Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm really rather enjoying this breast-beating from the Rangers fans at the minute. It's just like when:

Craig Whyte took over, then

Charles Green took over, then

The Easdales took over, then

Mike Ashley took over

I'm sure it will all work out this time; with a corporate record like this, what could go wrong?

A reasonable point, but I'm not sure that the comparison is entirely accurate. Apart from one of the Easdales, none of the previous saviours was a warranted convicted criminal prior to taking control. Also, the total number of non-compliances against the list* of things that could constitute not being fit and proper was zero. Not 42. The answer to Life, the War Chest and Everything.

* In every other context where I've seen a list of "bad things" and a note that discretion could be used, that has indicated that the list showed the things that definitely barred you - but there would be other things that could also be applied. Best example is the WADA list, which for years used terms like "similar substances". I think that Article 10.2 was intended to be like the WADA list - "we'll bar you for any of these, and anything else that's bad enough that we haven't managed to list". Otherwise the existence of such exemplar clauses make no sense.

Oh dreary me. Ken what makes me sad? This 'post of ignorance' came from someone from Motherwell, same as me.

I hope you didn't go to Dalziel, chap.

sad? seriously?

It's a question, one i don't know the answer too, hence why i am asking on here. people seem to be getting excited that the deadline is getting close. As they are no longer listed then do they still have strict deadlines?

yep i went to Dalziel. Born and raised in Motherwell and i support my local team. no glory hunting here.

3 and a half years and this thread still going?????

FFS what a tiny minded wee country no wonder the English laugh at Scottish football.

This thread still be running in 20 years now doubt with the amount of obsessives on here.

I doubt it:

"It goes without saying that Rangers being in the lower reaches of the SPFL is big news, and with a large volume of posts and topics about the club it makes sense to have these in a dedicated section for as long as the club is outwith the premiership.

Please keep your Rangers related topics in here. We will move this section around as and when the club moves between the SFL divisions."

So if you make it to the Premiership this year, by definition, this thread should wither away and die, probably to replaced with the "Big Rangers Premiership Administration/Liquidation Thread".

Joe, the general secretary of Celtic supporters association shares his 'hilarity' on the DK F & P verdict.

So what crime would be deemed serious enough by the SFA to make a person fail the “Fit & Proper” test? If someone was close to receiving a prison sentence of 80 years unless he paid a fine of almost £44 million; I would suggest that was quite serious; obviously in the case of Dave King the SFA don’t agree. Going by their own articles (below); Dodgy Dave pleaded guilty to Tax Avoidance and Money Laundering and therefore should not be considered trustworthy.[/size]h) he has been convicted within the last 10 years of (i) an offence liable to[/size]imprisonment of two years or over, (ii) corruption or (iii) fraud;[/size](i) he has been suspended or expelled by a National Association from[/size]involvement in the administration of a club;[/size]The SFA have form for ignoring their own rules with regards to criminal activity. The obviously cleared Sandy Easdale as fit and proper and he had served a prison sentence for dishonesty. They have now cleared the way for any major criminal to buy a football club in Scotland; maybe that is their plan for investment.[/size]I believe Mr King was a director of the club formally known as Rangers Football Club. That club went into administration and eventually liquidation; that is an absolute fact; so how is it being ignored? King is now clear to take over as Chairman from Paul Murray, now where have I heard that name before? Oh I remember now … he was a director of the same club as King. Rule below.[/size](j) he has been a director of a club in membership of any National Association[/size]within the 5-year period preceding such club having undergone an[/size]insolvency event;[/size]To be honest; I’m glad King and Murray are in charge of Sevco; I would much rather have those two than a proper rich business man like Mike Ashley; I think Peter Lawwell will run rings around those two if they ever get Sevco back into the top tier.[/size]But the point of the matter is this … much was made of sporting integrity in 2012 when Rangers were liquidated and therefore lost their place in Scottish Football and had to apply to re-join. So how does sporting integrity work now with King; he could have served more time than the Great Train Robbers but is free to run a Scottish Football Club.[/size]How can you suspend players for singing songs about dead clubs; and for betting on football matches; when you let a self-confessed money launderer and tax dodger become chairman of a professional football club?[/size]But when you think about it; the SFA have been doing that for years when it suited their agenda. After all; Campbell Ogilvie is still at the SFA when he was the mastermind behind the EBT’s at Rangers; and there has been at least two managers of the Scottish National Football Team who were involved in the same EBT scheme.[/size]Nothing surprises me with the SFA; they are a dysfunctional organisation who can’t be trusted to act with honesty and integrity. I think the ordinary every day football supporter in Scotland will be disgusted by their latest self-centred decision.[/size]

