Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

... talented youngsters who will be the future of our club, we'll only need to spend money in the first division to get us ready for our title challenge.

Yes, precedent certainly teaches us that it costs around £20m in addition to 40,000+ crowds to win that 1st division title.

we'll only need to spend money in the first division to get us ready for our title challenge.

Well if spending £7,000,000 in wages in the 3rd division isn't your real spend, can't wait to see you spending 20 or 30 million in wages I'm the 1st, it'll be money well spent, oh but wait chuckie says only 33% of revenue can be spent on wages, so either there's a f#ck off Sky deal coming or you's boys are gonna be paying through the nose for your seats

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-in-crisis-charles-green-insists-1128972

He also said 19 players have been identified with five of them currently at Euro 2012 and has pledged to add to a budget of £1.5m agreed between McCoist and administrators Duff and Phelps for next season.

Good luck in the 1st division whistling.gif

1677304_full-prt.jpg

The last 2 clubs who grossly out spent the opposition in the SFL were Gretna & Livingstone, 1 was liquidated and the other was placed in administration twice, I see history repeating as there is no way spending the likes Rangers are currently is value added at that level from a business point of view

Anyways, Anyone know who is on the consortium that took over Sevco? huh.gif

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9262683/Rangers-accept-takeover-offer-made-by-consortium-led-by-Charles-Green-administrators-confirm.html

] It did emerge that the consortium would put £8.5 million into the creditors’ pot and that - in pursuit of a Company Voluntary Arrangement, there will be a meeting of creditors on June 6.[/font]

One would hope that Green’s grasp of economics is better than he demonstrated when he said he had acquired Craig Whyte’s controlling shareholding for £1 – the sum Whyte notionally paid to Sir David Murray to effect his takeover just over a year ago

I’m just here to stabilise the club. It was clear to me that the only route would be to acquire Craig Whyte’s shares because the only other route was the unpalatable one - the Bill Miller option (of reconstructing Rangers as a newco)”
"If the creditors do not approve the Company Voluntary Arrangement, the agreement obliges Charles Green's purchasing vehicle to acquire the business and assets of the club on agreed terms, through a newco structure. It is Mr Green's strong preference to achieve a CVA."

Asked how the consortium would expand Rangers’ revenue, Green offered a vision that will seem amorphous until someone drapes it with credible numbers. “Football is an international product and the people who are supporting the turnaround of Glasgow Rangers are in the Middle East and Far East where this club is a brand name that can be expanded.”

The last 2 clubs who grossly out spent the opposition in the SFL were Gretna & Livingstone, 1 was liquidated and the other was placed in administration twice, I see history repeating as there is no way spending the likes Rangers are currently is value added at that level from a business point of view

St. Mirren spent £900k on wages to win the First Division in 05/06.

Kirk Broadfoot in defence, Charlie Adam in midfield and John Sutton up front. 8)

You think without Murray Rangers would have had anything remotely close to the success it did?

Of course not.

If it wasn't for Murray rangers would have been an average middle of the table team. That still had "the policy" in place

Rangers won the league with Souness, Woods, Butcher, Roberts, et al before Murray bought (the now defunct) Rangers.

St. Mirren spent £900k on wages to win the First Division in 05/06.

Kirk Broadfoot in defence, Charlie Adam in midfield and John Sutton up front. 8)

Which was still way lower than Gretna & Livi but you's still out spent us in 2001-2002 to no avail :-)

Rangers won the league with Souness, Woods, Butcher, Roberts, et al before Murray bought (the now defunct) Rangers.

When all these players were looking to play European football as the English clubs were banned but Lawrence Marlborough was still putting the club in debt

Yes, precedent certainly teaches us that it costs around £20m in addition to 40,000+ crowds to win that 1st division title.

Not for the first division, we've got a team capable of winning it with ease. I'm talking about building for when we get to the SPL as I expect us to be going for the title.

Not for the first division, we've got a team capable of winning it with ease. I'm talking about building for when we get to the SPL as I expect us to be going for the title.

Aye that's why Sally has been mentioning getting out of contract players in next September and they won't come cheap as they'll be looking to be compensated to play at a lower level, but what a battler our Ally is with such a tight budget in such a top European league, just as well for his legendary tactical brain

If that's a genuine rangers supporter then I truly despair.

Still think it's a wind up fae a hoop

Aye that's why Sally has been mentioning getting out of contract players in next September and they won't come cheap as they'll be looking to be compensated to play at a lower level, but what a battler our Ally is with such a tight budget in such a top European league, just as well for his legendary tactical brain

We're quite short on squad numbers though and have been picking up a lot of injuries so we need extra cover.

If that's a genuine rangers supporter then I truly despair.

Still think it's a wind up fae a hoop

Don't be stupid.

What's so wrong about what I said? We'll need to buy players when we're in the 1st division for when we go back to the SPL or whatever the top league will be called then, we'll not challenge in the SPL with the team that we've got.

Where's the fun in that? We need investment to be able to hold our own in Europe when we get back, it won't cost a lot though as we have talented youngsters who will be the future of our club, we'll only need to spend money in the first division to get us ready for our title challenge.

Classic stuff laugh.gif

Gotta be an alt.