Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

:)

Rangers have agreed formal terms of settlement with former Commercial Director, Imran Ahmad regarding his current court action. The sum agreed is significantly less than the total amount which Mr Ahmad had been granted permission to arrest. As part of the settlement terms Mr Ahmad has agreed to refrain from arresting funds in Rangers' bank account or in the hands of others pending the formal removal of the case from court. No such arrestment will now take place. The case will be formally taken out of court in the next few days.

So instead of having money ring fenced with a chance of losing it next march, they've lost a proportion of it now.

Can I have 5 Nov in the Civil unrest sweep..

Imagine the legal fees involved, if they had just paid the man what he was due they'd have been better off.

Where can I buy shares in the legal firm representing Rangers?

:)

Rangers have agreed formal terms of settlement with former Commercial Director, Imran Ahmad regarding his current court action. The sum agreed is significantly less than the total amount which Mr Ahmad had been granted permission to arrest. As part of the settlement terms Mr Ahmad has agreed to refrain from arresting funds in Rangers' bank account or in the hands of others pending the formal removal of the case from court. No such arrestment will now take place. The case will be formally taken out of court in the next few days.

Thank you for a relevant post. :thumsup2 Why isn't the amount of the final settlement revealed, I wonder? Will it not show up in the accounts at some point in the future? Ah, there's the rub, there is no future for them. :lol:

Tick tock until later today when the success, or not, of the open offer will be revealed.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Hardly sectarian when they used to call us it in the 60's.

in 1961, rangers travelled to wolverhampton to play wolverhampton wanderers in the European cup winners cup. true to form, their supporters ran riot through the town destroying everything in their path. in an article appearing in the English press shortly afterwards they were described as 'coming across the border like marauding h*ns'. thus, a humorous accurate and nonsectarian term of endearment was created for the rangers.

in 1961, rangers travelled to wolverhampton to play wolverhampton wanderers in the European cup winners cup. true to form, their supporters ran riot through the town destroying everything in their path. in an article appearing in the English press shortly afterwards they were described as 'coming across the border like marauding h*ns'. thus, a humorous accurate and nonsectarian term of endearment was created for the rangers.

It was also generally accepted in the 50/60's that hotels & B&B's could put up signs saying "no blacks or Irish"...........it no longer is and rightly so.

Now can we please move on from this utter tedium of petty point scoring.

Edited by sjc

We probably could if people didn't post idiotic rebuttals comparing apples with oranges and then insisting we move on.

why is it an idiotic rebuttal? both are unacceptable and therefore shouldn't be used in society never mind a football forum.

Trying to argue that the term h*n is "less offensive" than "t*m" or "f****n" is quite frankly pointless as the use of any is wrong and in violation of this forums rules.

Again move on.

The argument was not about whether or not it offended anyone ... it was solely whether it's 'sectarian' or not. Changing the boundaries of the argument does not validate your position.

Jog on .. neep.

dhense i fail to believe you are generally so naive and stupid that you can not accpt the term has a certain sectarian baggage attached to it , particulalrly in northern ireland and west of Scotland. just accept the fact and move on ffs .

The argument was not about whether or not it offended anyone ... it was solely whether it's 'sectarian' or not. Changing the boundaries of the argument does not validate your position.

Jog on .. neep.

is that not a bit like arguing that calling someone a "black cnut" isn't racist as you were merely calling them a cnut whist stating their racial background?! :blink:

It's not necessarily the actual words used in the slur but the actual context the words are used in. With the long establish Religious divide between Rangers & Celtic we all know the context.

Having done some research on the H word I'd like to offer up my apologies to Rangers fans for my previous ignorance on the subject. I'll leave it at that.

Did you allow me to move on my bigoted little teuchter friend? :P