone wants a piece of this action. Rangers support being passed around like a cheap whore at a spiv convention.

Shocking stuff from Norman, the sad thign is that he'll probably be pleased with himself.