Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

i think the issues which should be considered by the spl - newco and points - should be done on self interest. that is the point of the spl.

I don't, it's the highest league in the land and should be based on "sporting integrity" rather than commercial terms, otherwise we would have a franchise similar to the MLS in the States.

the things that the sfa should judge on should be judged by their prescribed rules. where punishments are subjetive they should be proportional to punishments handed out by their fellow uefa members.

That's a bit of a contradiction. They should be based on their rules but should also be relative to other national organisations. Let's be honest here though, the reason the CoS asked the SFA to reconsider their ruling was down to an interpretation of the rules, however the judge did say that the harshest sanctions that was not applied and fudged in order to benefit Rangers were applicable to the situation.

what actually pisses me off is that it is a fact that juve filled their players full of epo to win the champions league but no one on this site gives a damn.

You mean the club that was relegated for cheating? ;)

This again all goes past the point of which you were claiming to be fair, when at least you admitted you wished them to be fair to Motherwell rather than fair in general. This is where we disagree and even if it means that it harms my team, I would still wish for the punishment to be harsh if the authorities thought so irrespective of whether it affects other clubs.

You're quite right Ric. it is not fair but certain teams will look after themslf...as they should...and i cant understand why others are struggling to accept this.

The only fair and sporting outcome is relegation to the SFL 3..if Tsar still wants an example were Fiorentina not relegated in Italy for going bust?

For what? The charges currently on the table, or the end game when the dual-contracts kick in?

To be honest, I think suspension or expulsion is too harsh for the current charges. However, they are less harsh than the alternatives are lenient, so I would like to think the SFA will go that way.

When the dual-contracts are proven, relegation to the 3rd would be nowhere near harsh enough.

And making an arse of yourself on both .... well done.

i'm just trying to do a public service. the circle w**k of positive reinforcement has left too many people on here convinced the sfa are going to expel rangers from scottish football. think about those words. imagine your reaction to them 12 months ago. we live in the same world, it's not happening.

for a perfect example of how positive reinforcement can lead to delusion look at any independence thread in the general nonsense forum. if they were your sole barometer of scottish public opinion on independence you would assume the polls are 85% in favour. it is miles removed from reality.

Edited by T_S_A_R

I don't, it's the highest league in the land and should be based on "sporting integrity" rather than commercial terms, otherwise we would have a franchise similar to the MLS in the States.

That's a bit of a contradiction. They should be based on their rules but should also be relative to other national organisations. Let's be honest here though, the reason the CoS asked the SFA to reconsider their ruling was down to an interpretation of the rules, however the judge did say that the harshest sanctions that was not applied and fudged in order to benefit Rangers were applicable to the situation.

This again all goes past the point of which you were claiming to be fair, when at least you admitted you wished them to be fair to Motherwell rather than fair in general. This is where we disagree and even if it means that it harms my team, I would still wish for the punishment to be harsh if the authorities thought so irrespective of whether it affects other clubs.

You didnt buy that rubbish did you? :o

thankfully people with more than one opinion are allowed to post 8)

and if you got the email from stuart mcall during the week i agree with what he has to say regarding how this effects our club.

And thank you for that invitation, you who consider yourself the site's expert on European law. You come on here and lecture people as though you are some kind of God's gift to P&B, dictating your views and criticising those who speak out against you.

Remember this from a few months ago when you were trying to impose your ideas on all of us?

the issue here is whether or not uefa have broken swiss law in regard to sion's ability to trade. the swiss courts will decide this. the swiss courts will be the ones who decide this matter.
uefa's most recent move....

nicely ask sion to forfeit their civil rights and go to CAS.

constantin has them on the run :D

or losing at CAS creates less problems for them than losing in the swiss civil courts.
sion don't have to go to cas.

constantin seems up for a scrap, going to cas would be taking a step back. he and sion will recieve more protection in the swiss legal system.

the latest on this seems to be that CAS have set a date for a hearing even though sion have not agreed to go CAS as yet.

hopefully sion smell the rat here and stick with the swiss courts.

are uefa so arrogant that they couldn't see this situation arising? the way they are behaving is uttery incompetent, they seem to have no plan b if sion don't accept the offer to go to CAS. if they have to move out of switzerland over this that will be the end of platini.

