Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So for whos' benefit are they raising the Protective Award action for? They can't bring an action without informing the members involved in the action. Who are they representing then? If not players,not one btw have endorsed this action,then who. After all they are prepared to drop this if the SFA breach of contract proceedings are dropped.

I can only hazard a guess but they are probably raising this on behalf of any future player who might fall under this type of thing in the future - they will probably want to set legal precedent that when a club is liquidated then that is it, finito, caput, and there is no obligation on any player to TUPE over to a brand new club purely on the basis that they play in the same colour strip at the stadium vacated by the dead club just because the fly by night chancer who has set up the new club says so. I might even hazard a guess that they want it done quickly given the perilous state of Hearts and Dundermline for example

Tedi will tear you a new one when he reads the stuff in bold!

With regards to the players and their attitude, you could say, if anyone should be believed it would be them.... they were right in the middle of it, facing the uncertainty every day, experiencing first hand what was going on instead of relying on propoganda fed by the press... they must have asked around the club about if this was a continuation or not... the fact they believe it not to be.... i'd be more liable to believe them, than believe rangers fans who have been force fed continuity by the press.

look back at the stories at the time when they left.... look at the build up and the amount of stories in the press that said the club was dead.... look at the fans banners that said no to liquidation as it would mean the death of the club....

the belief then was the club has dead...

what i would like to know is.... who was the first person to start the ball rolling on continuity.... because everyone from green, the fans, the press all said the club was dead. EVERYONE!

all of a sudden, round about July the story started appearing everywhere that they were the same club. Now in no way am i suggesting that the new club thing had to be nipped in the bud, otherwise season ticket sales might not have been so strong.... by the way is it a coincidence that when the press started pushing continuity and the talk of dead clubs was halted that a new batch of rangers fans profiles were created on here?

i just find it strange that of all the fans who were vocal about saying no to liquidation, the club was too big to die.... none of them are to be found, anywhere in the western world! :lol:

I can refer to other clubs throughout Europe that have went through the exact same process as the PLC but have club contiunity recognised by UEFA and their relevant FA but tbh we've been over this so many times. However where Naismith and others are concerned i would think that they have listened to advice from their agents,not to say it was the correct advice,and then refused to transfer from oldco to newco under TUPE which was their right in my understanding of it and subsequently moved on.

or go on scotland tonight for 20 minutes.it all boils down to shoite at the end of the day.

nice of charles to say that 9 million is nothing compared with what needs to be done to bring ibrox

upto standard.five star my arse going by that statement last night.wheres the money for improvements coming from.

shares?

Does Bhairn have two accounts on here?

I can only hazard a guess but they are probably raising this on behalf of any future player who might fall under this type of thing in the future - they will probably want to set legal precedent that when a club is liquidated then that is it, finito, caput, and there is no obligation on any player to TUPE over to a brand new club purely on the basis that they play in the same colour strip at the stadium vacated by the dead club just because the fly by night chancer who has set up the new club says so. I might even hazard a guess that they want it done quickly given the perilous state of Hearts and Dundermline for example

So why would they state they would drop their legal claim against Rangers then if the SFA breach of contract proceedings are halted? If the SPFA want to set a precedent then surely they wouldn't try and use this claim as a bargaining tool.

So why would they state they would drop their legal claim against Rangers then if the SFA breach of contract proceedings are halted? If the SPFA want to set a precedent then surely they wouldn't try and use this claim as a bargaining tool.

That would seem strange, as I said I was only guessing, probably why I'm not a union rep

Would love to hear it if he did.

This guy fascinates me, it would be great to put a voice to the written verse.

I equate him to the great poets, Keats, Byron, guys like that.... only sitting in his cold dark flat in a pair of pish stained skid marked Y's, supping on a litre bottle of High Commisioner.

I haven't condemned them in any way,what i have stated that irrespective of their views on the club continuity they had an opportunity to give something back to the club,whether they view things differently or not,they proclaimed themselves Rangers supporters so in that respect surely they must have felt a loyalty to the support and the ongoing welfare of the club.

As far as i'm concerned they have been given poor advice,no doubt from their agent,about the status of the club,because whatever the argument there has been no definitive decision of continuity of the club from a legal aspect,whereas there seems to have been from the SFA and SFL after transference of membership. Very significant that the only Rangers fans,Naismith,McGregor, that viewed the club differently from the every other Rangers fan,including players and former players,are those that gained financially from this.

This entire post assumes and accepts the (heavily revised) chuckie cheese theory of continuation after liquidation. The players you speak of (along with everyone outside the new club and the MSM) dont subscribe to that. They believe the club died and therefore owed no loyalty to a brand new team club and company.

But they are not employed by the club Youngsy; the company employed them. The club and company are separate when suits your argument and combined when not. Please make your mind up which you prefer and let us know ....

:lol::lol::lol:

ETA: I see you clarified your position in a later post to state that the players are 100% legally correct and Green is talking out of ass yet again.

Of course they were correct under TUPE in not transferring over from old company to new company,that is their right. Doesn't make their opinion on the status of club continuation correct though.

Edited by youngsy

Of course they were correct under TUPE in not transferring over from old company to new company,that is their right. Doesn't make their opinion on the status of club continuation correct though.

Well their opinion at the time of not TUPEing over to the new company was the same as Walter Smith, The Blue Knights and Charles Green that by refusing the CVA that the OldCo/Club had died and all the history was lost [ go look back at any press statements or interviews from that time].

Every one suggested that the CLUB had died.

Only the desperate fans and Chuckie are persisting with the continuance crap.

:lol:

Edited by edi1011