Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Isn't 29.9% the threshold before you are obliged to put in an offer to buy the rest of the business? I seem to remember this from the Glazer's at Manchester United and the takeover at Arsenal.

I'll give Hellboy a shout, he'll know.

Haw Hellboy is 29.9% the threshold before you are obliged to put in an offer to buy the rest of the business?

Rangers in the SPL would have that extra few mill, my point is that given the right manager then we do not need Messi type playres to bring back some sort of competition to the SPL.

You have enough intelligence to know exactly what I meant.

Well I obviously don't, because I did not get that meaning at all.

I'd agree that the current Celtic squad is fairly ordinary, but the spending advantage is likely to remain even if/when Rangers get to the top flight, by virtue of European money.

I don't think or hope that Celtic will necessarily get to the group stages every year, but with just one CL place for the foreseeable, they're likely to stay well ahead of Rangers, even if another calamity doesn't await you.

As it is for the mhanks, deep down you know you are still chasing.

and as for you vastly superior spending power....any one of the the SPL clubs with a few extra mill to spend this year would have challenged Celtic for the league, you have been rank rotten and not nearly as far apart as you think.

Celtic are 40 plus more titles closer to your dead clubs tainted achievements than the club you now support and has no top tier titles 8) we welcome the chase or pish ourselves laughing at The Clone Rangers folding over by vastly overspending again :) .

Mhanks ? :lol: resorting to insults is the result of a desperate man :P ya fud :lol:

Nonsense as their performance in Europe this season has vindicated the money they have spent on their squad. Their measure of success has to be how they perform in Europe not the SPL

Your mob on the other hand have spunked shitloads of cash on a bunch of flops and have stumbled time and time again on their quest to beat a bunch of part timers.

Every so often they have an ok'ish run in europe (same as us) but more often than not, they are mediocre (same as us). I'll stick with my earlier opinion thanks all the same.

Is paing SFL players a few grand per week any different from Celtic paying players over £20k per week to romp the SPL?

Both teams should have walked their respective leagues and duly did.

A parallel would be that Celtic could justify their spending if they did well in Europe.

Similarly, Rangers could justify theirs if they made an impact in the two main cups.

The fact that Celtic got through the group stage and earned a fortune; while Rangers didn't even reach the semis of the silliest wee cup would suggest that Celtic got more of a return on their investment.

The other dimension is that while some speculation on Celtic's part might seem justifiable, there's a pretty strong argument to suggest that Rangers should be very consciously prudent, given recent events.

Not denying that, yes we have performed miles below what a squad with that financial position should have.

Your deflection does not surprise me though, Celtic given the gulf in resources in the SPL should mean absolutely zero competition, the fact that you have only won the SPL by the amount of points you have is laughable, my point stands.

So you think that the amount of money you spend guarantees you win the league at a canter :1eye so if Celtic had all the first team and most of the subs on the injury list by your calculations then Celtic will still win games at a canter :lol: .

Spending loads of money does not guarantee results as Middlesbrough found out when they got the title of the most expensive side ever relegated.

I'll give Hellboy a shout, he'll know.

Haw Hellboy is 29.9% the threshold before you are obliged to put in an offer to buy the rest of the business?

How the fcuk should I know ya moron :lol: 33.4 % is needed before you can make a move to have a controlling interest,so the burn it bus bros must have some poor cnut in their side to have the controlling majority.The burn it bus bros could run into problems if another group collaborate together to have a larger share majority than them !.

And you are not obliged to put in an offer Benny.

So you admit that really Rangers do not need to spend that much money to compete with a shitty Celtic team then?

Naw Rangers don't have to spend as much in the SFL and how is Celtic a shitty team ? the rest of the SPL clubs aren't taking the pumping's from both the OF any more are they ?.

Your Rangers would take an absolute hammering from this current Celtic squad Tedi,the fans would demand they tear Rangers 10 more new arses just for the sake of it :) .There is no way that current Rangers squad and set up could ever compete in the SPL for the title and would be lucky to make the split.

It sure as Hell helps though.

Don't be ridiculous in suggesting otherwise.

Celtic's money in the current Scottish game really should guarantee success.

It does help MT but that's about it.

Yip Celtic's current spending should just about guarantee the title but not the cups as any team can have an off day and get pumped out the cup.

If you think Celtic won the league by anywhere near the margin they should have given the resource gap then you are seriously deluded.

My point stands.

Your club showed that spending way way more than it's opposition does not guarantee success and a huge margin of points.

Your club had the second largest wage budget and still struggled to get results on most occasions in a league they could have paid every players wages in the league and then some more.

JB grows in stature every passing day.

I know I'm a day behind here, but I'm usually further out than that, so I'll press on anyway.

I just listened to the Brown/English thing on the Podcast. I'm a huge fan of Tom English - I think he's pretty measured, writes well and is usually correct. I also consider John Brown to be a bit of a moronic tool whose comments last month about how Scotland should deal with Gareth Bale were disgraceful.

However, I'd actually say that Brown emerged from last night's exchange with more credit. He had obviously been stung by English's comments at the time of his Dundee appointment and I thought English should probably have offered an apology for the snidey tone he'd adopted at the time. Instead he continued with the cheap shots, saying at one point "I don't imagine you'll read my paper". I thought it was bullying and unpleasant.

Obviously, Brown's vindication for last summer's Ibrox performance is, as yet, less total than he's claiming, but there's no doubt that his claims are looking ever less ridiculous.

I listened in expecting to cringe every time Brown spoke, but found myself doing it more often when hearing from English.

No I do not but then I said 5-10k, I believe he would not have come to Rangers or any other club for 2k per week he is worth more.

If you think Celtic won the league by anywhere near the margin they should have given the resource gap then you are seriously deluded.

By your deluded philosophy there Tedi then Man City should have romped the EPL beating every team easily as they have a way larger wage budget than any other club in it.