Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Anyone else notice the Daily Record removed Keith Jackson's "wealth off the radar" story about Craig Whyte from their website :lol:

This one?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2010/11/18/craig-whyte-profile-the-scots-billionaire-on-the-brink-of-taking-over-the-club-he-loves-86908-22722617/

Craig Whyte profile: The Scots billionaire on the brink of taking over the club he loves

Nov 18 2010 Keith Jackson

Craig Whyte started playing the stock market at the age of 15. By the time he left school he had more than £20,000 in his bank account.

Today, aged just 39, this financial whizzkid from Motherwell stands on the brink of pulling off the biggest deal of his life - and finally bringing the curtain down on one of the longest-running sagas in Scottish football.

Record Sport understands self-made billionaire Whyte has entered into the final stages of negotiations to buy control of the club he loves from Sir David Murray.

And he's still one year younger than captain Davie Weir.

A deal worth around £30million is now believed to have reached such an advanced stage that sources say Whyte, a high-roller who splits his time between a home in London and the idyllic Castle Grant in Grantown-on-Spey, could even have the keys to Ibrox in time to fund a major refurbishment of Walter Smith's top-team squad in January.

The news will delight Rangers supporters who have been fretting over the future of their club ever since Murray first slapped a For Sale sign on the front door of Edmiston Drive around three years ago.

As the club's financial health deteriorated to such an extent the banks moved in to control the purse strings, a series of false dawns came and went.

First, a consortium headed up by South African-based tycoon Dave King came to the fore only to fail to meet Murray's asking price.

Then, in March this year, Londonbased property developer Andrew Ellis emerged as the frontrunner and was granted a period of exclusivity in order to get the deal done.

But Ellis, now part of the consortium, did not have the financial clout to back up his bold promises and his bid collapsed, leaving Rangers firmly in the grip of the Lloyds Group.

Exiled Glaswegian King was then talked up once more as the possible saviour but he was also engaged in a long-running battle with the tax man and while those issues remained unresolved, he too looked l ike an increasingly unlikely white knight for a club now engulfed by crisis.

But yesterday, quite out of the blue, Record Sport learned a new man is at the table and that a deal to end Murray's 22-year reign is ready to be completed.

And that man is a relative boy.

By the age of 26, Whyte was already Scot land's youngest self-made millionaire. Now, 13 years on, and in charge of a vast business empire, his wealth is off the radar.

Whyte is a venture capitalist who has made his millions from playing the markets - a skill he secret ly began honing in his third year at Glasgow's Kelvinside Academy. In one of his few interviews he revealed how he immediately regretted going to the private school - because he despised playing rugby.

He said: "I hated the discipline of it. It was a rugby-only school, which I didn't play as I was interested in football.'' Whyte worked weekends for his dad's plant hire firm. And he saved up his wages to fund his habit of gambling on Stock Exchange.

It is said that, by the time he left school, he had more cash in his bank than many of his teachers.

At 19, he was in charge of his own hire plant.

Now he owns his own castle - one of the most historic buildings in Scotland. And very soon he could be adding Rangers to his portfolio. It remains to be seen if Whyte's move to capture the club will f lush any other parties out of the woodwork because - despite their failure to strike a deal with Murray - King and his consortium have yet to throw in the towel on their own ambitions.

They had put together a package worth around £18m but this was flatly rejected and Ellis drove the price up when he agreed to pay Murray more than £30m.

The club's debt has been reduced by around £10m since then but the selling price remains the same.

Now, quite clearly, Whyte believes he will be able to close the deal and the young gun must have said enough to impress Murray, who has stated all along that he will only sell the club to the right people - men with enough money to take the club forward.

Who knows? Murray may even regard Whyte as something of a kindred spirit.

After all, Murray was himself aged just 37 back in 1988 when he launched a takeover of the Ibrox club.

It was the beginning of one of the most successful periods in Rangers' history but Murray's aggressive pursuit of European glory eventually saw him writing the kind of cheques that his club could simply not afford.

Now Whyte is bringing his money to the table but it remains to be seen if he will adopt the same scatter-cash approach as the man who has owned the club for the past two decades.

But if he brings in even half of the number of trophies Murray delivered then the fans are unlikely to be complaining.

You could always split the band, citing creative differnces and go back to the Highland League.

I would vote for that, divorce made in heaven ;)

I've done a wee poll with about 50 Rangers fans that I know including my family.

I was utterly gobsmacked with what really is the agenda of the newco going to the 3rd division.

A few said they really couldn't care less it's not Rangers anymore and were season ticket holders,a few good people.

Around 10% said they should be in the SPL regardless of recent circumstances and looked forward to seeing SPL teams suffer because they are not there.

Around 40% said it's because that's were they should start from ! BUT ! so they can watch other clubs go to the wall and enter admin and liquidate :o.

Another 40% said just so they can watch the other SPL clubs that voted against them go to the wall or enter admin or get liquidated.

Boycotting ! 90% said they would boycott other clubs,and this 90% didn't even have a season ticket or even have been to an away game in donkeys years :o.The other 10% liked away games regardless.

The oldco's history and punishments !

