Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That is not even true, you corrected a typeo of 'Fivestarts'

See all those thousands that the"obsessed" have spent?

Do you really think they've been as much off a waste as the tens of millions you and yours have shoveled into the pockets of every crook who can whistle the sash and talk about a "return" which stalled as soon as your mob actually had to play the occasional full time team?

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

The Elephant in the Room

In a previous article, The Reservoir Dogs of Rangers, I outlined the testimony of the colour-coded ciphers in the final appeal by HMRC. A new colour has entered the Rangers lexicon, namely Mr Jonathan Brown. Readers of my article (Greens litigation cover could include defending an investors class action suit re IPO) published September 25, will not be surprised by Mr Brown’s opening gambit that the prospect of future litigation was specifically mentioned in the IPO prospectus.

Mr Brown continues by stating “The risk that someone might seek to unpick this transaction was clearly anticipated. At this juncture, there is a surprising development. Mr Brown has an ace up his sleeve. Apparently the solicitor that drew up Mr Green’s contract of employment, also acted for Mr Coulsen. The implication here is that the contract could withstand legal challenge by anyone choosing to refer to the Coulson case precedents. Mr Brown then presents to court contract between “The Rangers Football Club Ltd” and Charles Green from September 2012 which has been backdate to June 1st.

Mr Brown then moves on to “the vexed question of the mythical concept of the club.” Lord Doherty states that the “articles of association show Rangers started as a club.

Brown responded that this changed when Rangers incorporated in 1899. Brown continued: “Sevco Scotland did not buy the club they bought the business and assets of the club.There is a difference between the company and the business assets, but not between a club and a company. A club is an undertaking of it’s owners. As it has neither capacity of personality, no-one can be CEO of a club. The idea that someone can be CEO of an undertaking is just nonsense.”

Brown continued: “I realize that Rangers being the same club is a matter of life and death to some, but it wouldn’t be a proper legal case without the elephant in the room getting mentioned.Theteam are paid by Sevco, play at a ground owned by Sevco, trained by a manager who is employed by Sevco, fans buy tickets from Sevco .Rangers was a basket of assets that could be sold, but these were not indivisible.The players went one way and the ground another, where is the “club” then?”

With these statements Mr Brown refutes the concept that the club continued with new operators or a new holding company, which was the preferred narrative of the RIFC legal team. He concludes that the team playing at Ibrox is Sevco, not Rangers.

Mr Brown pointed out that Mr Green was happy to depart the scene without fuss, but if he was dragged back in “you pay the lawyers.” The wording of the indemnity agreement shows “it was to be as wide as possible.” The costs decision can not wait until criminal case is over, as “The rainy day has arrived.” Jonathan Brown then finishes his submissions on behalf of his client Charles Green.

Mr Wolffe then rises to rebut by making a few short points.He agrees that Green is “entitled to the presumption of innocence” on the criminal charges. Mr Wolffe suggests Lord Doherty can “draw an inference from the criminal indictment” which he refers to as his “fallback position.”

As proceedings draw to a close, Lord Doherty gives leave to Mr Brown to have the last word.The Court is told that Mr Green is seeking funding for senior counsel, junior counsel, solicitors and any experts senior counsel wishes to call.

Lord Doherty adjourns the case to consider submissions. His verdict will be provided in writing at a later date.

Dave King statement. Arrogant p***k.....

"It is disappointing that a debate has re-emerged around the subject of Rangers history in Scottish football. It must be especially frustrating for the Clubs supporters who again find individuals within the structures of Scottish football unfairly targeting the Club.

As the one individual who was a major shareholder and director throughout the period that gave rise to the HMRC dispute, and again find myself in a similar capacity, I believe that I am uniquely positioned to make three important observations.

First, irrespective of the final outcome of the tax appeal (which might take several more years) the football team had no advantage from any tax savings from the scheme put in place by the Murray Group. Throughout the period in question the shareholders were committed to providing funding to the Club. The tax scheme may have reduced the need for shareholders to provide higher levels of funding so, as I have tried to make clear in the past, any advantage gained would have been to the company and its shareholders, not the team. *Certain players may not have signed for the Club without the perceived benefit of personal tax savings but there was no general advantage for the player squad, or the performance on the pitch.* We would still have signed players of equal abilities if one or two had decided they didnt want to sign under different financial circumstances.

Secondly, Lord Nimmo Smith has fully and finally dealt with the legitimacy of the continuity of the Clubs history. There is no more to be debated on that issue.

Finally, it is extraordinary that representatives of other Scottish clubs who admit the damage done to Scottish football by Rangers removal from the Premier League should even wish to re-engage with this issue. It is time those individuals, who represent other clubs, recognise their legal and fiduciary responsibilities to their own clubs and shareholders rather than submit to the uninformed ramblings of a few outspoken fans to whom attacking Rangers is more important than the wellbeing of their own clubs.

This is a misguided attempt (that will ultimately fail) to rewrite history and defeat Rangers off the park when their teams could not do so on the park at the time. The history of many other clubs would have to be rewritten if this illogical argument was to be consistently applied.

Having reviewed documentation that has become available to me I believe that Rangers was harshly and, in some instances, unfairly treated in the period leading up to demotion from the Premier League. However, that is now history and I have publicly stated, with the full support of the recently installed board, that we wish to put the past behind us and move on in partnership with all clubs throughout Scotland to improve and restore the image and quality of Scottish football as a whole. This will be to the benefit of all clubs.

For the avoidance of doubt, however, I wish to make one point clear. If the history of our Club comes under attack we will deal with it in the strongest manner possible and will hold to account those persons who have acted against their fiduciary responsibilities to their own clubs and to Scottish football."

Final Paragraph. ..

Please note I ain't putting my hand in my pocket to keep this thing going but now you all shouting WATP etc...,

Want to buy some shares / season tickets / bricks or just gies your money.

Dave King statement. Arrogant p***k.....

" I believe that Rangers was harshly and, in some instances, unfairly treated in the period leading up to demotion from the Premier League. However, that is now history and I have publicly stated, with the full support of the recently installed board, that we wish to put the past behind us and move on in partnership with all clubs throughout Scotland to improve and restore the image and quality of Scottish football as a whole. This will be to the benefit of all clubs.

For the avoidance of doubt, however, I wish to make one point clear. If the history of our Club comes under attack we will deal with it in the strongest manner possible and will hold to account those persons who have acted against their fiduciary responsibilities to their own clubs and to Scottish football."

Oh FFS not this nugget again, not demoted, reformed and rightly restarted in the lowest league.

King who always seems to fail to admit he was part of the sanctioning board thet implemented EBT's and never questioned Murrays judgment at the time, really needs to sort himself out and open his pocket of millions he has...

Oh FFS not this nugget again, not demoted, reformed and rightly restarted in the lowest league.

King who always seems to fail to admit he was part of the sanctioning board thet implemented EBT's and never questioned Murrays judgment at the time, really needs to sort himself out and open his pocket of millions he has...

To be fair he does say "This is a misguided attempt (that will ultimately fail) to rewrite history" :lol: