Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Which players were incorrectly registered Normn?

A bit more detail please...

You are familiar with conditional phrasing and speculation, Bennett? The issue here is what would you deem appropriate IF there were irregularities - I have not stated that there were, how many there were, or for how long. I simply asked of you and your fellow deflectors rangers posters what you might deem to be fit punishment IF such irregularities had occurred.

How can you add detail to speculation, or alternatively why would I embroider any speculation?

AH ! brokeback Benny comes down from the mountain asking for proof even when Benny has no proof to the contrary himself :lol:

OK Benny you can help me out here ! seeing as your very smart you tell me how many people had an EBT trust fund then subtract 80 from that amount and then you'll get your answer :) it's very simple really isn't it.

I'm sure there was well over 100 recipients of EBT's so when you find out how many were getting them you'll get your answer as to how many MIH settled out of court.

It was an easy question for you to answer, i'll take that as a 'you haven't a f**king a clue and are making shite up again'.

To add to this - as well as the titles, there's the prize money. Would the rangers fans accept a financial penalty?

Bearing in mind that most cases of incorrect registration involve single or few appearances by individual players, what would be deemed a fitting punishment for repeated and multiple offences?

C'mon, Amigos, what do you think? Opinions please.....

Which players were incorrectly registered Normn?

A bit more detail please...

I predict his answer will be 'Never heard of speculating Bennett' even though he was clearly stating it as a fact.

Let's hope for your sake that your prediction skills are more accurate than your comprehension skills when it comes to the Commission findings, then, Tedi.

I've quoted my own post above. "would", "would", "what do you think".....

Hardly even alluding to a statement, let alone a proclamation of veracity. Merely a hypothesis upon which I invited comment. The responses?

1. Bennett asks an irrelevant question which neither he nor I are likely to be able to answer.

2. You greenie Bennett's beautifully constructed argument, or perhaps his rapier wit....

3. You demonstrate yet again the failings of the Scottish Education System by your singular inability to grasp a simple meaning from well-ordered, legible and grammatically accurate text. Why bother, when you can throw another insult at a poster trying to discuss the matter reasonably?

No I do not consider this to be fair, the trophy`s were won on the pitch, I am beginning to think the SPL will not entertain this type of punishment.

I think you might be right about the direction things are heading in.

You must realise how flimsy this "the trophies were won on the pitch" defence is though. Of course they were won on the pitch - it's hard to conceive of alternative venues. Without wishing to draw any direct parallels in terms of 'cheating', Lance Armstrong would not have helped his case by pointing to a French street map.

How do you square the idea that a fine would be appropriate, with the fact that teams have been thrown out of Cups for registration errors in the past?

I predict his answer will be 'Never heard of speculating Bennett' even though he was clearly stating it as a fact.

You are familiar with conditional phrasing and speculation, Bennett? The issue here is what would you deem appropriate IF there were irregularities - I have not stated that there were, how many there were, or for how long. I simply asked of you and your fellow deflectors rangers posters what you might deem to be fit punishment IF such irregularities had occurred.

How can you add detail to speculation, or alternatively why would I embroider any speculation?

Normans nothing if not predictable :lol:

Well done, Mystic Smeg. laugh.gif

It was an easy question for you to answer, i'll take that as a 'you haven't a f**king a clue and are making shite up again'.

You supply the ammo dude ! how many people got EBT's ? once you have that then subtract 80 from that number and then you have your answer to how many were settled out of court.

One person equals one case Benny.

You find something that says there was only 80 recipients then Rangers have truly won the BTC outright :)

I think you could argue that legally loans are not payments.

This where I think the SPL case will fall down, the SPL will have to declare that these loans were payments in order to find them guilty and then punish. If Rangers can create a legal argument to the contrary then the SPL are pretty fucked, I believe the SPL already know this, the unknown part, is the few that Rangers did admit, what were these for and to whom?

Tedi your gaps in knowledge when it come to legal matters are plain for all to see. The FTTT had to decide on whether they believed the EBTs were genuine loans. This is an issue we could spend the next 100k posts arguing as to whether they could ever be considered loans in the letter of the law. Even though everyone involved knows they clearly aren't'.

However, that has little to do with the SPL commision. All they have to decide on is whether they thought your players were given side contracs. Something which is far simplier to prove, and something you can't legally take to court and certainly not have any chance of winning.

If guilty then a monetary fine is the simplest path to get to this 'lets move on scenario' anything else is a huge can of worms and will just lead to decades of continued bad feeling and not just from Rangers and her fans. Money also gives something back to the game, none of the other punishments on offer do.

If wrongdoing on what you concede is an unprecedented scale is proven though, surely the game is required to do what's right, rather than what's simplest, or most lucrative?

Anyway Ted, I can't see us agreeing, but I appreciate the discussion.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

You supply the ammo dude ! how many people got EBT's ? once you have that then subtract 80 from that number and then you have your answer to how many were settled out of court.

One person equals one case Benny.

You find something that says there was only 80 recipients then Rangers have truly won the BTC outright :)

^^^^^ no takers then !

Ah well OK I'll supply the info for Rangers fans as usual :P

There were in total 111 cases of EBT recipients through out the life of the trust fund

63 were Footballers

24 were Rangers Staff and Management

24 were Murray Group Employees

And there are around 30 cases that did not go through the FTTT and put in the list of cleared accusations !

Which of these recipients above off the 111 people were plead guilty to before the BTC concluded on 80 off them ?.

Nothing that has happened in the past year has happened in the past (well at least on this scale), I admit rules have been stretched to make sure that a club with 50,000 fans did not simply disappear, but it was done for common sense reasons, I am sure that logic will continue, the SPL and more importantly the SFA are tired of this whole saga, it is time to move on, to me (you can probably understand) the simplest thing would be for them just to drop it, however another part of me actually wants it to go ahead, a verdict would be good for both sides. If guilty then a monetary fine is the simplest path to get to this 'lets move on scenario' anything else is a huge can of worms and will just lead to decades of continued bad feeling and not just from Rangers and her fans. Money also gives something back to the game, none of the other punishments on offer do.

I agree. How about 500million quid (one for each fan) per year x 20 years worth of offences?

Deal?

My gaps are obviously no wider than yours ;)

The FTTT found in our favour, at some point you are simply going to have to accept this fact.

I clearly disagree with your everyone involved knows.

Of course we can take the SPL to court if they declare these loans as payments and this is something they need to do if they are to declare that we had side contracts.

Side contracts and loans clearly cannot be associated together, I imagine the chances of winning to be quite high if the SPL try to claim otherwise.

The SFA are the appeal body so why would you go to court?smile.gif

The only precedent that was made,is that the SFA must stick to their own list of punishments.

Yeah, the sfa tried to cut Old Rangers a bit of slack, by not going for the Suspension or Expulsion routes - both on the 'list of punishments'

Old Rangers showed their appreciation of that sympathetic decision by squealing like horrible sqealing things.

Yeah, the sfa tried to cut Old Rangers a bit of slack, by not going for the Suspension or Expulsion routes - both on the 'list of punishments'

Old Rangers showed their appreciation of that sympathetic decision by squealing like horrible sqealing things.

We can only hope that the authorities have learned their lesson and stick rigidly to the rule book, even if that means that expulsion from the game is the only option left to them. After all, the berrzz are insisting that the rules should be adhered to.