Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Guest Kincardine

But your club is dead, so i'll ask again, Why are sevco fans so happy about this?.

Oh I do apologise. I thought I was exchanging views with a sensible person.

I won't make that mistake again.

But your club is dead, so i'll ask again, Why are sevco fans so happy about this?.

Let me explain it this way;we are all Rangers fans,the club that was founded in 1872 and is still ongoing as the one club and as such we have just seen our football club vindicated over a very important issue. Whether you or anybody disagrees about that is neither here nor there. Edit too add,your opinion does not matter.

Edited by youngsy

T H E T R U T H

Because they still have a club to support and this one is a debt-free club, it will be a maximum of 3 years to wait until they are watching the second best team in Scotland again. If i was one of them i would be very happy today too. wink.gif

Yer seething, keep on clutching at straws :lol: :lol:

No straws here sunbeam..Just stating facts. :D GIRUY !!

Oh I do apologise. I thought I was exchanging views with a sensible person.

I won't make that mistake again.

Really ? I thought i was asking a question & was hoping for a sensible answer. :D

I wont make that mistake again. :lol:

Let me explain it this way;we are all Rangers fans,the club that was founded in 1872 and is still ongoing as the one club and as such we have just seen our football club vindicated over a very important issue. Whether you or anybody disagrees about that is neither here nor there. Edit too add,your opinion does not matter.

Wrong. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But you know that.

This is the only sad thing from todays news

NO BTC then NO CW buying Rangers for a £1

No CW buying Rangers for a £1 = No creditors getting ripped off from the crook CW

The old company would have survived, if I was a dwell in the past type guy I would say "f**k it, this should never have happened, we did not cheat and yet this Tax case was allowed to hang over our club and effectively stop any chance of a suitable buyer coming along to purchase the company, someone should pay"

But I am not, so I say lets move on, enjoy our victory today and least we will be able to hold our heads up in the years to come and say one man was guilty of ripping off the tax man and these creditors but not Rangers football club

So, rangers = Timothy Evans.

MBB = John Christie.

Have I got that right?

For this reason.

In the first page of the thread:

http://www.pieandbov...ost__p__5966203

For those who don't want to click let me quote:

If Rangers FC are liable for a tax bill in excess of £50M with penalties that could add a further £20M+, shouldn't they be liable to pay the full amount or suffer the consequences that any other business in similar circumstances would? This is public money after all. I sincerely hope you are not advocating or supporting any arrangement whereby the tax payers of this country are likely to be short-changed due to the financial impropriety of a football club. If you consider Rangers to be a special or exceptional case, I would appreciate an explanation as to why this might be a reasonable position.

He is only one of very many people who e-mailed or wrote to or contacted anyone who wanted to hear regarding The Big Tax case.

The truth as emerged today is that we didn't have a case to answer.

THIS is why

Yes yes, we've done plenty wrong - but we're not the Harold Shipman of Scottish football. Maybe the Johnny Rotten?

Nah, not Johnny Rotten. He's still alive (trading under a different name - can see where you could get confusedwink.gif) - Sid Vicious maybe.

Guest Kincardine

Show me one poster on here who hasn't posted shite over the last few months - your good (or is that Goud) self included?wink.gif

I reckon the only improvement on Dr Poon is the fact that her forename is "Heidi". All sorts of Alpine/Thai knocking shop gags there, methinks.

Yes of course I have posted shite. I do so on a regular basis.

However, I tend to post shite on lots of threads.

What's true is that too much shite has been posted about us. More than is justified.

Sure we have had our short comings.

Hey let me give a challenge.

Lots of Bears on here have been honest and admitted our guilt. Many of us have said we were mismanaged and that we overspent on players. I'd have said that a fair-few P&B Bears have been pretty humble and have kept posting through the flack.

The challenge is this:

If you totally misjudged the outcome of the Big Tax Case and miscalled Rangers for owing in excess of £100M then come and apologise. If you made any comment about new hospitals and schools then come and apologise. If you are one of the people (and they do exist) who said that Rangers were responsible for deaths because of The BTC then come and apologise.

Let's have our own, "Truth and Reconciliation Commission"

Edited by Kincardine

Yes of course I have posted shite. I do so on a regular basis.

However, I tend to post shite on lots of threads.

What's true is that too much shite has been posted about us. More than is justified.

Sure we have had our short comings.

Hey let me give a challenge.

Lots of Bears on here have been honest and admitted our guilt. Many of us have said we were mismanaged and that we overspent on players. I'd have said that a fair-few P&B Bears have been pretty humble and have kept posting through the flack.

The challenge is this:

If you totally misjudged the outcome of the Big Tax Case and miscalled Rangers for owing in excess of £100M then come and apologise. If you made any comment about new hospitals and schools then come and apologise. If you are one of the people (and they do exist) who said that Rangers were responsible for deaths because of The BTC then come and apologise.

Well said.

But is there evidence for title stripping?

The Tribunal found that the players received loans that were recoverable and, therefore, not subject to tax. Any side letters must, therefore, be connected to the receipt of those loans. As the loans are recoverable they cannot be a payment. So, is the fact that the club agreed to make recoverable loans to players sufficient grounds for title stripping? Furthermore, the fact that the EBTs were legal means that no advantage was gained by Rangers in that any other club could also have used the scheme.

Rangers Tax Result Para 161 p38:<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px;"><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px;">Side-letters, of course, had not been registered with the football authorities, the SFA and SPL. The spirit of their rules was that the whole contract terms should be registered. Suspiciously, no evidence was led as to who decided that the benefits in terms of the side-letters should not be registered. Non-registration of side-letters was incompatible with both authorities’ policing and disciplinary powers. For example any fines imposed on players would customarily reflect the disclosed wage. Non- disclosure would thwart the authorities’ powers.

Looks like the side letters should have been registered with the SFA and SPL