Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Am I only who is surprised that the club / company issue is being debated so much....am I being thick in thinking that the issue should be if green had a clause in his contract insuring his legal costs and when that period of cover was meant to start?

@jamesdoleman

Brown says Rangers was "a basket of assets that could be sold," but these were not indivisible. Brown "What is the players went one way and the ground another, where is the "club" then.?

Brown. "I realise that Rangers being the same club is a matter of life and death to some,"

James: Wouldn't be a proper legal case without "the elephant in the room" getting mentioned

Am I only who is surprised that the club / company issue is being debated so much....am I being thick in thinking that the issue should be if green had a clause in his contract insuring his legal costs and when that period of cover was meant to start?

Some of the offences relate to before d and P sold Rangers to them and he was a director of sevco, not Rangers football club...

My non expert layman's view.

Some of the offences relate to before d and P sold Rangers to them and he was a director of sevco, not Rangers football club...

My non expert layman's view.

Would the contract clause not have a start date for when this legal insurance cover thingy came into effect? Is it not a simple case of cover starts on x date and anything before that is down to green?

Would the contract clause not have a start date for when this legal insurance cover thingy came into effect? Is it not a simple case of cover starts on x date and anything before that is down to green?

One of the tweets said the contract showed it was backdated to the 1st June 2012 - which I guess would be when it would start.

Sure I read a tweet saying it was backdated, Rfc QC saying that can't happen.

"A simple case"...

Dear me, you've not been keeping up with these loons, have you?

Don't worry, Tedi will be along soon to tell us what the real story is. Expect many references to the ASA and UEFA.

I think what they are trying to clear up is that Green has cover for his time with the company and that there is no such thing as a club in this instance. RIFC are trying to say his claim is for time before he was an executive of the 'club', but Chuck's lawyer is saying that it is his time as executive with Sevco that is what counts, as Sevco simply bought up the Rangers assets then changed Sevco's name to Rangers, rather than Sevco buying Rangers assets then ceasing to exist leaving behind the Rangers assets which is what RIFC are claiming.

To put simply

Green says

Sevco bought assets, continued as Sevco.

RIFC says

Sevco bought Rangers, Green then became exec of Rangers and Sevco vanished.

"A simple case"...

Don't worry, Tedi will be along soon to tell us what the real story is. Expect many references to the ASA and UEFA.

Fivestarts is too busy dotting Vickys drivel... Im sure he will be along soon..

"A simple case"...

Don't worry, Tedi will be along soon to tell us what the real story is. Expect many references to the ASA and UEFA.[/quote

Lol I just thought there might be one tiny aspect of this utter farce which could be boiled down to a simple black n white (no pun intended) fact....also why is there no one called pink involved....we need the full reservoir dogs team on this

This.

What the actual f'ck is happening now?

:unsure: not entirely sure, but i think many law firms are getting rich and the court is deciding who the bill should be sent to. Plus the outcome may reflect the way other cases may go in who is paying for what in the maelstrom of court hearings etc that are coming up. Not entirely sure how all this works in high brow legal terms, but i suspect the legal companies are covered by insurance, If CG wins surely he will claim for loss of earnings etc.

The tin hat side of myself says everyone wins except the punter sitting there in his blue red and white scarf munching his over priced pie whispering to himself that his club are the most successful club ever...