Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That book was written in 1928 by John Allan,Bearwithme. His research was found to be wrong in the founding of the club by Rangers historians in 1994,whose research confirmed the date of club founding was 1872.

I did some further research and found that they died in 2012.

Benny it's the same procedure that Scottish clubs have to go through to become a limited company ! and it's not a rule book it's a guide book you fucking roaster :P

Whatever makes you happy mate, for me a relaxing evening is having a few beers, some classic tunes (maybe some Purple or Priest) and putting my feet up but if you want to swot up on the English FA's rules and regs then fair do's.

I still think you've got a screw loose but thats life.

Whatever makes you happy mate, for me a relaxing evening is having a few beers, some classic tunes (maybe some Purple or Priest) and putting my feet up but if you want to swot up on the English FA's rules and regs then fair do's.

I still think you've got a screw loose but thats life.

I may have a screw loose but the bolt through your neck needs tightening Benny.

Are you sure about that? This is the mob that ignored the likes of Baxter and Cooper and chose John Greig as their greatest player.

I'll repeat that. John Greig. Greatest Player.

I would suggest it's something other than football that binds this lot together. Something not over-pleasant at that.

Not true Norman x3.

Not true Norman x3.

Do keep up, Bennett. I make an honest mistake, acknowledge it, and move on. Meanwhile you're burbling on about people having the temerity to read about subjects they're interested in - and actually trying to mock them for it.

And x3? What exactly did that say in your head before you tried to translate it to English?

1869 ! That would be at a time when Killie didn't have a company to run it WRK :whistle

Aye, we just dragged the first eleven able-bodied men out of the Bellfield Tavern* and carried on in a Corinthian manner.

I think we tried to resurrect this style of play in the 1970s.....

*As anyone who's been to Kilmarnock knows, the BT is actually (assuming it's still there) an outstandingly unattractive concrete bombshelter which even Bellfield(blink.gif) has cast outside its borders.

RANGERS TAX LIABILITIES

Session: 2012-13 Date tabled: 14.01.2013 Primary sponsor: Galloway, George Sponsors: Campbell, Ronnie Hopkins, Kelvin McGovern, Jim That this House notes that the owners of the club now playing in the Scottish Third Division called Rangers claim that it is the same club with the same history as the liquidated club also known as Rangers; further notes that 14 million in VAT and PAYE was withheld in the run-up to administration by the previous Rangers; further notes that the club is now cash-rich through a share issue which raised in excess of 20 million; condemns the use of insolvency laws to avoid paying tax owed; and calls on the Government to take steps to reclaim the outstanding monies from Rangers and to bring forward legislative proposals to prevent clubs and companies sidestepping their liabilities through liquidation and then carrying on trading with effectively the same name and in exactly the same business.

Davie Cooper was a better player than Greig of that there is no doubt, as was Baxter. You're correct they are a strange lot.

Leaving aside the fact that Greig was voted 'Greatest Ranger' rather than greatest player, and moving off-topic, because the 'Newclub/Oldclub stuff is so bloody tedious, was Cooper really that good?

I'm not stirring it or meaning to be insensitive, but I always felt that his reputation as a player soared ( and not just among Rangers fans) after his tragic, early death.

As I recall, Cooper was a very talented player who played for a largely crappy Rangers side, but was good enough to remain a part of the good sides that came later. He also clearly made a big difference to Motherwell and shone occasionally for Scotland.

He didn't amass huge numbers of caps though. I know he was famously a home-bird, but I don't remember him being hugely sought after by English clubs. I remember him as a 'hot and cold' player, but maybe I'm being unfair.

What do Rangers fans think? Is he worthy of being considered among the great Rangers players?

Leaving aside the fact that Greig was voted 'Greatest Ranger' rather than greatest player, and moving off-topic, because the 'Newclub/Oldclub stuff is so bloody tedious, was Cooper really that good?

I'm not stirring it or meaning to be insensitive, but I always felt that his reputation as a player soared ( and not just among Rangers fans) after his tragic, early death.

