Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

All of it.

You said RANKED

The link you provided does not mention RANKED or RANKINGS

The link I provided was the correct link that you should have supplied.

What the word that does not exist on your link?

So Rangers are the 'missing link' ? Figures............

No he clearly referred to list in reference to his use of rank in previous posts ... and I never took umbrage to "alphabetical". Did you forget or do you have learning difficulties?

Nice to see you sticking up for your pal. How admirable. However nae cut said that you took umbrage. You are making this up. Not for the first time.

You absolutely don't get it.

The Big 5 nations had this advantage when Rangers reached the last 16 of the Champions League and a UEFA Cup Final.

Yes, but the thing that's prompting your fake lament is the form of clubs who had resources which did not compare to those of Rangers back then.

Rangers are a frigging massive club - I thought you knew. Obviously, no Scottish club can compete with those from the big 5 financially any more, but Rangers were big news outside that elite and Celtic remain so, despite the marvellous other night.

Of course removing Rangers from the equation would dent our clubs' chances of making an impact. Either OF side would not have done what Motherwell did last week for instance. Once more, expressing surprise over this is akin to being shocked at overall top flight gates dropping.

Prior to Rangers' departure from the top table, we'd had plenty rotten European results from sides like Motherwell, Dunfermline, Dundee United and Aberdeen. That position has not really shifted. We now have one big club playing at that level rather than two, so we do less well, especially if that one big club, as looks likely this year, bombs.

Fine.

If you always disliked the OF anyway, there's no further harm done.

The truth of this is that you wish Rangers were still playing in Europe. You also like to pursue this spurious line that relies on people having ever said the standard would soar in the absence of Rangers. The problem of course, as with gates, is that nobody suggested these areas would be better without them. They would be worse, but the alternative of treating Rangers as special, would be worse yet, as it would piss on the whole point.

For someone who was contrite about Rangers' conduct and did actually accept the idea of a bottom tier re-start ahead of most, you really seem to struggle to cope with the reality of what that means.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

No has ever said that the SPL is booming, ok then.....

Plenty have said it's bearing up well and I've been among them (assuming you mean the top flight).

In many ways, Scottish football is doing well in the ways that matter to those who aren't OF fans though. Cups have been spread round more, as have European slots against a backdrop in which gates have not really suffered.

When set against the Armageddon based bullying at the outset, it does seem to be booming, but of course, it's not really.

You don't need to adopt an extreme view you know guys, just because those you see as enemies insist on doing so.

Call it fence sitting if you think it's smart to do so though Bennett.

The truth of this is that you wish Rangers were still playing in Europe. You also like to pursue this spurious line that relies on people having ever said the standard would soar in the absence of Rangers. The problem of course, as with gates, is that nobody suggested these areas would be better without them.

For someone who was contrite about Rangers' conduct and did actually accept the idea of a bottom tier re-start ahead of most, you really seem to struggle to cope with the reality of what that means.

What total and absolute bollocks. You have completely lost the plot. There is actually a thread somewhere on here where it is claimed that the crowds have gone up since Rangers were put out the top flight...I haven't been on it but knowing your obsession i am sure you have.

There are countless posts where people have claimed that the whole of Scottish football is 'Booming' and especially the top flight...Crowds are up.. competition in all the cups and the football on offer is better than it has ever been.

It is absolutely inconceivable that you have failed to read these posts. I ll put it down to you just being dishonest

I am struggling with absolutely nothing. For the most part of the first season i enjoyed the football and mixing with some great guys at the away games. Berwick Rangers being particularly enjoyable away days. Last season started well but became a bit of a drag as the standard was very poor for the most part. This coming season...well time will tell.

It is you unfortunately that has struggled throughout this debate...Struggled to accept simple facts such as the Big 5 have enjoyed their advantage for many years including the years we had European Finalists and teams competing in the latter stages of the European Cup and Aberdeen playing in the Europa Group stages(or UEFA Cup)

Struggled to accept the European performances this season are as poor as they ever have been....Unless you can remember the last time every Scottish club was out of Europe before the league season started?