All but 4 or 5 people said the history was gone and Greens team was a brand new team with no history and said the newco should accept the oldco's punishments to a point regarding the dual contracts if they want to be known as Rangers in any name.

The rest are confused stating it's a continuation of the oldco but is immune to any punishment from the oldco even though it is the oldco's history they want meaning they are the oldco and are liable for the oldco's history.At this point I nearly had a fight with my brother the die hard Rangers fan and he spouted out Big Jock Knew,54 titles WATP,the biggest most successful club team on the planet and still going strong,fcuk the pope and your a kiddy fiddling supporter.Needless to say I pissed in his coffee later as a lesson ha har.

So in reality the majority of the Rangers fans only want 3rd division football so they can watch the rest of the SPL suffer and not because this is by the rule book for a new club.The majority don't actually think they are a new club playing in a dead clubs stadium with no history as the history books will record,they just want to gloat about 54 titles WATP n most successful club team in the world n aw that.

About half still can't understand that EBT's were illegal they way Rangers used them,they only say EBT's are legal so why are we being punished and it was the players on the park who won them titles and Rangers could have afforded them anyway :blink:.

I thought I'd find more ragers fans with an open mind and understood what has happened ! but NO they just want to watch everyone suffer on their way back to lifting the SPL title in 4 years at a canter shouting 58 titles and still going strong.Yes they will include the 3rd 2nd and 1st to their title horde.

How did you communicate, did you give them biscuits if they answered?

How did you communicate, did you give them biscuits if they answered?

:lol: :lol: :lol: quality ^.

When you breach the subject of history and punishments together with most they lose the fucking plot :blink:.We are keeping our history but you can't punish a new club is the most common answer.When you try and help them make sense of what they think they go berserk :angry:.I directed a few to look at the new WIKI page for the newco gers :lol: they were not amused :lol: especially at the new Rangers page on WIKI with Rangers were a club in Scotland :lol:.

I can visualise it if they win the SPL again ..... THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA "the newco has won it's first ever SPL title" ....... THE ORC "55 titles GIRFUY WATP" :blink:

I would vote for that, divorce made in heaven ;)

Then we both wish we could wind the clock back a few years.....about 15 in my case might be enough to sort things.........maybe 17.............20....aye 20

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Saw a fan of the club formerly known as Rangers today in deepest County Durham today. I was watching Gateshead playing away at Spennymoor Town, who are the current Northern League Champions. Not sure if the fan of the dead club was just lost or whether he thought he needed to take in a decent quality football match before the season starts and he has to watch the newco instead.

Then we both wish we could wind the clock back a few years.....about 15 in my case might be enough to sort things.........maybe 17.............20....aye 20

Not really, I was thinking that if the SPL do the wrong thing on Monday we could take Caledonian to the HFL then our fans could have a choice sell out and go to Thistle or do the Right thing with Caley. Everyone's happy.

Not really, I was thinking that if the SPL do the wrong thing on Monday we could take Caledonian to the HFL then our fans could have a choice sell out and go to Thistle or do the Right thing with Caley. Everyone's happy.

I'm drunk, you've lost me a wee bit. Do you mean start a new team in The HFL?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

I'm drunk, you've lost me a wee bit. Do you mean start anew team in The HFL?

If the SPL sell their souls and invite Sevco to join then I would be happy for Thistle and Caledonian to devolve their merger, Thistle could keep the SPL slot and Caledonian could go to the HFL, our fans could then choose who to follow and no-one needs to give up following football.

40 Part Time Clubs in Scottish Football and we'll aw live happily ever after.

No need for Scumtic or Newcunto.

No need for any TV deal.

As soon as possible please.

Add HFL + EoS + Juniors and I think there's about 250 part time teams to choose from - fill yer boots

Saw a fan of the club formerly known as Rangers today in deepest County Durham today. I was watching Gateshead playing away at Spennymoor Town, who are the current Northern League Champions. Not sure if the fan of the dead club was just lost or whether he thought he needed to take in a decent quality football match before the season starts and he has to watch the newco instead.

The black death got around a fair bit as well, you know.

If the SPL sell their souls and invite Sevco to join then I would be happy for Thistle and Caledonian to devolve their merger, Thistle could keep the SPL slot and Caledonian could go to the HFL, our fans could then choose who to follow and no-one needs to give up following football.

Got you! Where would you play......with Clach or the mad ground the juniors use....hypothetical of course?

:lol: :lol: :lol: quality ^.

When you breach the subject of history and punishments together with most they lose the fucking plot :blink:.We are keeping our history but you can't punish a new club is the most common answer.When you try and help them make sense of what they think they go berserk :angry:.I directed a few to look at the new WIKI page for the newco gers :lol: they were not amused :lol: especially at the new Rangers page on WIKI with Rangers were a club in Scotland :lol:.

I can visualise it if they win the SPL again ..... THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA "the newco has won it's first ever SPL title" ....... THE ORC "55 titles GIRFUY WATP" :blink:

You broach a subject. You raise it for discussion. You don't breach a subject - but you're a Celtic supporter so you think you know it all.dry.gif