As I recall, Cooper was a very talented player who played for a largely crappy Rangers side, but was good enough to remain a part of the good sides that came later. He also clearly made a big difference to Motherwell and shone occasionally for Scotland.

He didn't amass huge numbers of caps though. I know he was famously a home-bird, but I don't remember him being hugely sought after by English clubs. I remember him as a 'hot and cold' player, but maybe I'm being unfair.

What do Rangers fans think? Is he worthy of being considered among the great Rangers players?

Cooper was an excellent player and would have got a lot more caps but for the fact that John Robertson more or less had Scotland's wide left slot sewn up. Robertson also kept Peter Weir's international appearances well down on what his abilities deserved.

spoiled for choice in them days,eh?

I'd say he's worth considering as he was highly talented. But I see two main contenders for the greatest Rangers player: Baxter and Alan Morton, with Morton perhaps shading it on length of service i.e both tremendous players but Morton did more for the club as he was there longer. In the modern era, Laudrup stands out. In the early days, I would suggest Neilly Gibson. Obviously I'm mentioning some players I've not seen but that's in the way of these things.

Number of caps isn't always a measure of a player's excellence. I thought Cooper was excellent for Scotland, and coincidentally on the other side of the Divide Jimmy Johnstone didn't get that many caps. Neither did Tommy Burns, but he'll always be a legend for that goal at Scummerset, among the odd other thing he did right at Killie....wub.gif. I may be wrong here, and can't be arsed checking, but haven't Miller and McLeish both got more caps than Alan Hansen?*

Back on Greig - surely the only positives there ARE his playing exploits? Other than that, there's his poor management record, sitting on his arse drawing a director's salary and fucking off sharpish when the heat got turned up. Not to mention that dead hooker in the photocopier room.

ETA: Mcleish 77, Miller 65, Hansen 26. Twenty fucking six! That is criminal. I know the two Dons were a good partnership, but come on!

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

I'd say he's worth considering as he was highly talented. But I see two main contenders for the greatest Rangers player: Baxter and Alan Morton, with Morton perhaps shading it on length of service i.e both tremendous players but Morton did more for the club as he was there longer. In the modern era, Laudrup stands out. In the early days, I would suggest Neilly Gibson. Obviously I'm mentioning some players I've not seen but that's in the way of these things.

From what I've seen, it would be Baxter. But, as I keep reminding some of my Man U mates, nobody ever released a DVD of "Bobby Charlton's 100 Best Row Z Screamers".....

RANGERS TAX LIABILITIES

Session: 2012-13 Date tabled: 14.01.2013 Primary sponsor: Galloway, George Sponsors: Campbell, Ronnie Hopkins, Kelvin McGovern, Jim That this House notes that the owners of the club now playing in the Scottish Third Division called Rangers claim that it is the same club with the same history as the liquidated club also known as Rangers; further notes that 14 million in VAT and PAYE was withheld in the run-up to administration by the previous Rangers; further notes that the club is now cash-rich through a share issue which raised in excess of 20 million; condemns the use of insolvency laws to avoid paying tax owed; and calls on the Government to take steps to reclaim the outstanding monies from Rangers and to bring forward legislative proposals to prevent clubs and companies sidestepping their liabilities through liquidation and then carrying on trading with effectively the same name and in exactly the same business.

Surely that falls into the "we are a new club" department if they are pursued for money.

Surely Craig Whyte is Rangers best ever player because he certainly played Rangers fans to his tune :P

Is there not more chance of someone in 1928 getting the facts right,than the 1994 historians,as the 1928 researcher could have actually spoke to people involved in set up of the club.

The 1928 author could have BEEN one of the people who set up the club....

He might also have been a director of the company that acquired the club - which company was that again....wink.gif

Surely that falls into the "we are a new club" department if they are pursued for money.

I think the department that these obviously hibernian trouble-makers are addressing is this one....

phoenix.jpg

There appear to be more and more people linking the old and the new. Maybe this wasn't the wisest move:

tumblr_m8enbvoxLu1qi278yo1_500.jpg