Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Guest Kincardine

Yes , any sporting organisation that gives out awards has the right to withdraw them if the feel the need to.

Not only do they not but that wasn't, actually, Mikey's point. Would you really want to be involved in any competition whose organisers could do what they like? Looks like you and Mikey are shoulder-to-shoulder. Diddy and plastic together endorsing caprice and whim.

Well life is very simple then?

There's another, just as cogent, aspect. Were the rules of the competition actually up to scratch and designed to cover the legal use of EBTs? I suspect not.

Also, The FTT have already declared that these were discretionary and recoverable advances. whether people like it or not. If the stooges of the The SPL (RIP) find otherwise then it will only be to satisfy the atavistic lynch-mob of plastics and diddies.

Rule 4.5 of the SFA’s Registration Procedure Rules provides inter alia:-

“All payments to be made to a player relating to his playing activities must be clearly recorded upon the relevant contract and/or agreement. No payments for his playing activities may be made to a player via a third party”.

;)

Looks like you and Mikey are shoulder-to-shoulder. Diddy and plastic together endorsing caprice and whim.

I would disagree with this as all I did was ask a question.

In all honesty I don't believe any titles should be stripped as the players acheivements should not be taken away from them.

They won on the pitch and that's all that matters really.

Edited by MikeyWellFan

Guest Kincardine

Rule 4.5 of the SFA’s Registration Procedure Rules provides inter alia:-

“All payments to be made to a player relating to his playing activities must be clearly recorded upon the relevant contract and/or agreement. No payments for his playing activities may be made to a player via a third party”.

;)

Let's not go through this shite again. The BRALT barrack-room lawyers will be creaming themselves at the thought of yet another arid debate and looking on the blogosphere to see how they should answer this.

He has already ordered his "48 Titles" scarf :)

This is really what it all boils down to with you lot. "We've pyoor won more titles". Keep them. They stopped at 54. We will all be dead by the time you get near Celtics haul. If you ever do. :)

Guest Kincardine

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have they the legal right to strip the titles from teams participating in the competition they administer? A simple Yes or No (seeing as you prefer to answer in those terms).

Don't know and don't care. That wasn't Mikey's Q though. Looks like you can't read to the end of a sentence either.

I would disagree with this as all I did was ask a question.

In all honesty I don't believe any titles should be stripped as the players acheivements should not be taken away from them.

They won on the pitch and that's all that matters really.

I respectfully disagree. If the club cheated (broke the rules) to get the players on the pitch, the achievements should be taken away. Otherwise, what is to stop a team fielding 24 players against stronger opposition?

I respectfully disagree. If the club cheated (broke the rules) to get the players on the pitch, the achievements should be taken away. Otherwise, what is to stop a team fielding 24 players against stronger opposition?

I agree that a club should not be able to cheat to gain an advantage and should suffer consequenses for doing so.

But I don't think that the players achievements should be taken away if they had nothing to do with the cheating.

Of course if these players knew that what they were doing was wrong then they should be stripped of the achievements.

The honours can be stripped from the club ,, the wins remain on the players CV and they may keep the medals for what's they are worth and the memories.

However as a club honour .. stripped.

Happy enough for the titles to remain vacant or be reallocated.

Well if young Dhensboy says this is whats going to happen then we'll have to trust his insider knowledge, his legal know how and his senior SPL sources :lol:

Edited by bennett

Guest Kincardine

Well if young Dhensboy says this is whats going to happen then we'll have to trust his insider knowledge, his legal know how and his senior SPL sources :lol:

Yup and it'll be as reliable as the other 106,000 posts on this thread of shame!