Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers fans over the last couple of pages displaying the sort of bigoted attitude synonymous with their club. <br /><br />No wonder no one likes you, Scottish football and society would be miles better off without an "institution" which actively encourages this nonsense.<br /><br />All defended by calling it "free speech" or pointing the finger at the green lot and saying "but what about them?"<br /><br />Disgusting!<br /><br />And yes i'm genuinely offended by it. It doesn't make me cry but It is the biggest cancer in the country and sport i love and it does make me despair that people can find this sort of stuff acceptable in Scotland 2013.<br /><br />

Forget free speech, why the need to sing that shite at a fucking football match?

Its sad as f**k!

There are genuine issues around free speech, football and how society views fans. On the other hand, it's debatable whether hate-filled chanting counts as "speech" - not even the wackiest Sevconian is going to claim that a citizen has the right to stand in the street screeching filthy abuse at passers-by. And yet, move the action to a football stadium, and suddenly that behaviour is perfectly fine, for some folk.

What many of the Rangers fans here are saying is that they believe they have a near-unlimited right to act like as much of a bunch of hateful c*nts as they want. I suspect Plod is going to disagree.

Edited by flyingrodent

is "free speech" a right in this country? I thought that was an American thing, thats why you get all the hate preachers out on the streets and nobody can do a thing about it

Yup, article ten of ECHR. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_10_of_the_European_Convention_on_Human_Rights

It's limited by public order laws, as it would have to be. For example, shouting racist abuse through somebody's letterbox oversteps the "freedom of expression" mark, and is criminal harrassment.

There are genuine issues around free speech, football and how society views fans. On the other hand, it's debatable whether hate-filled chanting counts as "speech" - not even the wackiest Sevconian is going to claim that a citizen has the right to stand in the street screeching filthy abuse at passers-by. And yet, move the action to a football stadium, and suddenly that behaviour is perfectly fine, for some folk.

What many of the Rangers fans here are saying is that they believe they have a near-unlimited right to act like as much of a bunch of hateful c*nts as they want. I suspect Plod is going to disagree.

Celtic fans are just as guilty of irrelevant, embarrassing, non-football related pish.

So you take a screen shot of one fan and think all of us think the same way? Are you really that stupid?

So no other sevco fans believe this is another media agenda against the club?

Is that what you are saying?

So no other sevco fans believe this is another media agenda against the club?

Is that what you are saying?

I wouldn't know and neither would you unless you go looking for it.

It's basically like me going on twitter and searching for something stupid that a Celtic fan has tweeted then taking a screen shot of it and saying this is what Celtic fans think. Do you know how pathetically stupid that is?

I wouldn't know and neither would you unless you go looking for it.

It's basically like me going on twitter and searching for something stupid that a Celtic fan has tweeted then taking a screen shot of it and saying this is what Celtic fans think. Do you know how pathetically stupid that is?

Not as pathetically stupid as say.................

rfc-protest-28th-april-2012-16.jpg

rfc-protest-28th-april-2012-12.jpg

article-0-0EADD0B200000578-952_634x378.j

_59823642_6468326.jpg

rangers_2047642c.jpg

1320508380-glasgow-rangers-fc-fans-prote

As the dead club were never out of the top flight, and the new club are starting out, to call yourself ''As We Rise Again'' makes no sense either way. Neither club have risen before (unless from the grave lol)

''As we rise'' works for both viewpoints, but to include ''again'' now that's pathetically stupid.

I don't understand some of the rangers fans to be honest.

SFA sanctions costs jobs.

What, and not paying the little companies that you were in debt with doesn't either.

They should pick which platform they decide to attack more carefully as they are not exactly saints in certain areas they are trying to rail against.

I think we could say that all teams fans probably have an offensive element in them, and can at times also be guilty of being irrelevant, non football related.

It's not just isolated to the OF

Well, strictly speaking, you're maybe just about right, although you'd have a job finding evidence to support the claim in full.

The point is however that you're implying that the OF don't have a particular problem here that sets them apart from the other teams, and that, quite simply, is bollocks.

It's not that the OF just happen to have an unpleasant element. It's not even that the element is larger by virtue of them having very large supports. These clubs have disproportionately large elements that behave in very anti-social ways because much of their appeal is blatantly divisive.

I've never pretended that every OF fan is bigoted - loads and loads very clearly aren't. However, for people who do hold such views due to upbringing, ignorance, inadequacies etc, there are ready made vehicles for them to express such views via our largest and most successful football teams.

The issue is worse right now with Rangers in my view because the Green stoked paranoia and siege mentality, with its focus on enemies, has somehow legitimised the worst excesses of the thickest.

There are plenty of stupid, aggressive, deeply unpleasant young male football followers in Scotland. To pretend that they're spread out evenly among the teams, on even a proportional basis, is dishonest though and ignores why the OF have such problems.

Well, strictly speaking, you're maybe just about right, although you'd have a job finding evidence to support the claim in full.

The point is however that you're implying that the OF don't have a particular problem here that sets them apart from the other teams, and that, quite simply, is bollocks.

It's not that the OF just happen to have an unpleasant element. It's not even that the element is larger by virtue of them having very large supports. These clubs have disproportionately large elements that behave in very anti-social ways because much of their appeal is blatantly divisive.

I've never pretended that every OF fan is bigoted - loads and loads very clearly aren't. However, for people who do hold such views due to upbringing, ignorance, inadequacies etc, there are ready made vehicles for them to express such views via our largest and most successful football teams.

The issue is worse right now with Rangers in my view because the Green stoked paranoia and siege mentality, with its focus on enemies, has somehow legitimised the worst excesses of the thickest.

There are plenty of stupid, aggressive, deeply unpleasant young male football followers in Scotland. To pretend that they're spread out evenly among the teams, on even a proportional basis, is dishonest though and ignores why the OF have such problems.

To be honest my post was merely to state that all teams have problems are it's not confined to the OF.

I did not say that it was evenly distributed amongst all the teams.

it was merely to say that there are elements within all teams that want to be controversial.

but like you say it just so happens that the OF have more 'ready made vehicles' in which to express those thoughts. (majority is based around a history/cause they will never understand)