Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

FOUR men are due to appear at ­Glasgow Sheriff Court today in ­connection with an alleged fraudulent scheme to buy out Rangers.They were detained by police on Friday as part of an investigation into the 2011 takeover of Glasgow Rangers Football Club.

Gary Withey, David Grier, Paul Clark and David Whitehouse were held during early-morning raids at addresses across England.

Early morning raids. I thought that was only for drug dealers, armed robbers and the like. Surely they could just have been asked to report to the local polis station. I mean, it's not as if they would go on the run or anything...........

Here he is! Hiding in a box, kindly supplied by Willie Miller by the looks of it!

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276270/Gallery/images/19806234/5297890.jpg

Rumour has it, he used to hang around with an acquaintance called Tiger Tim, 'nuff said!

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

Craig Whyte is on the run...fled his Monaco pad on Saturday I hear, where would he go? Costa Rica? Panama?

He could rent a room at Cliff Richards place in Barbados.

Plenty of choice for him

http://www.answers.com/Q/Which_countries_do_not_have_extradition_treaties_with_the_United_Kingdom

Rather looking forward to the international man-hunt.

Hopefully it'll end up like Zero Dark Thirty, a Navy Seal raid on Ally's secret underwater lair on the west coast.

Upside is that he won't need tortured to spill every single bean, from his mothers inside leg measurement to the cost of the wifi. Just hope he doesn't get buried at sea before he gets a chance to implicate everyone, because he will.

Good RFC is to get the Jelavic monies, at least something for the creditors.

Maybe have this wrong but weren't some rangers fans on here claiming this money rightfully belonged to the newco?

Is it just me or does that report seem to indicate that RFC is in possession of the full Coyler Bristow money now? If HMRC loses its(final?) appeal that could actually leave a sizeable p in the £ for the creditors.

Edited by AberdeenBud

Maybe have this wrong but weren't some rangers fans on here claiming this money rightfully belonged to the newco?

Is it just me or does that report seem to indicate that RFC is in possession of the full Coyler Bristow money now? If HMRC loses its(final?) appeal that could actually leave a sizeable p in the £ for the creditors.

I also remember seeing complaints about the SPL not giving them prize money that was due to the old club

Rangers creditors win 24m settlement from law firm.

By InformedBro

Updated Wednesday, 9th July 2014

Views: 43934

I hear that the liquidator's claim brought against Collyer Bristow has been settled as of yesterday.

Further, it is now likely that criminal proceedings will follow.

The total amounts to a £24m settlement to creditors less liquidators costs.

Settlement covers the following: Breach of undertaking, breach of trust, deceit/conspiracy, admin and liquidation costs, claimant's costs, interest.

Around £15m of that will likely be attributed to the breach of undertaking by the law firm.

This represents an impressive recovery for creditors.

The settlement would appear to confirm the belief that the Oldco was the victim of a criminal conspiracy.

Had the prima facie evidence available to all of us at the time been accepted by the governing bodies – from the Murray arrangement with Lloyds and the reality that the huge ‘debt’ being floated as a fact was closer to myth than reality (and, bondholders aside, almost entirely a matter of Whyte’s dealings with Ticketus and lack of short-term engagement with the tax process) – then much hurt and suffering would have been avoided.

Messrs Withey and Whyte will not have enjoyed their breakfast today.

More no doubt to follow in the days to come.

With all these arrests and the warrant issued will the fraud squad look at these pesky ebt loans that have yet to be paid back. They were the start of everything. If it wasn't for them Murray wouldn't have sold the club/company to a dodgy person for a quid.

Rangers creditors win 24m settlement from law firm.

By InformedBro

Updated Wednesday, 9th July 2014

Views: 43934

I hear that the liquidator's claim brought against Collyer Bristow has been settled as of yesterday.

Further, it is now likely that criminal proceedings will follow.

The total amounts to a £24m settlement to creditors less liquidators costs.

Settlement covers the following: Breach of undertaking, breach of trust, deceit/conspiracy, admin and liquidation costs, claimant's costs, interest.

Around £15m of that will likely be attributed to the breach of undertaking by the law firm.

This represents an impressive recovery for creditors.

The settlement would appear to confirm the belief that the Oldco was the victim of a criminal conspiracy.

Had the prima facie evidence available to all of us at the time been accepted by the governing bodies – from the Murray arrangement with Lloyds and the reality that the huge ‘debt’ being floated as a fact was closer to myth than reality (and, bondholders aside, almost entirely a matter of Whyte’s dealings with Ticketus and lack of short-term engagement with the tax process) – then much hurt and suffering would have been avoided.

Messrs Withey and Whyte will not have enjoyed their breakfast today.

More no doubt to follow in the days to come.

Yeah i vaguely remember that but didn't know if it was confirmed outside of "Rangers sources". Good news for the creditors regardless.

I also remember seeing complaints about the SPL not giving them prize money that was due to the old club

Prize money that had to be denied because they were keeping all the gate money for themselves in an attempt at 'sink us and we'll sink you'.

It's all falling into place now just like a lot of bears said it would. I think a lot of people if they are being honest would say that the Rangers must be punished retoric went too far and was way OTT.

Tried asking spiers about his claims that Rangers fans were paranoid over D&P being crooked, never got every far.