Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Do you think PM dig "more sympathy from certain quarters" in the press was aimed at masons that had declined to put their professional reputations on the line for the sake of the club? Or do you think he's daft enough to expect the financial markets should cut them some slack because they have been hard done by and after all they "ara peepul"?

No idea.

The biggest question coming out of HBs theorising about shenanigans designed to see 'the club' escape debt free, with 'the company' crashing and burning is a very basic simple one. Exactly what constitutes a football club. What needs to happen that actually sees the entity that involves a squad of men kicking a ball against other men in a professional capacity be held accountable for what goes on?

What are Hearts? What are St Mirren? If Ann Budge & Co or Stewart Gilmour & Co decide to sign Ronaldo and Messi with money borrowed from Pounds To Pocket, and it inevitably goes tits up - it's nothing to do with 'Hearts' or 'St Mirren'?

Are 'the clubs' seriously operating in a vacuum, a bubble, isolated from any responsibility whatsoever? Quite amazing to think Third Lanark actually disappeared. If only they'd been around today, it would all have been a problem for 'The Third Lanark International' - allowing 'Third Lanark' - you know, that strange unfathomable entity with guys in red shirts running around Cathkin Park playing football, simply carrying on as if whatever happened, it was fcuk-all to do with the club.

Edit to add. In the event that 'St Mirren' did sign Ronaldo & Messi on the never-never and it goes tits up.... While Ronaldo & Messi are running around kicking a ball in black and white multi-striped kiddie's pirate costumes disguised as our home kit... surely they are doing it for 'St Mirren', the football club, not some secondary 'holding company'. Similarly, when signing guys like Daly, Miller, Boyd and Black to fanny around against joiners, painters and milkmen in the lower leagues, these big earners were on the field for 'the club'.

This whole thing about 'the club' not being the ones at fault when the shit hits the fan is frankly an affront to any sensible person. A twisted view that simply should not be entertained... Doncaster.

Edited by pozbaird

No idea.

The biggest question coming out of HBs theorising about shenanigans designed to see 'the club' escape debt free, with 'the company' crashing and burning is a very basic simple one. Exactly what constitutes a football club. What needs to happen that actually sees the entity that involves a squad of men kicking a ball against other men in a professional capacity be held accountable for what goes on?

What are Hearts? What are St Mirren? If Ann Budge & Co or Stewart Gilmour & Co decide to sign Ronaldo and Messi with money borrowed from Pounds To Pocket, and it inevitably goes tits up - it's nothing to do with 'Hearts' or 'St Mirren'?

Are 'the clubs' seriously operating in a vacuum, a bubble, isolated from any responsibility whatsoever? Quite amazing to think Third Lanark actually disappeared. If only they'd been around today, it would all have been a problem for 'The Third Lanark International' - allowing 'Third Lanark' - you know, that strange unfathomable entity with guys in red shirts running around Cathkin Park playing football, simply carrying on as if whatever happened, it was fcuk-all to do with the club.

Edit to add. In the event that 'St Mirren' did sign Ronaldo & Messi on the never-never and it goes tits up.... While Ronaldo & Messi are running around kicking a ball in black and white multi-striped kiddie's pirate costumes disguised as our home kit... surely they are doing it for 'St Mirren', the football club, not some secondary 'holding company'. Similarly, when signing guys like Daly, Miller, Boyd and Black to fanny around against joiners, painters and milkmen in the lower leagues, these big earners were on the field for 'the club'.

This whole thing about 'the club' not being the ones at fault when the shit hits the fan is frankly an affront to any sensible person. A twisted view that simply should not be entertained... Doncaster.

Excellent post.

I don't feel any great personal need to claim the Rangers of today is entirely new and unrelated to what preceded it.

What you've done here though is effectively show why the club/company divorce idea is ludicrous and an insult to the intelligence of anyone who gets it shared with them.

The reality is that today's Rangers is only the same as the nine-in-a-row one, in the same way that Gretna 2008 is the same as the thing Mileson took to the Cup Final.

Liquidation of the owning entity should mean that club has to start from scratch and reapply for readmission.

