Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Pity Joey is just doing what he is accusing others of, spinning figures to suit his argument agenda, while I am sticking to the facts.

The company DID make a very healthy profit over an 18 month period.

The debt WAS reduced to £18.1M

The club clumpany could not find a buyer due to to the £100M + Tax bill (other liabilities) hanging over its head, this Tax bill turned out to be bollix (yeah I know appeal no 95 is still under way)

It never gets old. :)

You must love Nookie Whyte. Under his tenure, DeadRangers made a healthy profit and had no debt. ERM... Fact as you would say.

Then NewRangers under Charlie Chuckles also made a 'healthy profit' and not only did they have no 'debt' they had a stack of cash in the bank. ERM.... fact. :);)

You must get a financial boner at the mere mention of his name! :)

Yours only stating the facts.

aDONis

P.S. fixed your club v company confusion :)

Edited by aDONisSheep

Please, please, guys can you put this to rest? You are flogging a dead horse and you are not going to get bennett, No8 or youngsy to say what you want them to say. It's a good job this is not an election campaign because you remind me of the Labour Party in 1983 who were more interested in the direction the Belgrano was sailing in than the reason why the Argies were given the chance to invade the Falklands in the first place.

This is a thread about Sevco and the previous lot's Admin/wind-up. There are lots of things happening around Ibrox at the moment and you are breaking up the discussion with your non-stop, repetitive rantings. Now grow up and stop this pathetic attempt at points scoring. Give us a bit of peace!

Please, please, guys can you put this to rest? You are flogging a dead horse and you are not going to get bennett, No8 or youngsy to say what you want them to say. It's a good job this is not an election campaign because you remind me of the Labour Party in 1983 who were more interested in the direction the Belgrano was sailing in than the reason why the Argies were given the chance to invade the Falklands in the first place.

This is a thread about Sevco and the previous lot's Admin/wind-up. There are lots of things happening around Ibrox at the moment and you are breaking up the discussion with your non-stop, repetitive rantings. Now grow up and stop this pathetic attempt at points scoring. Give us a bit of peace!

sorry.

I think it disgusting that poor ordinary people got paid off today. I remember when Rangers were first in admin the players took a pay cut to save jobs. Where is that loyalty now. If ally had taken a wage cut it would've made him out to be a hero to the people who's jobs would've been saved. But nope the fat pie munching twat done nothing.

Again you cannot say that liquidation would have happened if there was no fraudulent activities from Whyte and friends, no Whyte would have imo seen Rangers going on selling a player or two per year and slowly reducing the debt until the BTC was won and then we may have seen some interest from non fraudsters in buying the club

Look how daft your arguments are getting here, Benny.

Obviously, it's true that nobody "can say that liquidation would have happened if there was no fraudulent activities from Whyte and friends".

It's also equally true that "nobody can say that liquidation would have happened" if Souness had bought Rangers in a consortium with Godzilla, because Godzilla might have frozen the wage bill with his icy nuclear breath.

Perhaps it's true that a hypothetical owner (x) would've run Rangers better than Whyte, just as it's true that Godzilla might have convinced HMRC to drop the tax cases by taking a big radioactive shit on their headquarters.

But there was no hypothetical owner (x), because the club was an utter basket case. And it's impossible to deny that Rangers were an utter basket case, only one minor crisis away from liquidation, because one minor crisis was more than enough to bring the liquidators in.

Edited by flyingrodent

I think it disgusting that poor ordinary people got paid off today. I remember when Rangers were first in admin the players took a pay cut to save jobs. Where is that loyalty now. If ally had taken a wage cut it would've made him out to be a hero to the people who's jobs would've been saved. But nope the fat pie munching twat done nothing.

Anybody laid off will have less than 3 years employment.

The real heroes refused to tupe in 2012. They stayed loyal to the club.

I think Rangers were indeed something of a basket case before Whyte came aboard. That's why the bank had seized a chunk of control. I think it's possible that admin may have happened at some point anyway, especially given that McCoist was by then in place.

