Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Who will take this to a court of law? Duff and Phelps have washed their hands of it so Original Rangers will not pursue it and if Charles Green lays claim to those titles in civil court he provides a solid legal link between oldco and newco thus taking on liability for oldco's debts. Charles Green can posture all he likes but he cannot turn to the courts for fear of Sevco becoming Rangers in a legal sense.

Best get on to CAB pronto mate, thye'll know how to deal with the scoundrel :angry:

Celtic confirmed that it established one EBT scheme in April 2005, which BBC Scotland understands was for the benefit of the Brazilian midfielder Juninho Paulista. The scheme was worth £765,000 but the club did not declare the trust payment to the Scottish Football Association or the Scottish Premier League.

The payments made to the trust were declared in Celtic's annual report for 2004/2005, but in 2008 the club became aware of an event giving rise to a potential tax liability which was subsequently paid after agreement with HMRC.

Wait a minute, does that mean Hibs won the league in 2004/2005? My mate Gary the hibbee will be most pleased!

Unfortunately for 'Gary', the answer is no. The reason being this:

"When he was given the chance to start Juninho struggled to find any form but in fairness the sustained run in the side he needed was never given. By January it was clear that the Brazilian would not settle for life on the bench and he eventually was released from his contract on the April 5th of 2005 after just 14 starts and only seven months after arriving at Parkhead."

The EBT payment to Junhinho Paulista was a 'settlement payment' payed to him 'after leaving' the club due to Celtic wanting to let him go. The EBT payment to Juninho Paulista was not subject to 'any' part of Juninho's contract while actually playing for Celtic.

This whole enquiry has been set up in such a way that it could only have 1 final outcome. All the posturing by both sides is just that..Keep their supporters happy but it will be decided in court and that was always going to be the likely outcome.

Most Rangers supporters i know still question Charles Green and his motives but i find it strange and not a little worrying that Scottish football supporters have just sat back and watched as this witch hunt has unfolded and never once questioned the motives behind it. I am sick of reading about '£130 million debt'...'You cheated for decades'....'Your players had dual contracts'...and much more brought up time and again despite there being absolutely no basis in fact at this moment of any of that.

Personally i just want it all to end and i am sure most football supporters feel the same. I had hoped at the loss of the entire playing squad for next to nothing. Starting again at the bottom tier. Not allowed in European competition for 3 or 4 years. Given a 12 month transfer embargo and given record fines would have been enough for most people but it seems there are still those out there who don't think as a club we have suffered enough. There are people who simply want the club destroyed...Completely killed off. Is that justice? Does that punishment fit the crime?

Just list all those PUNISHMENTS again, will you?

Shouldn't take long, the list of actual punishments even falls into Tedi's limited attention span with space for a deflective tweet or two...

Pish, if a club goes into Admin, they get a penalty. Where does it state that a club gets a penalty if a holding company goes into Admin?

Should be irrelevant though as they traded for at least 3 months whilst insolvent dry.gif

Did the club get a 10 point penalty for going into administration under the old company last season,yes. Were the assets purchased by the new company in order for the club to compete this season,yes again. So why would the club get another 10 point penalty when they have nothing to do with the old company anymore.

It's a new holding company. In fact, any time someone calls us Sevco 5088 it simply shows their ignorance.

I hate to even bother with this but for every 'it's a new club because...' there's a 'it's the old club'.

Why is this new club being punished for the actions of another? - because you want to pretend you're the old club where it suits . titles, and not when it doesn't - debt

Why was the SFA license passed over? - because they were desperate to milk the unthinking cash cow that you lot have proved yourselves to be

Why does every governing footballing body consider them the same club, surely the PnB hatemongers know more than them? - See second answer

If this is a new club, why do you care about us at all? - See first answer

Why do they play in the same stadium? - because Green's consortium bought it

Under the same name? because Green's consortium bought it

With the same manager? because he transferred through TUPE, nae cnut else would employ him

The same trophy cabinet (not for long, hawhaw)? - As Hibbeejibbe pointed out, these replicas would form part of the asset sale

Same staff? TUPE

Same fans? Unthinking cash cow

Same badge? Same colours? Green bought 'em

Why were we allowed in the SFL at all? New clubs aren't allowed to do that. - Cash cow.

Shit, I'm sure we could all come up with a million reasons for and against. All I know is when I watch Rangers play I feel exactly the same as I always have... It doesn't even cross my mind that it's a new club. Call me deluded if you like, but the only, and i think I mean this quite literally... The only people who consider Rangers to be a brand new club are fans of other Scottish teams who dislike Rangers. Every other football fan in the world knows it's the same club - I'm sure most football fans outside of Scotland never gave it a second thought.

