Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That's fine, in that respect the club and support are better off without them.

Hope that same philosophy also applies to Richard Gough as well, as he is on record as also sharing the same feelings.

That's fine, in that respect the club and support are better off without them.

In what way? Aside from ensuring ideological purity (something more usually associated with fascist or religious regimes than a football club) won't this just make the club slightly poorer?

In what way? Aside from ensuring ideological purity (something more usually associated with fascist or religious regimes than a football club) won't this just make the club slightly poorer?

do you notice it is the diddies who regularly bring religion and politics into the discussion whereas rangers fans and even celtic fans rarely mention it on the bralt? this whole Glasgow as some sort of sectarian hotbed is a load of over hyped media pish but that is a differnet topic for a different day .

Edited by forever_blue

hope they get a skelf on their arse next time they are watching a game in the pub.

See through in Edinburgh, people can normally go out to have a social drink with friends without having to worry about some saddo OF fans giving them grief.

Hope that same philosophy also applies to Richard Gough as well, as he is on record as also sharing the same feelings.

Gough has been very active in his support of the fans in hoping to remove the current board so in that respect, as far as i'm concerned, he's giving something back to the support. Gough was wrong to state what he did but at least the man had the good grace to give his support to the fanbase in hoping to remove the present board.

Whoever they are if they feel that way then why would we want or need them. If they are of this opinion and they don't see any link with the club, then good riddance to them.

Edited by youngsy

Flicking through Rangers Media, you do get the impression there is a constant desire to 'out' people as not 'true' Rangers fans, almost as though there was a contract you had to sign when you became a supporter, with all the things you had to agree to believe.

The thing I find interesting is that its obvious that many of the people on there don't share a lot of the beliefs that the hardcore think they should, particularly in regards to politics, religion - and whether these are things which should be associated with football at all.

I would even hazard that the majority think most of the 'traditions' associated with the club are nothing more than negative baggage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kceCOjx6-Jg

suppose you lot have the hibz nd hertz tae worry aboot , ken?

Oh dear, a Rangers fan trying to find a video on You Tube of Hibs v Hearts fans fighting ?

Rangers fans are in no position to point the finger at any other Scottish clubs supporters over acts of hooliganism.

BTW, my names not Ken either :P

Oh dear, a Rangers fan trying to find a video on You Tube of Hibs v Hearts fans fighting ?

Rangers fans are in no position to point the finger at any other Scottish clubs supporters over acts of hooliganism.

BTW, my names not Ken either :P

i know we are a right bunch a thugs aren't we ? :rolleyes:

aye a ken that , ken?

A skelf is a splinter ... least it is where I come from ... you're thinking of skelp?

Never heard of the word 'skelf' so yeah had supposed it was just a typo from FB.

My reply still stands though.

They had a great opportunity for a fresh start and to cleanse themselves of the baggage. Unfortunately the spivs used the baggage as leverage to relieve them of their cash ...

And if as you know your the rest is history ...

^^^^^

thing is dhense as a celtic fan , you are in no position to talk about anybodies club using the "sectarian baggage" to gain money and support.

Why do so many idiots travel from NI and RoI to follow the cheeks. Do they not have any winning teams on that whole Island?

Celtic are not that widely supporter in the ROI (not nearly as big as a support as you think)

From my trips over It's Liverpool, Everton, Man United that are massively supported, I don't even remember seeing Celtic game mentioned in the local red tops

Celtic are not that widely supporter in the ROI (not nearly as big as a support as you think)

From my trips over It's Liverpool, Everton, Man United that are massively supported, I don't even remember seeing Celtic game mentioned in the local red tops

I have heard this a few times, are celtic as well supported in the north as rangers ?

Years ago on my first visit to Dublin i was surprised at how few Celtic tops were being worn in comparison to Man Utd and Liverpool tops. In my experience of the RoI when i lived there for a year or so the main sport was and still is gaelic football under the G.A.A. After that it is rugby union as far as i experienced.

LINK Attendances up as clubs survive Armageddon with ease

Date: 14th May 2014 at 7:15 am

Written by: Joe McHugh | Comments (4)

Regan-Stewart.jpgAttendances at most clubs in the top flight of Scottish football are UP despite the Armageddon forecasts made two years ago by Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan.

Research produced by the Scottish Football Monitor, based on figures produced by ESPN, shows that the majority of clubs have found a slight rise in their attendances killing off theories about the power of the ‘blue pound’.

Aberdeen have enjoyed the biggest rise in attendances with an average of 12,835 watching Derek McInnes’ side this season, last term 10,567 fans turned up to watch Craig Brown’s team with just 9,296 filling Pittodrie in the season that Rangers went into administration prior to liquidation.

The SFM has established itself as an independent source for supporters of all clubs to discuss issues related to the game with a lot of time and debate recently given to how Hearts have managed to avoid liquidation.

Among the key issues uncovered in their most recent blog is:

1. Since Rangers’ liquidation and subsequent absence from the top league, the average home attendance of the other clubs has INCREASED overall.
  2. In this season, the other clubs have added 50,000 fans to home attendances compared to 2011-12 (the last year Rangers were in competition).
  3. In that time the league has been won (twice) by Celtic, and the other honours have been claimed by St, Mirren, Aberdeen, Celtic and (either) Dundee United or St Johnstone.
  4. In that time, both Dunfermline Athletic and Hearts (who both had historical financial problems) entered – and exited – administration after fan-led buyouts.
  5. Dundee United have cleared off their bank debt.
  6. Kilmarnock have restructured their bank debt, freeing the club from a precarious long-term situation.
  7. League reconstruction has allowed some money to trickle down to the second tier clubs in an attempt to mitigate the immediate effects of relegation and to reward ambitious clubs.

With further problems expected as Sevco over the coming weeks it’s clear that all other clubs are continuing to run in a proper business-like manner and that there is no desperate need for a club from Ibrox to appear in the top flight.

In the latest episodes of the Sevco soap opera John Brown has backed Dave King’s mysterious Ibrox 1872 limited company while there are claims that a non-shareholding South African based glib and shameless liar has been reported to the Alternative Investment Market for impacting the Sevco share price.

On the pitch despite the slump in season ticket income Ally McCoist is expected to hold signing talks with Kenny Miller today with further talks planned with Carlos Cuellar, Barry Ferguson, Kris Boyd and former Charlton ace Madjid Bougherra.

fs mcoist holding talks with cuellar , fegusson and bougherra? completely lost it and is just trying to resign smiths team from 7-8 years ago. clueless :(

edit: just saw this and reliased it was a celtic blog so therfor probably a lot of pish.

Edited by forever_blue

fs mcoist holding talks with cuellar , fegusson and bougherra? completely lost it and is just trying to resign smiths team from 7-8 years ago. clueless :(

edit: just saw this and reliased it was a celtic blog so therfor probably a lot of pish.

All of them are being touted in the press, doesn't mean to say it isn't a load of pish - fits the template though, wouldn't you say?