I don't think it would have happened when it did however, and I do think that any later admin could have been emerged from and liquidation avoided. I would also admit that Whyte would never have got anywhere near the club, were it not for the hovering BTC.

However, for me, this just makes it better. The EBT scheme was immoral and it's entirely fitting that it's what brought a shit like Whyte into the picture.

Rangers have been the victim of crooked behaviour and I doubt if their fans could have done much to prevent it.

If they hadn't behaved, in the main, like such stupid, petulant, aggressive children, they'd deserve some sympathy.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

If they hadn't behaved, in the main, like such stupid, petulant, aggressive children, they'd deserve some sympathy.

Again with your revisionism it was Scottish football fans egged on by bloggers who behaved like aggressive, petulant, stupid children.

Show some humility.

Edited by bennett

Look how daft your arguments are getting here, Benny.

Obviously, it's true that nobody "can say that liquidation would have happened if there was no fraudulent activities from Whyte and friends".

It's also equally true that "nobody can say that liquidation would have happened" if Souness had bought Rangers in a consortium with Godzilla, because Godzilla might have frozen the wage bill with his icy nuclear breath.

Perhaps it's true that a hypothetical owner (x) would've run Rangers better than Whyte, just as it's true that Godzilla might have convinced HMRC to drop the tax cases by taking a big radioactive shit on their headquarters.

But there was no hypothetical owner (x), because the club was an utter basket case. And it's impossible to deny that Rangers were an utter basket case, only one minor crisis away from liquidation, because one minor crisis was more than enough to bring the liquidators in.

Wow that was well thought out.

I see that the new bandwagon which will be repeated until the masses take it as gospel will be this basket case rubbish and it would have happened anyway.

Edited by bennett

I think Rangers were indeed something of a basket case before Whyte came aboard. That's why the bank had seized a chunk of control. I think it's possible that admin may have happened at some point anyway, especially given that McCoist was by then in place.

I don't think it would have happened when it did however, and I do think that any later admin could have been emerged from and liquidation avoided. I would also admit that Whyte would never have got anywhere near the club, were it not for the hovering BTC.

However, for me, this just makes it better. The EBT scheme was immoral and it's entirely fitting that it's what brought a shit like Whyte into the picture.

Rangers have been the victim of crooked behaviour and I doubt if their fans could have done much to prevent it.

Again with your revisionism it was Scottish football fans egged on by bloggers who behaved like aggressive, petulant, stupid children.

Show some humility.

And as if by magic, along comes a stupid, petulant, aggressive moron with the reasoning skills of a particularly dim child.

Vicky - the scumbag's scumbag.

Show some humility.

What should these blogger-egged Scottish football fans have done instead of urging their clubs to adhere to the rules, Benny?

No evasions here, please.

Wow that was well thought out.

I see that the new bandwagon which will be repeated until the masses take it as gospel will be this basket case rubbish and it would have happened anyway.

If that's a bandwagon, it's got better wheels than the "victims" vehicle you lot have been whining about.

Again with your revisionism it was Scottish football fans egged on by bloggers who behaved like aggressive, petulant, stupid children.Show some humility.

Don't be daft Bennett.

There were of course plenty of good examples of aggressive, petulant, stupid behaviour from Rangers fans during this elongated episode, but the very best was the attack on the BBC for blowing a whistle on the guy you now all want behind bars.

Fans of other clubs objected to one club being treated blatantly in ways that others certainly wouldn't be.

Of course, you know this.

. Fans of other clubs objected to one club being treated blatantly in ways that others certainly wouldn't be. Of course, you know this.

Fans of other clubs had already branded Rangers guilty, thanks to the word of a discredited blogger and through intimidation and bully boy tactics demanding that Rangers be made to pay for their crimes and pay heavily.

Through misinformation and downright lies Scottish football fans behaved disgracefully.

Rangers should have been treated fairly and received a fair hearing rather than the predetermined shams that we had to endure.