Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Objctive you are, sir, and I applaud you for it. The problem celtic have is that is they no longer have a big bully mate with them to push their anti-competition agenda. For too many years these two have been operating hand in hand for their own ends, using the rest of us as training fodder while they ascended to their rightful place among Europe's elite. All I, and I hope most fans, are saying is that celtic will have to accept they are no longer a special case in Scottish Football. Remember, they were just as willng to drop the rest of us in the shite while they took "the biggest derby in the world" to the English leagues (at whatever level), or the Atlantic league, or whoever would have them both. And the point is - BOTH. They are business partners, who love money and couldn't give a shite about Killie, A*r, Morton, or anyone else in the game in THIS country. f**k them, f**k their mates, and f**k the arseholes who could never understand the sheer visceral feelings that this game inspires in us. You only have to look at he scenes after non-old firm cup wins to see what really caring about the game means. Neither of them ever have a parade- they just wave the latest bauble at their next home game, because it matters THAT MUCH.

Agreed ... apart from the first * ;)

This would also be a chance for root & branch change in our game. One organisation running the show, summer football, more equitable split of commercial interests, everything should be looked at.

Absolutely, a thousand times this, especially the summer football idea. February to October season, apart from in tournament years, where we get June off to put our feet up and watch other nations play on the telly.

"The problem celtic have is that is they no longer have a big bully mate with them to push their anti-competition agenda."

I agree with you entirely...I guess the point is if justice is done (and I still wouldn't bet the house on it if our chairman is any representative example) then it will be interesting to see how the green cheek copes...how many of those fans will stay with them if there's no OF hate-fest to pep up their lives? How many will turn up in their '1 horse league?' If there is some levelling of the financial playing field how will they cope with less of the pie? If the speed they emptied Hampden after the League Cup final is any indicator then probably not that many..

BUT - if this genuinely does turn out to be watershed moment, and the other clubs do manage to mount some sort of challenge eventually (Aberdeen, Dundee U, the Edinburgh clubs really should?) then maybe they will find a proper competition to be worth watching?

It is all ifs and maybes, but I still think until they have been accused of the sort of outrageous manipulation that Fat Sally's institution has been (and some of his nonsensical comments have really reduced him) then we can still dislike them all we want, but they don't deserve the sanctions that RFC most certainly do

What gets me is that all of a sudden all these high powered businessman with access to high quality financial advice and lawyers that won't get out of bed for a million are asking us to believe that they did not know what was going on or were duped. Sorry does not wash.

Sorry bout this but i've been out all day and just had a wee read of the Daily Record, Whats all this hidden away about Green agreeing a CVA with HMRC ? Is it true and why haven't i read this anywhere else and why's the story hidden away on page 10 (ish). Can't be bothered looking back 200 odd pages for the answers so some nice poster please explain. I'd be gutted if this was true but for some reason it looks like pish.

Sorry bout this but i've been out all day and just had a wee read of the Daily Record, Whats all this hidden away about Green agreeing a CVA with HMRC ? Is it true and why haven't i read this anywhere else and why's the story hidden away on page 10 (ish). Can't be bothered looking back 200 odd pages for the answers so some nice poster please explain. I'd be gutted if this was true but for some reason it looks like pish.

Unsubstantiated pish.

"The problem celtic have is that is they no longer have a big bully mate with them to push their anti-competition agenda."

I agree with you entirely...I guess the point is if justice is done (and I still wouldn't bet the house on it if our chairman is any representative example) then it will be interesting to see how the green cheek copes...how many of those fans will stay with them if there's no OF hate-fest to pep up their lives? How many will turn up in their '1 horse league?' If there is some levelling of the financial playing field how will they cope with less of the pie? If the speed they emptied Hampden after the League Cup final is any indicator then probably not that many..

BUT - if this genuinely does turn out to be watershed moment, and the other clubs do manage to mount some sort of challenge eventually (Aberdeen, Dundee U, the Edinburgh clubs really should?) then maybe they will find a proper competition to be worth watching?

It is all ifs and maybes, but I still think until they have been accused of the sort of outrageous manipulation that Fat Sally's institution has been (and some of his nonsensical comments have really reduced him) then we can still dislike them all we want, but they don't deserve the sanctions that RFC most certainly do

All Celtic need as an income stream for a post rangers SPL is the ability to strike their own TV arrangements.

A lesser SKY/espn deal won't be the end of the world if Celtic can use their tv rights to sell/stream their matches direct

I reckon the diddies will let them do that in return for a modest % cut going to the league collectively.

It may be true - but if it is HMRC & Green will have breached the DPA - so its very safe to say that the Retard have made it up.

Great stuff. Been following a number of blogs on Twitter and this is one of the more informative ones.

As the Fuddie said, welcome.

Who's been explaining the long words to you?

Absolutely, a thousand times this, especially the summer football idea. February to October season, apart from in tournament years, where we get June off to put our feet up and watch other nations play on the telly.

Agree with this and think this moment deserves a first post.  So many things to say but most importantly; Rangers by any standard of natural justice, decency, morality have to be expelled from Scottish football. Following on from that, the moment should be seized as the opportunity for a complete overhaul of the structure of the game. 

The article by the ever-reliable Record simply relay's the dubious claim by Nanny McPhee that HMRC have dropped him the nod and a wink - AS IF THEY WOULD OPERATE ON THAT BASIS!!!! Significantly, nobody else bothered to publish this 'claim'. Regard it as 'methodone for the Masses Orcs' to keep them placid and prevent any chance of rioting on this balmy evening!

1338069922[/url]' post='6275626']

All Celtic need as an income stream for a post rangers SPL is the ability to strike their own TV arrangements.

A lesser SKY/espn deal won't be the end of the world if Celtic can use their tv rights to sell/stream their matches direct

I reckon the diddies will let them do that in return for a modest % cut going to the league collectively.

Fair point, but will they sell enough if their fans get bored in a boring diddy league? I guess the question is how many Celtic fans are football fans watch their team for purely football reasons and how many do so for 'other' reasons (whatever those might be)

To put it another way...how many Celtic fans would lose interest if rangers do go tits up?

Fair point, but will they sell enough if their fans get bored in a boring diddy league? I guess the question is how many Celtic fans are football fans watch their team for purely football reasons and how many do so for 'other' reasons (whatever those might be)

To put it another way...how many Celtic fans would lose interest if rangers do go tits up?

A generation has passed since celtics last nineinarow.

Triumphalist bawbags are on that side too.

It'll sell if they keep winning.