What total and absolute bollocks. You have completely lost the plot. There is actually a thread somewhere on here where it is claimed that the crowds have gone up since Rangers were put out the top flight...I haven't been on it but knowing your obsession i am sure you have.

There are countless posts where people have claimed that the whole of Scottish football is 'Booming' and especially the top flight...Crowds are up.. competition in all the cups and the football on offer is better than it has ever been.

It is absolutely inconceivable that you have failed to read these posts. I ll put it down to you just being dishonest

I am struggling with absolutely nothing. For the most part of the first season i enjoyed the football and mixing with some great guys at the away games. Berwick Rangers being particularly enjoyable away days. Last season started well but became a bit of a drag as the standard was very poor for the most part. This coming season...well time will tell.

It is you unfortunately that has struggled throughout this debate...Struggled to accept simple facts such as the Big 5 have enjoyed their advantage for many years including the years we had European Finalists and teams competing in the latter stages of the European Cup and Aberdeen playing in the Europa Group stages(or UEFA Cup)

Struggled to accept the European performances this season are as poor as they ever have been....Unless you can remember the last time every Scottish club was out of Europe before the league season started?

Well anyone claiming that top flight crowds overall are up would be mistaken. A club that used to average in excess of 40,000 has vacated the premises, while the other big club misses them, leading to a significant drop in their gates. Motherwell's appear to have dropped off too if memory serves. Otherwise though, gates have held up well, with most staying around the same level and some seeing small increases.

The Cups are being shared round more and I don't think a huge leap is required to connect this to the fact that only one very much better side needs now to be overcome by someone, rather than two.

Arguing that the football is better would be tricky, although the fact that higher league placings are available and the chance for cup runs is enhanced, may have led to many fans feeling that the experience is better.

I absolutely accept that Scottish sides have done better than this in Europe fairly recently, but a better co-efficient owed much to OF performance, which with Rangers' absence has tailed off. Aberdeen that year for instance, did not have to face Spanish opposition en route to the groups.

We also know that in given years, either part of the OF have flopped badly on this stage and that looks like being the case for the relevant part this year.

This whole 'Booming... I tells you" malarkey just makes you look like you have your nose pressed to the glass of somewhere that didn't let you in, as you loudly proclaim that it looks shit anyway. I'd suggest that it would be in your own interests to give it a rest.

FFS lads, reading the input from some people over the last few pages you would think Scotland was a major powerhouse in European club competitions.

We've had a few good runs (7 finals - 3 wins, and 1 Super cup win). We're basically not as good as some people try to make out.

But, have to disagree with some comments. The domestic season, leagues and cups, are becoming more competitive.

Ok, Celtic and rangers were both dominant in the respective leagues, but that was it, and that must be an encouraging sign for the rest of Scottish football.

Maybe some ex-OF fans can't handle not being "top dogs".

I say, "get used to it". It isn't going to change in the near future.

Average crowds at most clubs are up btw and yes the abscence of Rangers from the top flight has been great for Scottish Football in general as difficult as that is for the likes of bennett and yourself to deal with.

Do Celtc not enter the EuropaLeague playoff if they get papped out by Legia?

Edited by AberdeenBud

Do Celtc not enter the EuropaLeague playoff if the get papped out by Legia?

Yes, you're unfortunately right.

That will scupper our friend's wee mantra about everyone being out of Europe before the start of the League season, won't it? He'll need to find a new one.

Average crowds at most clubs are up btw and yes the abscence of Rangers from the top flight has been great for Scottish Football in general as difficult as that is for the likes of bennett and yourself to deal with.

Do Celtc not enter the EuropaLeague playoff if they get papped out by Legia?

No they are not. Unless you believe the falsified attendance figures clubs release to the press.

The absence of Rangers has been dreadful for Scottish footballs top flight. It has been great for the lower leagues though

I wasn't sure if they did or not. I thought it was the next rounds losers that entered the Europa League...Ach well more laughs at their expense and money to be won at the bookies