Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

To be honest, I don't think its fair when when people think being an ex Rangers player somehow means they will not give 100% when they come face to face as opposition, these guys are are professionals, and it would do nothing for their reputation if they somehow colluded to gift Rangers a result, any ICT fans who thought this before the game must now be feeling a bit daft for thinking it

As a Rangers fan I would have no respect for any ex player who lay down for us and my respect for Butcher just went up a notch, his comments after the game are a lesson in "winning with dignity" that many an old firm manager could take lessons from, I believe he still does "have love for Rangers" but he certainly loves ICT more, his results against both half's of the old firm over the years shows that he has never feared either of them

Two words, Stuart McCall.

Well, it's over. It didn't go out with the bang I expected.

Rangers will continue on as a new company, when it is eventually said. Everyone will mock them for a bit and it will crop again in football chants.

BUT THAT IS IT! I am beginning to think Rangers will never go away, eventually climb up to the SPL and the Old Firm will continue to destroy Scottish football.

Anyone else who thinks otherwise at this point is just fooling themselves.

This 4,000 odd page forum will eventually close with comments such as -

"You've no history", argued with "aye, but we'll be coming back and get past 54 titles this time, just you watch".

I will be very, very happy to be proven wrong, but honestly, it's never going to happen.

You are 100% correct on that. Shame that others' can't see that this will be the outcome.

You are 100% correct on that. Shame that others' can't see that this will be the outcome.

It might be the outcome.... but it wasn't so long ago that I thought the outcome would be some rich consortium stepping in and sorting it - didn't happen. Then I thought they were guaranteed to be kept in the SPL by hook or by crook - didn't happen. CVA? Didn't happen. Shoe-horned into Division 1? Didn't happen. All the big stars kept on? Didn't happen.

Could go on, and on... and there's still a lot to be revealed, and of course, there's the day that Charlie Chuckles finally says to himself 'Fcuk this for a game of soldiers, I'm out of this shithole...' Which won't be long.

I am beginning to see that many people on this thread now just want to call each other names and use it as getting one over Sevco/Rangers.

Myself, I am more upset about the millions upon millions of pounds that tax payers have had to shed over for the club. I bet you if it was bank that had stole £94 million pounds, everyone would be up in arms about it. But because of the media not treating this like the story it is, if it was a normal company, but because it's a football club, it's not been given the correct attention.

Think of how much of that money could have gone on the health service to save people's lives, or funded the police forces to make this country a safer place.

Scottish football is being ruined at an even further accelerated pace since the SPL was introduced now. I just want everyone to realise that and for someone to take a stand somewhere and tell Joe Public who isn't a football fan - YOU HAVE AND EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN SCOTLAND HAVE BEEN FLEECED OUT OF £20 BY A FOOTBALL CLUB!

It might be the outcome.... but it wasn't so long ago that I thought the outcome would be some rich consortium stepping in and sorting it - didn't happen. Then I thought they were guaranteed to be kept in the SPL by hook or by crook - didn't happen. CVA? Didn't happen. Shoe-horned into Division 1? Didn't happen. All the big stars kept on? Didn't happen.

Could go on, and on... and there's still a lot to be revealed, and of course, there's the day that Charlie Chuckles finally says to himself 'Fcuk this for a game of soldiers, I'm out of this shithole...' Which won't be long.

It will be the outcome, and you are quite frankly deluded if you think otherwise.

Rangers will never die completely.

I wish they would. The amount of glory hunters in Perth is ridiculous. Perhaps some of them would support St Johnstone instead of Rangers and go to our games instead to get some money in the club. People could go on and on about how poor our PR is, but people don't support their local team simply because it's the easy way out and they like to see teams win week in, week out.

It will be the outcome, and you are quite frankly deluded if you think otherwise.

Rangers will never die completely.