This. In huge capital letters, this. Let's say I won Euromillions and bought St Mirren from Gilmour lock, stock and barrel for their asking price (which currently stands at somewhere between 1.5 and 2 million). I own St Mirren. I sign players St Mirren could not normally afford. I green light these signings and I sanction their crazy salaries. St Mirren field these signings and these guys 'do a Dundee' in a Cannigia and Ravanelli style, and finish second in the league. Everything I am doing directly affects the on-field AND off-field fortunes of St Mirren Football Club.

It becomes unsustainable. The shit hits the fan. Administration is followed by liquidation.

It's fcuk-all to do with St Mirren Football Club? It was just me.

Obscene.

That's what it appears to be there for ... It's a thoroughly ridiculous and ambiguous rule. Liquidation of the owning entity should mean that club has to start from scratch and reapply for admission.

Corporate greed has replaced sporting integrity within the powers that be. It's almost as if they foreseen the impending disaster that is unfolding.

Should a club restructure by means of a CVA (to the satisfaction of it's creditors) then okay. However if the owning entity is liquidated then the transfer of the share should not take place. Why a clear distinction between an insolvency event and "liquidation" has not been made within the rules is nothing short of encouraging the shafting of creditors.

This. In huge capital letters, this. Let's say I won Euromillions and bought St Mirren from Gilmour lock, stock and barrel for their asking price (which currently stands at somewhere between 1.5 and 2 million). I own St Mirren. I sign players St Mirren could not normally afford. I green light these signings and I sanction their crazy salaries. St Mirren field these signings and these guys 'do a Dundee' in a Cannigia and Ravanelli style, and finish second in the league. Everything I am doing directly affects the on-field AND off-field fortunes of St Mirren Football Club. It becomes unsustainable. The shit hits the fan. Administration is followed by liquidation. It's fcuk-all to do with St Mirren Football Club? It was just me. Obscene.

Agreed 100%.

Damn you I cant even say tainted title ... "tainted runner up" doesn't have the same ring about it.

Given the unfolding scenario do you not think all SPFL fans should now be banding together and petitioning their chairmen to take action prior to the obvious summer shenanigans.

If they liquidate RIFC and remain in the same division with a points penalty it will be a slap in the puss to fans of the clubs they cheated on their way up through the leagues from day one.

The IPO money was clearly a case of financial doping, since it was spent on players and team management they could not have brought in at a cheaper cost .... mhhhh .... never mind ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All of the above is completely acceptable given the SFA/SPL/SPFL's gerrymandering over the past ten years.

Oh my are the massed ranks of the Ps and D's really taking my learned friends ramblings seriously?

People are still taking bloggers opinions as gospel, unbelievable when you consider that almost everyone of them has been discredited over the last few years.

Learn to think for yourselves.

Excellent post.

What you've done here though is effectively show why the club/company divorce idea is ludicrous and an insult to the intelligence of anyone who gets it shared with them.

He had a mental rant which appealed to the popularist opinion on here and did not compare in anyway with what happened at Rangers.

Well that's me convinced.. thanks mate.

You have more credibility than densboy and the QC.

Fcuk even I've got more credibility than those two and I know very little about financial rules and regs.

When would rangers officially be classed as a spfl clubs they won the play offs? Admin event and then start the season with points deduction instead of happening now and no chance of the play offs

We are an spfl club mate.

Not too sure about the rest of your post tho.......

Fcuk even I've got more credibility than those two and I know very little about financial rules and regs.

No you really don't, you are sad pathetic troll who's spare time is taken up hiding Celtic strips in sports direct, Cakes in supermarkets and making imaginary friends in a run down B&B.

pozbaird,hellbhoy,dhenbhoy et al must be hitting home if vicky is going into full snidey areshole mode

He had a dig back... I'm seething. Not enjoying my BRALT journey today, not at all. It's all going somewhat tits-up... However, I am consoled by the fact it is fcuk-all to do with me. The issue here lies firmly at the IP address of The Pozbaird 8055 International.

What a cnut HE is.

You have more credibility than densboy and the QC.

Bennett, if, as seems likely, Rangers hit a 'terminal negative financial event' sometime between now and the start of next season, do you really believe that there won't still be a Rangers incarnation somewhere in the 4 divisions come the start of August?

And, to achieve that, what financial contortions do you think are... possible?