Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Guest Kincardine

regardless of where you came from if you are a protestant ,by definition you are from catholic extraction, the protestant versions of christianity is an extraction of catholisismsmile.gif

Oh please. Why do you continue with this discredited pish? I made an effort to give you a reasoned reply so why can't you actually respond to what I said?

What I'd like to have seen, then, would have been the SFA taking leadership in organising both the SPL and the SFL to accept us back to SFL3 and to accept a common and agreed share of football broadcasting money that is equitably shared across all 4 divisions based on a formula that reflects both attendance and viewing figures.

This is the only bit I'd take issue with. It could well be argued that what was in place at the SPL was "a formula that reflects both attendance and viewing figures". This however accentuated difference, minimised competition, ignored the interdependency which enables the game to work and was essentially immoral.

FWIW, I too think the outcome has, thus far, been largely satisfactory. I'd have preferred if Rangers had been required to apply for admission to the SFL, but the outcome would presumably have been the same. I do wish however that the re-birth had seen someone else at the helm. Green is a terribly divisive figure and while he's pissing everyone else off, I do think there's a genuine danger he'll also be damaging for Rangers.

The bit about Rangers being too big to fail does indeed raise the hackles a bit. I actually see where you're coming from, but the need for Rangers to be treated as others would be, was a genuine and pressing concern. It's very easy to mock the notion of integrity and characterise it as hatred instead. For Rangers to have been ushered back to the top table without penalty however, would really have reeked, and harmed the game badly in the eyes of many.

There was no points deduction because the company running the club was not in administration.

Wasn't it? The company running the club at the end of the season was still in admin...... Which company was this? Sevco Scotland? Sevco 5088?

When Rangers went into Administration, they got a points deduction. That company was still in administration when the new season started dry.gif

Wasn't it? The company running the club at the end of the season was still in admin...... Which company was this? Sevco Scotland? Sevco 5088?

When Rangers went into Administration, they got a points deduction. That company was still in administration when the new season started dry.gif

But it wasn't running the club any more. The new company (newco) was. :)

Oh please. Why do you continue with this discredited pish? I made an effort to give you a reasoned reply so why can't you actually respond to what I said?

Ach leave it Kincardine.........he assumes you have no free thought and take your religion from your forefathers (milkman, postie, bus driver and taxi driver ;) )

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo

New clubs must be GRANTED SFA membership, this did not happen to Rangers, the membership was as you know TRANSFERRED

Why were Rangers not GRANTED an SFA membership?

:)

Because Rangers never had the criteria to be granted a membership and they still only have an associate membership not a full one

Guest Kincardine

The bit about Rangers being too big to fail does indeed raise the hackles a bit. I actually see where you're coming from, but the need for Rangers to be treated as others would be, was a genuine and pressing concern. It's very easy to mock the notion of integrity and characterise it as hatred instead.

I don't think we disagree on much but I can see why my phrase may rankle a little.

What really boils my piss is The SPL acting all innocent and as if nothing happened. Oh and The SFA doing their 3-monkeys act. A shower of ineffectual b*****ds.

I don't think we disagree on much but I can see why my phrase may rankle a little.

What really boils my piss is The SPL acting all innocent and as if nothing happened. Oh and The SFA doing their 3-monkeys act. A shower of ineffectual b*****ds.

I also think Longmuir has been lucky to emerge smelling of roses though. It's often overlooked that he was squarely behind the plot to pitch Rangers into SFL1.

Totally agree.

If the SFA had done their job effectively they would have refused The Rangers membership. :angry:

I also think Longmuir has been lucky to emerge smelling of roses though. It's often overlooked that he was squarely behind the plot to pitch Rangers into SFL1.

Oh. he hasn't :)

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo

New clubs must be GRANTED SFA membership, this did not happen to Rangers, the membership was as you know TRANSFERRED

Why were Rangers not GRANTED an SFA membership?

:)

Because the SFA can break their own rules and make up new ones on the spot.

As I've shown before.

How do you go about becoming a member of this club?

Do you know any members of the club?

25 years ago I was a member of a darts club. Not enough folk turned up and paid their subs so it folded................ 1 year later it relaunched, same pub, same league, some of the same players..

Wasn't the same club :)

Guest Kincardine

25 years ago I was a member of a darts club. Not enough folk turned up and paid their subs so it folded................ 1 year later it relaunched, same pub, same league, some of the same players..

Wasn't the same club :)

Tell that tale to Hibs fans.

New clubs have to apply for SFA membership, if succesful they are GRANTED membership.

Rangers are not a new club proved by the fact they did not have to apply for a membership, the membership was transferred, it is the same membership

The SFA also made up on the spot, the "temporary membership" to allow the Brechin game to be played. It didn't exist before then.

This proves that SFA rules are, at least, flexible.

Because Rangers never had the criteria to be granted a membership and they still only have an associate membership not a full one

"A statement later on Friday read: "The Scottish FA can confirm that The Rangers Football Club Ltd have today received confirmation that full membership of the association has been transferred."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/7960503/SFA-rubber-stamp-Gers-membership

Looks like a full membership to me.

Have a nice day.

Tell that tale to Hibs fans.

I've been through this with others.

I don't care.

If someone wants to tell me that my club began in 1913 (circa?) then I'm fine with that. I don't care if that means that we can't claim any honours before that. It's not something I ever talk about anyway and is pretty much irrelevant to me.