Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No behaviour of this kind would surprise me from religious types*, but I suspect that this claim might be made up and that any "evidence" to the contrary is a lot of ginned-up bollix being pushed by some fairly obvious fraudsters.

I've seen this claim made by various people on these threads - none of whom are what I'd think of as "reasonable people", BTW - and their attempts at providing reliable sources have been pretty comical, so far.

The fact that you are denying that Celtic's success is based on the exploitation of sectarianism shows what this country is up against.

Its ironic that fans of a club which regularly sings all about knowing their history can be so ignorant of the history of their own club.

Even more ironic as well when you remember John Reid's sectarian rallying call of intimidation against referees a couple of years ago "read your history books".

Well, some of us do read our history books and some of us knew fine well what Reid & co were up to a couple of years ago...

I have given sources for the sectarian origins of Celtic on many occasions. Have a read of Bill Murray's (not the commedian) "The Old Firm". It will give you everything you are looking for.

Brother Walfrid was worried about the dangers of young catholics meeting protestants in their place of employment or leisure during the years after leaving school

is one good quote from the Glasgow Observer 24 November 1900

Celtic & Rangers = two cheeks of the same arse

That's it in a nutshell, they want to keep the OF going, christ only knows why, but that's the bottom line to all this nonsense.

It's just sickening. :(

The main player in this was Celtic IMO.

I have attempted to make this point on the pro Celtic blog "The Scottish Football Monitor" a couple of times. My posts are always "moderated".

It amuses me that a blog set up to monitor corruption in Scottish football is just as corrupt.

I may have even answered your questions (had you put any to me directly) but instead you again reply with another total abortion of post, full of the usual anti Rangers hate and bile and blinding inaccuracies.

No your latest effort will classed in the same category as your first....utter bollox

;)

no, I did ask you a direct question.

Any ways it was YOU who offered the 'hurrah for sensible flexibilty' angle... I just offered an example of where circumstances meant the Rangers mass :o would argue otherwise on that very concept.

we could do this for another 20 pages and you will always avoid answering it.

My 23 posts per day are all about my club,

Celtic vow to identify fans for drunken behaviour at Boxing Day game against Dundee

28 Dec 2012 00:01

THE late kick-off of the Boxing Day match against Celtic and Dundee has been blamed for the abuse and disorder at Dens Park.

CELTIC chiefs yesterday apologised to Dundee FC for the drunken behaviour of some fans at the Boxing Day game at Dens Park.

Chief executive Peter Lawwell vowed to work with the Tayside club to identify any supporters involved in the disorder.

It followed angry comments from Dundee's operations chief, who described the scenes as the worst he had seen "in 20 years" and a "throwback to the 70s".

Parkhead bosses said yesterday they had been contacted by their own supporters to complain about the behaviour of fellow fans.

The worst trouble took place in the Bob Shankly Stand, which housed 3000 Celtic supporters.

Jim Thomson, Dundee operations manager, said: "I have never seen anything like the behaviour of the Celtic fans in the 20 years I have been running games at Dens Park.

"There was almost a full-scale riot. I have never seen so many people drunk."

Thomson said home fans and stewards were abused and Celtic fans fought among themselves.

He added: "It was like a throwback to the 1970s. It was scary. I had Celtic fans coming up to me to tell me they were embarrassed by their own fans' behaviour."

Thomson blamed the late kick-off for the game, which was screened live on ESPN.

He said: "It should never have kicked off at 7.30pm on Boxing Day. It gave the supporters too much time to get drunk."

Lawwell said: "We are very proud that Celtic supporters enjoy such a great reputation and it is therefore extremely disappointing that the behaviour of a small minority has tarnished the good name of the club and our fans in this way.

"Clearly, we apologise to Dundee. We will work with them and look into any incident raised, and if we can identify any individuals involved, we will take the strongest possible action.

"We have received a number of complaints from our own supporters about the conduct of this minority."

Police said there was "a level of disturbance at the match, primarily within the Celtic section". One Dundee supporter and four Celtic fans will be reported to prosecutors for alleged offences.

Daily Record

Disgusting behaviour, any genuine Celtic fans should be thoroughly ashamed of these fans scumbags.

:lol:

The fact that you are denying that Celtic's success is based on the exploitation of sectarianism shows what this country is up against.

Uh, I didn't even mention "Celtic's success" and/or "exploitation of sectarianism". You've pulled this claim out of your arse, I'm afraid.

I have given sources for the sectarian origins of Celtic on many occasions. Have a read of Bill Murray's (not the commedian) "The Old Firm". It will give you everything you are looking for...

is one good quote from the Glasgow Observer 24 November 1900

Celtic & Rangers = two cheeks of the same arse

Like I say, I'm not about to stand up here and say "I can't believe that representatives of a Christian organisation would deliberately try to prevent their co-religionists from mingling with people from other sects". I can quite believe exactly this kind of thing went on then and still does now, not least because there's a lot about this in the original text.

Nonetheless, an assertion in a book I haven't read, that appears to be based on a century-old article, is not my idea of a reliable source for this type of claim - it's the kind of thing that you really need to corroborate fairly convincingly before you can credibly go making grand proclamations.

If you want to know why, go buy any newspaper today, right now, and highlight articles that contain misleading reports. Your pen might hold out as far as the sport pages, or it might not, depending on which one you buy.

(And while I'm at it Cap'n, you might like to rein it in a bit on this general topic. While I've no doubt you're right on many of your statements, you remind me very strongly of the Scottish Nationalist character in Absolutely who used to cycle down to the border with England, jump over it and shout "Poofs!" at the top of his voice, then cycle off at top speed).

Uh, I didn't even mention "Celtic's success" and/or "exploitation of sectarianism". You've pulled this claim out of your arse, I'm afraid.

Like I say, I'm not about to stand up here and say "I can't believe that representatives of a Christian organisation would deliberately try to prevent their co-religionists from mingling with people from other sects". I can quite believe exactly this kind of thing went on then and still does now, not least because there's a lot about this in the original text.

Nonetheless, an assertion in a book I haven't read, that appears to be based on a century-old article, is not my idea of a reliable source for this type of claim - it's the kind of thing that you really need to corroborate fairly convincingly before you can credibly go making grand proclamations.

If you want to know why, go buy any newspaper today, right now, and highlight articles that contain misleading reports. Your pen might hold out as far as the sport pages, or it might not, depending on which one you buy.

(And while I'm at it Cap'n, you might like to rein it in a bit on this general topic. While I've no doubt you're right on many of your statements, you remind me very strongly of the Scottish Nationalist character in Absolutely who used to cycle down to the border with England, jump over it and shout "Poofs!" at the top of his voice, then cycle off at top speed).

McGlashan

0.jpg

From FIFA today

Rangers go under

14 June

Rangers’ perilous financial position had been an open secret but there was still shock when, after 140 years of history and a world record 54 league titles, the club was consigned to liquidation in mid-June. The Glasgow giants were subsequently reformed as a new company and granted entry to the Third Division, Scotland’s fourth tier, which they currently lead by nine points with a game in hand.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

From FIFA today

Rangers go under

14 June

Rangers' perilous financial position had been an open secret but there was still shock when, after 140 years of history and a world record 54 league titles, the club was consigned to liquidation in mid-June. The Glasgow giants were subsequently reformed as a new company and granted entry to the Third Division, Scotland's fourth tier, which they currently lead by nine points with a game in hand.

:lol::lol:

Slight problem here, how could that come from today when you've quoted "14th June" right there? Also, if that's from today it's also wrong, as we are 12 points clear :lol:. So it's just a wee bit, well, iffy.

1356703993[/url]' post='6927012']

Slight problem here, how could that come from today when you've quoted "14th June" right there? Also, if that's from today it's also wrong, as we are 12 points clear :lol:. So it's just a wee bit, well, iffy.

It happened on the 14 of June but who cares FIFA confirm you diedsmile.gif

Nonetheless, an assertion in a book I haven't read,

So, only books that you have read count as a reliable source? :lol:

that appears to be based on a century-old article, is not my idea of a reliable source for this type of claim

You are suggesting that all written historical records from a hundred years and beyond and therefore not reliable? :lol:

- it's the kind of thing that you really need to corroborate fairly convincingly before you can credibly go making grand proclamations.

I see.

I need to make sure its a source that you personally have read and the source has to have been written in modern times decades after the event? :lol:

So the written word should be dismissed altogether then? We should just believe you instead? :lol:

You remind me of the 3 monkeys.

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

There is none blind as those will not see.

Edited by Captain_Sensible

Right, can people please keep all this tedious shite about whether it's a new club or not in the thread that Cap'n set up specifically to deal with the issue - it's that thread about Jim Traynor.

This discussion is so boring, so pointless and so impossible for the opposing factions to agree on that even WKR has drifted away.

Keep the BRALT for all the other pointless arguments we can't settle please.