Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This is my favourite.;)

AlBear85

• Uber Super Duper Fan
  • photo-thumb-65216.jpg?_r=1352667896
  • True Blue
  • star2.gif
  • 2,837 posts

Posted Today, 07:48 AM

The Dude, on 26 December 2012 - 03:03 AM, said:

Surely that can't be proven until other teams face the same scenario we did.

Could we overcome a.number if players dying ala Munich or worse torino?

We have suffered tragic loss of life in our history. We have also had to rebuild nearly our entire first team squad.

This thread is all conjecture really. What has happened to us is unique, unprecedented and would be catastrophic to most, if not all, other clubs. If you think there is a bigger sporting institution than Rangers FC that's your opinion. I don't share that thought though. My opinion is so strong that we are that I said it was a fact. Because to me it is. Take man u, real madrid, bayern munich etc remove all their star players, place illegal sanctions on their club, banish them down 3 divisions and then we'll see how great these sporting institutions are. Do I believe they would show the resilience, strength and defiance our club has shown? No.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:03 PMPutting my objective hat on, we qualify on at least three counts as the greatest football club ever..

1) Our tally of trophies

2) Our history and traditions. (Our history, 140 years, every decade has been played at the highest levels possible, we were and have been founders, innovators and champions consistently for well over a century, we helped spread the game throughout the world) Few teams can aspire to our history and traditions.

3) The most popular team ever. (this is one I would love to have conclusive proof on. I believe the combined number of people who have attended Rangers home games(and possibly all games) is probably the highest in the world. Needs a bit of work to prove, but certainly the highest in he UK, and over the 140 years, even the larger stadium European teams may not match us.)

1 ) none

2 ) none

3 ) wrong on so many levels

:rolleyes:

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:03 PMPutting my objective hat on, we qualify on at least three counts as the greatest football club ever..

1) Our tally of trophies

2) Our history and traditions. (Our history, 140 years, every decade has been played at the highest levels possible, we were and have been founders, innovators and champions consistently for well over a century, we helped spread the game throughout the world) Few teams can aspire to our history and traditions.

3) The most popular team ever. (this is one I would love to have conclusive proof on. I believe the combined number of people who have attended Rangers home games(and possibly all games) is probably the highest in the world. Needs a bit of work to prove, but certainly the highest in he UK, and over the 140 years, even the larger stadium European teams may not match us.)

1 ) none

2 ) none

3 ) wrong on so many levels

:rolleyes:

You really have to worry about the sanity of some of them - utterly delusional :rolleyes:

Tonights evening times "Review of the Year"

June 14th - "140 years of Rangers history ended in 9 minutes when the club was officially liquidated at ameeting of creditors"

I trust everything the Times has to say over that twat Traynor

Meanwhile, in the very real world.

Rangers (SLF Div.3) once again attract more through the gates than whole of the SPL card combined.

laugh.gif

Doncaster said: "Isn't it fucking great?"

That's a lot of weans going without over Christmas.

Fucking terrible but expected. :(

Guest Kincardine

That's a lot of weans going without over Christmas.

Fucking terrible but expected. :(

Another dreadful post. So guys going to football are depriving their weans?

Meanwhile, in the very real world.

Rangers (SLF Div.3) once again attract more through the gates than whole of the SPL card combined.

laugh.gif

Doncaster said: "Isn't it fucking great?"

Where once you could boast about having great teams, Winning against (or even Competing with - for that is no more) Celtic, cup wins, glorious european nights, UEFA cup finals, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Gattuso.....now it's how many people watched a game against Clyde in the bottom tier of Scottish football.

I'm sure your bursting with pride, honest.

Guest Kincardine

Where once you could boast about having great teams, Winning against (or even Competing with - for that is no more) Celtic, cup wins, glorious european nights, UEFA cup finals, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Gattuso.....now it's how many people watched a game against Clyde in the bottom tier of Scottish football.

We can do both. Today's attendance at Ibrox was magnificent and we can applaud both our history and the ongoing-support of our fans.

Oh and PLEASE let's not have another 'newco' comment from the terminally brain-dead.

I'm sure your bursting with pride, honest.

Whilst we will always celebrate our glorious history - the latest chapter is turning into a very fine addition to this richest of traditions. And that's the beauty of it all as our club continues to add lustre at every step.

As I'm sure you know - the wonderful turnout at Ibrox is simultaneously casting the land of milk and honey SPL in the very poorest of lights.

smile.gif

Tonights evening times "Review of the Year"

June 14th - "140 years of Rangers history ended in 9 minutes when the club was officially liquidated at ameeting of creditors"

I trust everything the Times has to say over that twat Traynor

So the Evening Times are voice of various football bodies are they. Personally i would rather take notice of those football authorities recognition as regards clubs than a newspaper. Each to their own i suppose. However as you shall see when we lift our next trophy that it is recorded with the relevant bodies as the 225th in the club history. And do you know what,you'll just have to get used to it that recognition is ongoing. Compliments of the season.

So the Evening Times are voice of various football bodies are they. Personally i would rather take notice of those football authorities recognition as regards clubs than a newspaper. Each to their own i suppose. However as you shall see when we lift our next trophy that it is recorded with the relevant bodies as the 225th in the club history. And do you know what,you'll just have to get used to it that recognition is ongoing. Compliments of the season.

bookmarked.you do realise you are not out the woods yet eh