Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

..and whilst you were getting yourself into this 'mess' it appears that you were also trying to get Sandaza from St Johstone was this another mess or a pure brass-necked attempt to cheat the system yet again. Shameful. Bear and you know it.

OK, you've got us. We're not in a mess at all. It was all a big, evil cheating plan from the start. Being in administration and on the brink of liquidation is what we wanted all along.

Edited by Bearwithme

OK, you've got us. We're not in a mess at all. It was all a big, evil cheating plan from the start.

Don't wriggle Bear - why try to cheat a fellow league club so brazenly? The attempt to sign Sandaza was not only cheating it was close to criminal.

Don't wriggle Bear - why try to cheat a fellow league club so brazenly? The attempt to sign Sandaza was not only cheating it was close to criminal.

Call the polis (just in case). I'm sure the attempt to sign him was genuine on the part of our football side. What exactly Whyte was up to, I couldn't say.

No, I'm not kidding. It is indeed very common for clubs to buy players in instalments

I'm sure we fully intended to pay the instalments for Jelavic when we signed him but we've got ourselves in a mess. Obviously that is regrettable but the hysteria about this is tiresome. It wasn't "cheating".

(Incidentally, according to the administrators' statement we are owed more for players than we owe to other clubs for players, just to put the instalment business in perspective.)

I know instalments is common that wasn't my point.

Why didn't you give Vienna their money when Everton's cheque arrived?

Why have you added Burnley to your creditors list by playing Lafferty in friendlys?

"You fully intended to pay for Jelavic" you say. Is the mess you are in recent?

Even recently you tried to sign Cousin the day you went in the shit, and you tried to do over Dundee Utd with Goodwillie.

You lot have no shame.

I know instalments is common that wasn't my point.

Why didn't you give Vienna their money when Everton's cheque arrived?

Why have you added Burnley to your creditors list by playing Lafferty in friendlys?

"You fully intended to pay for Jelavic" you say. Is the mess you are in recent?

Even recently you tried to sign Cousin the day you went in the shit, and you tried to do over Dundee Utd with Goodwillie.

You lot have no shame.

So many questions.....

Why didn't we give Rapid Wien the money when Everton's cheque for Jelavic arrived (for example)? Maybe it wasn't due. Maybe it's still not due (like the Wallace instalment) or the big tax bill (which might never be due). I'm not sure the whereabouts of the Jelavic money is even known - if you're really interested about it you might want to ask Whyte.

Edited by Bearwithme

Call the polis (just in case). I'm sure the attempt to sign him was genuine on the part of our football side. What exactly Whyte was up to, I couldn't say.

...So there is now a distinction to be drawn between the side and the club. Wriggle, wriggle wriggle. So the contract was being drawn up by Andrew Little on his home computer. Utter cack. The contract was offered by the club and all negotiations were being fraudulently conducted by club officials and Sandaza's agent. Sorry Bear your previous posts had a level of decency about them

Edited by eightmile

...So there is now a distinction to be drawn between the side and the club. Wriggle, wriggle wriggle. So the contract was being drawn up by Andrew Little on his home computer. Utter cack. The contract was offered by the club and all negotiations were being fraudulently conducted by club officials and Sandaza's agent. Sorry Bear your previous posts had a level of decency about them

Spare us the "more in sorrow than in anger" routine. Yes, there is a distinction to be drawn between the people in charge of the football side and Whyte.

Spare us the "more in sorrow than in anger" routine. Yes, there is a distinction to be drawn between the people in charge of the football side and Whyte.

...not anger ( since I support a team that would have benefitted from Sandaza being away from Perth) - and sure as hell not sorrow (because I'd be quite happy to see Rangers scuttled for good) I'm just curious about your shallow argument - the contract was being drafted at the request of your club manager not Craig Whyte.

...not anger ( since I support a team that would have benefitted from Sandaza being away from Perth) - and sure as hell not sorrow (because I'd be quite happy to see Rangers scuttled for good) I'm just curious about your shallow argument - the contract was being drafted at the request of your club manager not Craig Whyte.