I wish they would. The amount of glory hunters in Perth is ridiculous. Perhaps some of them would support St Johnstone instead of Rangers and go to our games instead to get some money in the club. People could go on and on about how poor our PR is, but people don't support their local team simply because it's the easy way out and they like to see teams win week in, week out.

Deluded? For questioning the fact that while 'Rangers' may indeed rise back to be a big club again in the SPL and no-one notices the difference, I think that it might not actually be so easy, or so clear-cut as that?

All I'm saying is that it no longer looks as easy or certain as I (and many others back around Feb 14) once thought it was going to be. I thought shedding their debts and popping up as if it was all a Bobby Ewing bad shower dream is definitely the way it would go. Events since Feb 14 have clouded the waters greatly.

It's been no certainty for Portsmouth, or Leeds either. Time will tell, but the way things have panned out so far - it could be a long road ahead for the tribute act playing out of Ibrox. I don't think it's deluded to think it is a rocky road they are on.

Edited by pozbaird

Just watching BBC News, a company that changed hands for £2 early this year is heading into Admin;

No not new them but Comet.

And when something like this happens the talk is of the business disappearing and a genuine danger to 6K jobs.

Must be different in the real world rather than the twisted world of Rangers/Haudit & Daudit/Sevco.

Comet employees should get on the phone to Willie Puller Jardine to lead a march to save their jobs.

Apologies pozbaird, as I might have taken some of my rage out on you, but I read today that Comet are about to go bust

Comet to go into administration

Why don't they just keep all their TVs and stores and just change the name to "Comet 2" and have everything moved over to the name "Comet 2" for a small charge? It's what Rangers have done!

What annoys me the most is that the common tax payer is taking the full brunt of the cost for this. Why should I have to fork out to bail a football club out?

I hate David Cameron as much - probably more - than the last person, but he gets stick in the papers every week about there not being enough money in the pot to pay for the NHS, police, schools, teachers etc. The reason there isn't enough money in the pot is because people like Jimmy Carr and companies like Rangers and Starbucks don't pay their taxes properly. There needs to be a serious clamp down here if we are to EVER get out of the recession. These people and businesses need to be made an example of and we should start with Rangers.

Just watching BBC News, a company that changed hands for £2 early this year is heading into Admin;

No not new them but Comet.

And when something like this happens the talk is of the business disappearing and a genuine danger to 6K jobs.

Must be different in the real world rather than the twisted world of Rangers/Haudit & Daudit/Sevco.

Comet employees should get on the phone to Willie Puller Jardine to lead a march to save their jobs.

Aye people losing their jobs is ok for a bit of point scoring.

Mon the vics ya dick.

Edited by bennett

The reason there isn't enough money in the pot is because people like Jimmy Carr and companies like Rangers and Starbucks don't pay their taxes properly. There needs to be a serious clamp down here if we are to EVER get out of the recession. These people and businesses need to be made an example of and we should start with Rangers.

It's called Capitalism buddy, and this country whored itself out long ago. Things will not change when companies are more powerful than government. Chin up old chap!

It's called Capitalism buddy, and this country whored itself out long ago. Things will not change when companies are more powerful than government. Chin up old chap!

What's the point in even watching football then when it's as corrupt as the government?

Maybe it's because the love of our local team is greater than that. Not that any of the fans who didn't do walking away would understand that...

Myself, I am more upset about the millions upon millions of pounds that tax payers have had to shed over for the club. I bet you if it was bank that had stole £94 million pounds, everyone would be up in arms about it. But because of the media not treating this like the story it is, if it was a normal company, but because it's a football club, it's not been given the correct attention.

Think of how much of that money could have gone on the health service to save people's lives, or funded the police forces to make this country a safer place.

You have to be taking the piss. laugh.gif

There's been no story that's taken up more paper/radio/tv in Scotland in my life other than wars.

Vodafone and the £6 billions they didn't cough up didn't attract anywhere near the attention The Rangers story has and those sums dwarf the liability we might have. I say might, of course, because we still don't know what the final outcome is as yet.