Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've heard it repeated by bears for years - they seem quite proud of the old clogger - but I'm happy to be corrected.

I notice you don't offer a repudiation of the part of my post which you didn't bold......

Greig was voted the greatest ever Ranger for his services to the club as a player,he was never voted our greatest ever player. Edit too add,for what it's worth it's not something i agreed with as for me anyway that title should have been afforded to Willie Waddell.

Edited by youngsy

Are you sure about that? This is the mob that ignored the likes of Baxter and Cooper and chose John Greig as their greatest player.

I'll repeat that. John Greig. Greatest Player.

I would suggest it's something other than football that binds this lot together. Something not over-pleasant at that.

Nice to see you are deflecting my points as well as your own now WRK. Good work.

Why don't you comment on my point instead of creating another argument?

Greig was voted the greatest ever Ranger for his services to the club as a player,he was never voted our greatest ever player. Edit too add,for what it's worth it's not something i agreed with as for me anyway that title should have been afforded to Willie Waddell.

Greig got the vote for his long service to the club in various capacities.

With all due respect to Ham'n'Egg I'd have gone for Waddell as well.

You're correct it will be a short term non-attendance by very few as tbh the majority of fans realise that clubs are willing to bring in sponsorship cash from every avenue,including the renaming of their stadium. It won't affect the crowd attendace in any significant way.

Maybe you can sell some of your old trophies to another company too, that should rake in a couple of bob. How much do you reckon 20 years of your history might be worth, surely you wouldn't miss a few of the years where you didn't win anything. All avenues should be pursued.

Nice to see you are deflecting my points as well as your own now WRK. Good work.

Why don't you comment on my point instead of creating another argument?

f**k me but you're touchy today. I totally agree with your point - deep down the bears know that Charlie is their Last Best Hope, so they have to go along with his ramblings, while knowing, despite protestations to the contrary, that he's in the process of rooking as much money out of them as he can before he shoots the craw. Were it not for the decades of spiteful triumphalism, I could almost feel sorry for them. Almost....

Any other team, and you would be appalled at the behaviour from boardroom to stands, and the "debt-free with 140 years of history" attitude we're having rammed down our throats. Any other team, mind (barring one) wouldn't be around in any form to behave like this.

Don't see where deflection comes into it - again. apologies if I've upset you - and how can I deflect my own points?

So he's the greatest ever for being at the club for a good wee bit of time .... that's it?

What about the tea-ladies? Nobody's mentioned them for a while. Apart from the decades of hot and tasty beverage provision, their performance as emotional blackmail pawns must surely be recognised?

You cannot transfer a licence from a club to the same club.

If the licence was transferred then it is another club/company ..

How you wish to interpret that is entirely up you ...

The SFA, SPL broke their own rules to create this illusion for the sake of money. I have already posted the evidence on this.

The forthcoming Commission will reveal quite a lot I imagine ... no wonder the bears want it derailed.

Green may well scupper your illusion in order to save his new found wealth and investors profits .. you are dreaming if you think otherwise.

Any chance you could answer my question on the three footballing bodies recognising the continuity of the club instead of evading it.

Any chance you could answer my question on the three footballing bodies recognising the continuity of the club instead of evading it.

The new club was referred to as "The rangers" on many sources until the Laptop Loyal started pointing out the cost of window replacement these days.

So as a PLAYER .. what service did he perform that made him the greatest ever Ranger?

Out of sheer curiosity ?

Greig had 18 years as a player at the club,some of which were the worst in the clubs history,he could have left at any time,to his credit he stayed. However as Bearwithme pointed out he was voted the greatest ever Ranger for more than his time as a player,as i've said not something i agreed with. Now any chance of answering my question on the three footballing bodies in Scotland recognising club continuity.

1 ) f**k me but you're touchy today.

2)I totally agree with your point - deep down the bears know that Charlie is their Last Best Hope, so they have to go along with his ramblings, while knowing, despite protestations to the contrary, that he's in the process of rooking as much money out of them as he can before he shoots the craw. Were it not for the decades of spiteful triumphalism, I could almost feel sorry for them. Almost....

Any other team, and you would be appalled at the behaviour from boardroom to stands, and the "debt-free with 140 years of history" attitude we're having rammed down our throats. Any other team, mind (barring one) wouldn't be around in any form to behave like this.

3)Don't see where deflection comes into it - again. apologies if I've upset you - and how can I deflect my own points?

1 - Sorry, having a terrible day at work.

2 - Thanks for your feedback and I do agree with you. My question is when Charlie runs off with all the money, who will buy them afterwards?

3 - I was just trying to wind you up. I can see why Bennet enjoys it. tongue.gif

Greig had 18 years as a player at the club,some of which were the worst in the clubs history,he could have left at any time,to his credit he stayed. However as Bearwithme pointed out he was voted the greatest ever Ranger for more than his time as a player,as i've said not something i agreed with. Now any chance of answering my question on the three footballing bodies in Scotland recognising club continuity.

To be fair, youngsy, had it been for playing, I'd almost understand - the old "captain fantastic, bled blue, great ambassador" line. But given his performance as a manager - surely he must have dropped points for that?

What sort of person wastes their time reading the English FA's rule book?

Sorry Hellboy but you're a f**king nutter mate :lol:

Benny it's the same procedure that Scottish clubs have to go through to become a limited company ! and it's not a rule book it's a guide book you fucking roaster :P

The club has often been referred to as "The Rangers", from its earliest days, e.g. this book from the 1920s:

009089_922e1b4166efa007431501602fe2938a.jpg

Is that book worth more because of the misprint on the cover - you know, like stamps with the queen's head back-to front?

ETA: 1873-1923 is actually 51 years, of course. Was one of Tedi's ancestors involved?laugh.gif

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

My answer is there in my post.

Do you really want me to treat you like Tedi and break it down for you?

Honestly?

No you haven't. I've asked you this question three times but still you can't give a straight yes or no answer to it. So as you seem to have this reluctance to give a straight answer,of which the three footballing bodies in Scotland have signified that club continuity is recognised,i'll refrain from discussing this subject with you as it's obvious that your hatred and bitter view of a club comes before a straight and honest answer on this.

The club has often been referred to as "The Rangers", from its earliest days, e.g. this book from the 1920s:

009089_922e1b4166efa007431501602fe2938a.jpg

That book was written in 1928 by John Allan,Bearwithme. His research was found to be wrong in the founding of the club by Rangers historians in 1994,whose research confirmed the date of club founding was 1872.

No you haven't. I've asked you this question three times but still you can't give a straight yes or no answer to it. So as you seem to have this reluctance to give a straight answer,of which the three footballing bodies in Scotland have signified that club continuity is recognised,i'll refrain from discussing this subject with you as it's obvious that your hatred and bitter view of a club comes before a straight and honest answer on this.

OK. youngsy, if you'll just explain how a "club" can transfer membership of an association to itself, we'll accept everything you say.

Strange that one of the main reasons for this thread's longevity is a club and its successor who share "hatred and a bitter view", and have been anything but "straight and honest" since the day Craigie Boy got to appoint his own administrators.

That book was written in 1928 by John Allan,Bearwithme. His research was found to be wrong in the founding of the club by Rangers historians in 1994,whose research confirmed the date of club founding was 1872.

Should have been 52 years, then. Definitely a branch in the Tedi family bush, then....