, Rangers fans know it and the heads of the game, and most actually involved with it in any way, know it.

You're all just raging 'cauae we commited financial murder and done an OJ. Rightly so, but no amount of determination will ever make Sevco 5088 an apt name (look into it) or the rest of the world agree it's a new club.

Get it up yez, frankly. - and with the final line you ruined the sympathy I had for you with the passion of the last couple of paragraphs. Typical.

Who will take this to a court of law? Duff and Phelps have washed their hands of it so Original Rangers will not pursue it and if Charles Green lays claim to those titles in civil court he provides a solid legal link between oldco and newco thus taking on liability for oldco's debts. Charles Green can posture all he likes but he cannot turn to the courts for fear of Sevco becoming Rangers in a legal sense.

Pretty much what i said earlier in my reply to 'CityDave'.

Probably up already but this is the STV article which came out over an hour ago

STV 10 September 2012 17:26 BST

Charles Green: Rangers chief executive released statement on Monday.SNS Group

Rangers stated that they are refusing to take part in the Scottish Premier League's investigation into the club's use of offshore employee benefit trusts (EBTs) to pay players.

I'm not surprised at that at all.

If any members of the Green Consortium, including McCoist if he really does have a 4.5% stake in the club, involve themselves in 'any' of the ongoing investigations that apply to the financial affairs of the 'old' club - the 'new' club will then rightfully be held accountable for 'all' of the 'old' club's debts. The Green Consortium (all stake-holders) will be in serious trouble if any of them "take part" in 'any' of the numerous investigations that are ongoing into the financial affairs of the 'old' club.

Only the most foolish of fools involved with the 'new' club would position himself in a court of law on this issue concerned with the 'old' club. wink.gif ...But, let's hope at least one of them are dumb enough to do it...it would be fun to watch the outcome of them being so foolish!

Ask the SFA Norman, they've been informed .... http://www.dailymail...membership.html

Also the BBC revealed them a couple of weeks ago :blink:

Would that be the SFA where Campbell "95k EBT" Ogilvie still holds high office?

And if these backers are so well-known, just remind me who they are again? Go on, indulge me, seeing as you haven't got a link to the BBC...

Straws. Clutched. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Based on what gut feelings?

Shite you have read from other P&B haters?

Nah this will hit you hard, when you realise that you are pinning all your hope on some kangaroo court, with evidence gathered by Celtic backed lawyers underpinned by an incompetent SPL who are in the pocket of Peter L

IT wont stand up to scrutiny in the real world and will be exposed for what it is

You're the expert,

You're the man,

But answer me this if you can......

Those stars Tedi?

Unfortunately for 'Gary', the answer is no. The reason being this:

"When he was given the chance to start Juninho struggled to find any form but in fairness the sustained run in the side he needed was never given. By January it was clear that the Brazilian would not settle for life on the bench and he eventually was released from his contract on the April 5th of 2005 after just 14 starts and only seven months after arriving at Parkhead."

The EBT payment to Junhinho Paulista was a 'settlement payment' payed to him 'after leaving' the club due to Celtic wanting to let him go. The EBT payment to Juninho Paulista was not subject to 'any' part of Juninho's contract while actually playing for Celtic.

Aw poor Gary, ach well he'll always hve his memories of the 2012 cup fina....oh.

Would that be the SFA where Campbell "95k EBT" Ogilvie still holds high office?

And if these backers are so well-known, just remind me who they are again? Go on, indulge me, seeing as you haven't got a link to the BBC...

Straws. Clutched. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

You asked a question Norman and you got an answer, if you don't like it then remember the advice i gave you the other night ;)

Just amusment dhenster and that yahoo is still on ignore, no reason to take him off

More amusement to come, gonna be lots of fun on P&B over the next few months

Tedi, you click the read post button on every ignored post don't you? And you are just clenched up hard with seethe because you can't reply to it until someone quotes.

Well hasn't this thread burst back into life again :lol:

As I forecast a couple of days ago 8)

Jeekers, the whole gamut of Sevco bhoys are out tonight in full deflection/denial mode.

They know the bell tolls, and it tolls for them :)

Tedi, you click the read post button on every ignored post don't you? And you are just clenched up hard with seethe because you can't reply to it until someone quotes.

He quoted him directly, don't think that means he is on 'ignore' :unsure: