Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

02AZUCg.jpg

This, in a nutshell, is pretty much how it's going down at the moment. Needing loans to make payroll every month is basically the definition of trading while insolvent.

Cockwomble really does have a face that you wouldn't tire of punching, doesn't he?

As much as I agree with Rangers' stance that £18m is quite a low sum of money for complete control of Rangers, This yankee guy has to be the best option surely? One guy wanting to own and run the club? Without all these different portions owned out and everyone having a say? I may have picked that up wrong though as I just skim over most of the articles.

On the whole though I cant say I have any sympathy for where Rangers are at right now, they should've cut their cloth to suit their means as soon as they were liquidated and built themselves back up properly.

As much as I agree with Rangers' stance that £18m is quite a low sum of money for complete control of Rangers, This yankee guy has to be the best option surely? One guy wanting to own and run the club? Without all these different portions owned out and everyone having a say? I may have picked that up wrong though as I just skim over most of the articles.

On the whole though I cant say I have any sympathy for where Rangers are at right now, they should've cut their cloth to suit their means as soon as they were liquidated and built themselves back up properly.

5.5M to 18M in three years, that's a whore of a mark up. £18M is not a low offer!

How Ironic it is that the guy who said not to buy season tickets is now the guy holding the most individual shares...yet has no further control of the club than he did when he demanded the boycott.

And is likely being investigated for his part in the share price dropping by asking the fans to boycott and then picking up the shares at a lower price...

So who does own Rangers?

Good Guy camp 39.16%

Rangers First 610,000 0.75%

Kieran Prior 1,100,740 1.35%

George Taylor 7,575,000 9.30%

George Letham 3,299,515 4.05%

Douglas Park 5,000,000 6.14%

Dave King 11,869,505 14.57%

Aly McCoist 1.31%

Rangers supporters trust 0.86%

Malcolm Murray 0.33%

Walter Smith 0.09%

Phillip Nash 233,031 0.29%

Norman Crighton 96,222 0.12%

Wet Fish camp 23.01% (+12.14% of as yet unknown SE Proxy votes)

Sandy Easdale 4,242,110 5.21%

Mike Ashley 7,265,000 8.92%

Margarita Funds Holding Trust 2,600,000 3.19% (SE Proxy)

James Easdale 572,749 0.70% (SE Proxy)

David Somers 61,186 0.08%

Blue Pitch Holdings 4,000,000 4.91% (SE Proxy)

Undecided voting camp 37.83% (SE has a proxy of 26.15% in total 14.01% of which are detailed above, this leaves a definite 12.14% of this undecided total in the SE Proxy but who they are is unknown)

Unknowns 18.8% 15, 346,938 (small shareholders some of which are Rangers fans, others part of the SE Proxy, some of which are not allocated)

River and Mercantile Asset Management LLP 4,704,827 5.77%

Legal and General Investment Management Limited 2,000,000 2.45%

FMR LLC 2,000,000 2.45%

Discretionary clients of Hargreave Hale 69,450 0.09%

Cazenove Capital Management Limited 2,450,000 3.01%

Artemis 5.26% 4,286,000

Some bloke who's having a bit of light relief from the hurly-burly of owning a big club in the English Premier League.

(Because I hate to break it to you, Tedi - those shares are actually in a holding company)

The backlash from the support had already started though spineless fuckers had already caved in and bought STs anyway, many fans were calling for other fans to starve them out, DK joined in as did a fair few other prominent fans.

Dear me, we're on a bit of a revisionist roll today, aren't we Pelucía?

The backlash from the support had already started though, many fans were calling for other fans to starve them out, DK joined in as did a fair few other prominent fans.

Shouldn't make much of a difference. He was a high profile personality in the ongoing saga, he had a stated interest in acquiring the company, was very vocal in his backing of a move that would deliberately damage the financial performance of the company, and he has now bought a substantial quantity of shares at a price below the market price when he came out and supported the boycott. It's an open and shut case, on face value.

Market Manipulation in the UK is a criminal offence and is punishable(From memory, I might be wrong, it's been a few years since I had to keep UK regulation in mind) with an unlimited fine and/or up to 7 years in jail.

A fan repeating what other fans were already calling for?

Are we to prosecute every fan who has (1) been calling for fans to starve the board and (2) subsequently bought shares in an attempt to get control back of their club?

Good luck with that one.

Not every fan bought 14% of those shares though, it doesn't look good for him even if his itention was honest.

Are we to prosecute every fan who has (1) been calling for fans to starve the board and (2) subsequently bought shares in an attempt to get control back of their club?

Good luck with that one.

Deliberately missing the point.

King has previous for market manipulation in South Africa. He will very likely face action in the UK, but more than likely will be hit with a punitive fine.

Good luck with that one.

This post seems a little disingenuous to me.

Surely not?

It does not add up anyway.

When DK amongst others called for the boycott the share price was trading at 25p, It then rose to 31p in August at the time when final ST numbers were known, it really did not have that much of an influence.

The reason the share price has fallen is down to the way the finances have been managed and the money squandered, the only ones to blame are those in charge.

The finances were worse than they were expected to be thanks to calls for a boycott. Revenue was down substantially. King played a part in that. He has now bought millions of shares at a substantially discounted price. He knew what he was doing. He also knows the fine he receives from the FCA will likely be pocket change. Whether or not individuals who have lost out can take private action, I don't know.