Oh how right you were, Mr Legal Expert who has come down from heaven to put all us common mortals in our place. Platini's out on his erse, UEFA is still grovelling before the Swiss courts and Sion won the Europa League and the Swiss championship.

And now you have returned to spout out even more of your pseudo-legalistic shyte. Why don't you just fvck off back to FF where you belong?

Edit. You would be better off using your fingers to have a quick w*nk than type out the crap you do now!

Edited by WeeHectorPar

T_S_A_R

How ye doin' the night?

Rangers were given a sanction which enabled them to continue playing and earning money thus keeping the club alive, subsequently Rangers appealed to the law of the land to have that sanction overturned and succeeded but now Lord Glennie, representing the law which Rangers appealed to, has stated that the SFA had acted incorrectly and must choose a punishment fitting the crime and has stated that of the punishments available.

“Although the AT agreed with the JP that termination, suspension of membership would have been excessive, # it made that assessment in the context of the availability of competent lesser sanctions such as the one actually imposed. # Ere that option not to have been available, suspension might have had to be considered appropriate for such serious misconduct which has brought the game into disrepute.”

When Rangers are suspended or expelled it will have nothing to do with us internet bampots, who you seem to enjoy trolling, it will have everything to do with Rangers thinking that they are the school ground bully who can even take on the teachers.

No8, how you doin bud?

I love the way you guys change tact when you are proved to be wrong, even if Reagan does get horsed out for clicking favourite on a stupid post that will not save your heinous club, stop deflecting and get back to reality. You loved coming on here and trolling everyone when Rangers "won" their legal appeal, how the fvck do you feel right now after reading Lord Glennie's comments which basically instruct the SFA to damn your hideous club to hell, where they belong?

ETA all made possible by Rangers own fans, you just don't get any more pleasing than that.

Edited by stonedsailor

1. the spl (and the epl) were created to put the interests of their members ahead of the interests of the national game. sad but true.

2. juve got one relegation for massive criminal acts meant to fix games and filling their players with drugs to get an unfair advantage on the park. much, much worse than anything that has ever happened in uk football.

3. probably due to the fact i watch my team 40 odd times a season and you see yours on the odd occasion.

i'm just trying to do a public service. the circle w**k of positive reinforcement has left too many people on here convinced the sfa are going to expel rangers from scottish football. think about those words. imagine your reaction to them 12 months ago. we live in the same world, it's not happening.

for a perfect example of how positive reinforcement can lead to delusion look at any independence thread in the general nonsense forum. if they were your sole barometer of scottish public opinion on independence you would assume the polls are 85% in favour. it is miles removed from reality.

No, youre really not. Youre indulging in the worst kinds of forum posting. Youre posting your opinion as absolute fact. Most posters, including on this thread, have posted their opinions, most have asked questions, many have posted what they would love to happen. Very few, have posted their opinion as absolute fact, as you have. Of those that have, its obvious that they do so from a genuine position of knowledge, a position of genuinely being able to clear up questions other posters have. Just for the record, you dont fall under that category.

Worse than all of that, you dont even have the balls to admit who your "big" team is

And thank you for that invitation, you who consider yourself the site's expert on European law. You come on here and lecture people as though you are some kind of God's gift to P&B, dictating your views and criticising those who speak out against you.

Remember this from a few months ago when you were trying to impose your ideas on all of us?

Oh how right you were, Mr Legal Expert who has come down from heaven to put all us common mortals in our place. Platini's out on his erse, UEFA is still grovelling before the Swiss courts and Sion won the Europa League.

And now you have returned to spout out even more of your pseudo-legalistic shyte. Why don't you just fvck off back to FF where you belong?