The master of the semicolon Strikes back lol

If you took Rangers out of the equation and simply asked if someone with Dave King's background was a fit and proper person to be involved in the running of a Scottish football club there would be a unanimous 'NO'.

I reckon you should write a letter to your club demanding action or else.....

£20m of his own cash ready to be invested. Still needs another soft loan of £1.5 today just to keep the lights on

I've seen the following reported:

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug · 4m4 minutes ago

Dave King says he's ready to invest over £20 million of his own cash. Says Mike Ashley doesn't pose a threat to club. #Rangers

Radio Clyde News ‏@RadioClydeNews · 9m9 minutes ago

Dave King says he "doesn't have a figure" when asked how much money he will put in to #Rangers.

So which did Dave King come out with?

Dave King has sailed close to the wind with South African tax authorities and going with that I would expect him to do the same with Rangers. I wouldn't be keen on someone like that running the club I support but Rangers fans are desperate to get back to the old days.

Did see a bit of his interview and talk of investment of 30 million which he will put in 1/2 over the next 4 or 5 years seems unlikely imho (although he said it could go higher if they don't achieve promotion or the next season finish 4th or 5th and don't qualify for Europe)

Edited by Milners

I'd say its more down to whoever tweeted the quotes, journalistic licence.....

Just read the STV link which gives a transcript. He didn't mention an amount and the quote along the lines of "I've put in £20m in the past and could put in more" doesn't give any indication on what he will put in.

I can understand the Rangers fans taking this as a positive, but I still think King being involved at any level is a massive mistake long term. His track record is abysmal and is the sort of character Rangers really should stay away from given the folk who have been involved in the last 5 years.

In another interview released today he states that a minimum investment of £25M will be required but it could be as much as £40M, he is committed to providing at least 50% of that personally.

Would be interesting to see what the breakdown is in terms of where the spend is needed. If any more than £10m is for the squad then you have the wrong people involved. Aberdeen have spent relative pennies on fees and put together a squad that is not that far off Celtic. If his whole idea is based on spending fees and big wages then you're back to being one failure away from what has already happened.

How does sticking another £1.5M in this month, like last month and the month before to cover the obvious shortfall and keep the lights on, wages paid and bailiffs from the Marble staircase count as investment ?????

Pissing good money after bad down the deepest darkest finance mess in Scottish football history would appear a more reasonable description.

In another interview released today he states that a minimum investment of £25M will be required but it could be as much as £40M, he is committed to providing at least 50% of that personally.

are you sure you are not aware of the potential for auto-pilot glib and shameless lying??

But King said a £5m loan from shareholder Mike Ashley was unlikely to be paid back soon, adding that he hopes to renegotiate the relationship with Ashley's Sports Direct.

The Newcastle United owner's company controls Rangers' retail operation and the businessman this month demanded the club hold a general meeting to pay back the loan given to the club in January.

"I regard that resolution to be a non-event," said King.

"It is a lot of nonsense. The shareholders cannot tell the board how to behave. The board would be under no obligation to take their advice."

A group of shareholders led by King took control of Rangers at an extraordinary general meeting in March.

From BBCScotland

Just one of the many things in that article that tickled me.