If you think our team manager was totally in charge of the club overall and knew everything Whyte was up to, so be it. Personally I doubt it. Managers push to sign players; other aspects are the owners' responsibility.

You're not seriously suggesting this whole situation is down to Whyte? It's been brewing for many many years before he came along.

The " football side " as you call them may or may not have known the totality of what was going on. Lets face it, they may have flashy cars and sharp suits but they are not the sharpest tacks in the drawer.

You're not seriously suggesting this whole situation is down to Whyte? It's been brewing for many many years before he came along.

The " football side " as you call them may or may not have known the totality of what was going on. Lets face it, they may have flashy cars and sharp suits but they are not the sharpest tacks in the drawer.

I'm not saying everything is Whyte's fault. That's purely of your own invention. I'll answer any particular point as I see it.

Though that might just about be my lot for tonight. :D

Edited by Bearwithme

No, I'm not kidding. It is indeed very common for clubs to buy players in instalments

I'm sure we fully intended to pay the instalments for Jelavic when we signed him but we've got ourselves in a mess. Obviously that is regrettable but the hysteria about this is tiresome. It wasn't "cheating".

(Incidentally, according to the administrators' statement we are owed more for players than we owe to other clubs for players, just to put the instalment business in perspective.)

Strange, as I would have thought that any worthwhile glance at your accounts and the trending towards oblivion at any point in the last 5 to 15 years would say otherwise, i.e. that you were in a mess long before Jelavic pulled on a pair of boots in professional anger never mind signing on for orkenkind fc on the (literal) never never.

Don't let the team I support cloud your judgement on my post, but your club has been a financial basket case for about 15 years, relying more and more on various handouts that could never be guaranteed: NTL media deal, MIH debt for equity, Champions League money, JJB deal, Dave King, ENIC and so on.

So many questions.....

Why didn't we give Rapid Wien the money when Everton's cheque for Jelavic arrived (for example)? Maybe it wasn't due. Maybe it's still not due (like the Wallace instalment) or the big tax bill (which might never be due). I'm not sure the whereabouts of the Jelavic money is even known - if you're really interested about it you might want to ask Whyte.

Quality reposte. A big boy did it and ran away............

Strange, as I would have thought that any worthwhile glance at your accounts and the trending towards oblivion at any point in the last 5 to 15 years would say otherwise, i.e. that you were in a mess long before Jelavic pulled on a pair of boots in professional anger never mind signing on for orkenkind fc on the (literal) never never.

Don't let the team I support cloud your judgement on my post, but your club has been a financial basket case for about 15 years, relying more and more on various handouts that could never be guaranteed: NTL media deal, MIH debt for equity, Champions League money, JJB deal, Dave King, ENIC and so on.

Actually the club was in reasonable shape when Whyte took over, as things stood. Our debt had been coming down for a few years and was at a manageable level. Savings had been made and more could have been made if needed.

Obviously the big tribunal case was hanging over us (and clearly that wasn't Whyte's doing) but that was nothing definite - and still isn't....

On the subject of the football side living in apparent blissful ignorance, Walter Smith appeared to be well aware of the situation. Isn't that why he jumped ship just ahead of the iceberg coming into view ?

Edited by Cutty Old

Actually the club was in reasonable shape when Whyte took over, as things stood. Our debt had been coming down for a few years and was at a manageable level. Savings had been made and more could have been made if needed.

Obviously the big tribunal case was hanging over us (and clearly that wasn't Whyte's doing) but that was nothing definite - and still isn't....

Aye, the club was in reasonable shape ergo the £1 sale price.

couldnamakeitupCSC

Aye, the club was in reasonable shape ergo the £1 sale price.

couldnamakeitupCSC

The original sale price was £6 million. Then the "wee" tax case popped up (according to some reports, it emerged when Whyte's people were doing their due diligence). David Murray waived the £6 million which was more than enough to cover that bill. Whyte didn't pay the bill.

Murray had wanted out for some time plus I suspect he came under serious pressure from the bank to sell and clear the bank's debt plus ditch any posiible liability from the big tribunal case.

Edited by Bearwithme