Edit. You would be better off using your fingers to have a quick w*nk than type out the crap you do now!

:jerry

The only fair and sporting outcome is relegation to the SFL 3..if Tsar still wants an example were Fiorentina not relegated in Italy for going bust?

In truth, I don't know what is fair, I have to leave that up to the SFA and/or SPL. What I do find disappointing is the noise created by either side of the argument, especially the spin based on completely unknown unknowns (ie: no Rangers and no TV deal) and those who have built their house of cards on sponsorship money of the OF meaning neither club can ever be relegated or even punished (which looks to be teams like Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Dundee United if you believe the chat).

I don't particularly wish to see Rangers hammered so heavily they stop existing. That's a bit daft as football teams will tend to exist if they have a support base and Rangers clearly have that. However they can't be seen as too big to be punished if they are judged to have done wrong (and of course the level of wrong is still open to debate). The muppets on places like FF and RM do "grind my gears" (©Peter Griffin) in regard to their inability to accept the club has been caught with their pants down and that it's not all one big conspiracy against them.

????

Has a small child hacked your account tonight - or have you been on the 20/20?

was watching lord of the rings

couple half shandys have passed yon lips this eveningwink.gif

1. the spl (and the epl) were created to put the interests of their members ahead of the interests of the national game. sad but true.

But no team should be considered so big that they cannot either be punished or relegated. If Manchester United finished bottom in the EPL they would be relegated, it's as simple as that so there is no comparison to our English cousins.

2. juve got one relegation for massive criminal acts meant to fix games and filling their players with drugs to get an unfair advantage on the park. much, much worse than anything that has ever happened in uk football.

Well it's all relative to be fair. Considering some of the information coming out, could Rangers not be considered to have colluded to maintain an advantage not for just the one season but for decades?

3. probably due to the fact i watch my team 40 odd times a season and you see yours on the odd occasion.

A pretty low blow, I don't see what that has to do with anything. Being out of the country for the best part of 2 years does limit my attendance that is certainly fair to say, but I don't see why that means my opinions of fairness or my willingness of my club to survive is any less (or more) than yours. A very poor argument that one.

No, youre really not. Youre indulging in the worst kinds of forum posting. Youre posting your opinion as absolute fact. Most posters, including on this thread, have posted their opinions, most have asked questions, many have posted what they would love to happen. Very few, have posted their opinion as absolute fact, as you have. Of those that have, its obvious that they do so from a genuine position of knowledge, a position of genuinely being able to clear up questions other posters have. Just for the record, you dont fall under that category.

Worse than all of that, you dont even have the balls to admit who your "big" team is

my big team are motherwell.

Champions-League-3.jpg

what opinon have i have posted as fact?

This back and forth is getting a tad monotenous. So here are some tits:

344e7nc.jpg

I hope that helps everyone. A good point well made I think.

l-r Paul Murray, Brian Kennedy, Sandy Jardine, Ally Mccoist, Duffman & Charles Green

But no team should be considered so big that they cannot either be punished or relegated. If Manchester United finished bottom in the EPL they would be relegated, it's as simple as that so there is no comparison to our English cousins.

Well it's all relative to be fair. Considering some of the information coming out, could Rangers not be considered to have colluded to maintain an advantage not for just the one season but for decades?

A pretty low blow, I don't see what that has to do with anything. Being out of the country for the best part of 2 years does limit my attendance that is certainly fair to say, but I don't see why that means my opinions of fairness or my willingness of my club to survive is any less (or more) than yours. A very poor argument that one.

1. if man u were getting relegated and half the teams in the league were going to go bust because of it i'm sure those clubs would welcome the chance to vote to keep them involved.

2. they misadministered a legal tax dodge. i don't think anyone will be charged unlike with juve.

3. the difference is that i pay money and spend my spare time watching motherwell so the quality of player on the park for my team is a bigger deal for me than someone (i don't know if this is deffo you) who doesn't pay or spend time watching their club.