Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Oxymoron of the year award?

"The Company is managing its cash resources carefully and will require further funding before the end of January"

Roughly translated that means

"We've put a padlock on the biscuit tin to stop Black eating all the hob-nobs, but we need a loan from Ashley to stock up on Jaffa Cakes and Tunnocks Caramel Wafers before the next home game."

From KDS ....

It's probably just a coincidence ( e14569.gif ) but Mike Ashley's main US business Antigua Enterprises Inc is based in Peoria, a suburb of... Phoenix. Oh and it holds a contract with the NBA.

Peoria is in Illinois rather than Arizona. Think you'll find the American's three sons play "soccer" for a club run by Davie Robertson and that's the Rangers angle.

Roughly translated that means

"We've put a padlock on the biscuit tin to stop Black eating all the hob-nobs, but we need a loan from Ashley to stock up on Jaffa Cakes and Tunnocks Caramel Wafers before the next home game."

Whether the Spivs accepted it or not, the likes of King and the three bears own over 25% of the shares and wouldn't sell them anyway. HTH

Peoria is in Illinois rather than Arizona. Think you'll find the American's three sons play "soccer" for a club run by Davie Robertson and that's the Rangers angle.

Peoria /piˈɔːriə/ is a city in Maricopa and Yavapai counties in the State of Arizona. Most of the city is located in Maricopa County, while a tiny portion in the north is in Yavapai County. It is a major suburb of Phoenix. According to 2010 Census Bureau releases, the population of the city is 154,065.[1] Peoria is currently the sixth largest city in Arizona for land area, and the ninth largest for population. It was named after Peoria, Illinois. (The word peoria is a corruption of the Illini word for “prairie fire”.[3][4]) Peoria is now larger in population than its namesake. It is thespring training home of the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners who share the Peoria Sports Complex. In July 2008, Money magazine listed Peoria in its "Top 100 Places to Live".[5]

Craig Whyte .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes. If the Orcs had made some background checks, they might have avoided liquidation but they suffer from 'enhanced ostrich syndrome'.

Head in the sand, fingers in the ears," la la la la la , I can't hear you. WATP" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank goodness, though. Wouldn't want them to become sentient.

They had went up to 26p when I said they had soared, I think the price was 18p? less than a week ago, so yes I would described this as 'soaring' I made it clear that this was purely down to takeover speculation....which it is.

They are currently sitting at 26p.

Not really sure what point you are actually trying to make.

From a price of almost four times that a couple of years ago, the term should really be "swimming at a slightly shallower depth", but it's all in the perspective, I suppose. In other news, Irn Bru bottles continue to hold their value.

That story about Sarver and Ashley is just pathetic if true.

Ashley clearly wants complete control of the club but why is he going to all that trouble for less than 1% of what he's worth?

He already owns the good bits.

The media were all over Sarver like a fat kid at a pizza hut buffet though. You'd think they would have learned after Whyte.

£18m undervalues a business that doesn't have enough money to see out January.

Perhaps it does when it involves a fat piece of land but we're not saying who owns it because we're really not sure.

That story about Sarver and Ashley is just pathetic if true.

Ashley clearly wants complete control of the club but why is he going to all that trouble for less than 1% of what he's worth?

He already owns the good bits.

The media were all over Sarver like a fat kid at a pizza hut buffet though. You'd think they would have learned after Whyte.

Has the meeja ever given any indication that it has learned? What a fine blowjob it gave Mr Doncaster when he made his gaffe-tastic statement about the the Rangers to the BBC.

Yes. If the Orcs had made some background checks, they might have avoided liquidation but they suffer from 'enhanced ostrich syndrome'.

Head in the sand, fingers in the ears," la la la la la , I can't hear you. WATP" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank goodness, though. Wouldn't want them to become sentient.

Set wealth radars on gullible

So the Phoenix Sun has set then ?

Shockeroonie !

Wonder if it was an attempt at a stalking horse bid, designed to frighten off competition or flush out serious players into bidding ?

WHERE is the next bottomless pit of money going to come from ??

He can secure all the remaining assets and pull the plug ... "Dave .. about the rent for Ipox .. I've spoken Whyte regards his 'interest/claim' and he's agreeable ... blah blah ... Do you want us to factor in maintenance into the rent or do you want to take care of that yourself ....

You can have your 'club' but ... sorry old chum.

If Ashley manages to secure the assets against the loan he will be in a strong position to deal as he sees fit during any admin .... No doubt those backing him will be 'looked after' ....

Kid yourself on if you like .... Ashley still has your 'club' by the baws and is squeezing .... just wonder how much it's going to hurt.

What I don't understand is that Ashley has no interests in the club. Cockwomble confirmed that the club is independent of the company which owns it. The company may go bust but the club carries on. Ashley's dealings are with the company which owns the club, not the club itself, so I don't see how he can be doing anything wrong. Our lords and masters really are getting themselves into a tangle.

I was referring to events in the last couple of days..

You were referring to something 2 years ago..

Aye it is all about perspective right enough.

Another term you might have used was "dead cat bounce". ;)

Nice to see No8. is back - still enjoying the seethe, fella? :lol: