Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

How did the SFL handle the process? in what way did this differ from the way that the SPL handled it?

Completely irrelevant to the question he's asking.

He's allowing Bennett to choose whatever process, by whomever, to avoid deflection.

You've answered, and your answer was reasonable IMO. I'd like to see Bennets.

I am sure you have entered my conversations on numerous occasions, do not get me wrong I would not criticise you for doing so, it is after all a public forum.

I'm in a good mood, I apologise.

I thought you were trying to deflect away from MT's question to Bennett.

GGTTH (for at least one day!).

Completely irrelevant to the question he's asking.

He's allowing Bennett to choose whatever process, by whomever, to avoid deflection.

You've answered, and your answer was reasonable IMO. I'd like to see Bennets.

I bet you would.

How did the SFL handle the process? in what way did this differ from the way that the SPL handled it?

I'm slightly confused by how conversation's developed and also not clear on what you're getting at with the question, but I'll attempt to answer it anyway.

I don't honestly think there's a great deal of difference between how the two bodies handled the situation. Obviously, the SFL admitted the Newco, where the SPL didn't, but the fact that the SFL had 3 divisions they could be placed in rather than just 1, helped with that. In both cases, fan opinion had a big impact - I think it's a total myth that only SPL fans applied any pressure to their clubs. At QOS for example, the director's blog on the OS was bombarded with messages imploring the board to vote against placing the Newco in SFL1. The fact that our board shamefully voted as they did, led to real rancour and ill-feeling that's not gone away, despite our great season on the pitch.

Another difference is that the SFL is led by the more conciliatory figure of Longmuir, rather than the disgrace that is Doncaster. This is largely cosmetic however, as Longmuir was completely on board with reprehensible plan to pop the Newco in SFL1 for a year.

I've said before that this notion of 'SPL-bad ; SFL-good' is really just another piece of Green nonsense. It doesn't bear a lot of scrutiny, but Rangers fans seem happy to run with it.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

"CATHOLIC football players on the Glasgow Celtic team may no longer make the Sign of the Cross after hitting the back of the net.

The order was issued by Celtic manager David Hay in a recent televised statement. Mr Hay told the Catholic Herald that the public practice "is only very recent, it started two months ago — there is no tradition of it in the Celtic club".

Source: catholic herald.

'Roon ye laugh.gif

"CATHOLIC football players on the Glasgow Celtic team may no longer make the Sign of the Cross after hitting the back of the net.

The order was issued by Celtic manager David Hay in a recent televised statement. Mr Hay told the Catholic Herald that the public practice "is only very recent, it started two months ago — there is no tradition of it in the Celtic club".

'Roon ye laugh.gif

Couple of key points here.

Hays statement was an official public announcment by Celtic on trying to remove sectarianism or anything that could be construed as inflamatory in the game 30 years ago..

Meanwhile over at bigot dome catholic players are still being privately advised not to cross themselves for fear of upseting rangers fans whilst the club deny it while their fans still boo players with irish catholic names.

'Roon ye laugh.gif

I'm not sure that this helps your case Bendarroch. As ever with these things, it's all about context. Hay's advice to Scottish/Irish players was entirely to be associated with removing behaviour which might deliberately provoke trouble. Any Rangers' advice to Sandaza would have been delivered in order to appease an ugly element that Rangers recognise in their own support.

As regards the article itself, it starts off ok, but gets increasingly ridiculous. The Marco Negri stuff has already been discredited as a piece of Celtic motivated fiction, has it not. As for the whodunnit bit at the end, I was only disappointed that the mild mannered janitor didn't get into the frame.