Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Mediahouse at work. Murray is accused of leaking info buy someone leaking info to the sun.

Yay us.

Probably "Murray is accused of leaking info by someone at the SFA leaking info to the sun" ................my take, has sally announced his transfer budget yet? Was more than two weeks ago he had that meeting with Mathers to discuss it? Any news on what funds he may have?

and the only logical answer I can think of is that nobody realised that Rangers could squirm out of the player eligibility question on a techicality until proceedings were well underway.

Really? The only logical answer you can think of? I can't help but wonder why the judge had to explain that: "no provision of the Rules enabled the Board of the SPL retrospectively to terminate the registration of the player."

Ooh - that was an expensive mistake. Isn't it? And yet so lucrative for some.

We should be relieved the people who advised the SPL to press ahead didn't benefit from that mistake in any financial sense.

:lol:

Probably "Murray is accused of leaking info by someone at the SFA leaking info to the sun" ................my take, has sally announced his transfer budget yet? Was more than two weeks ago he had that meeting with Mathers to discuss it? Any news on what funds he may have?

We can only sign free transfers in September.

Yay the transfer budget...

Really? The only logical answer you can think of? I can't help but wonder why the judge had to explain that: "no provision of the Rules enabled the Board of the SPL retrospectively to terminate the registration of the player."

Ooh - that was an expensive mistake. Isn't it? And yet so lucrative for some.

We should be relieved the people who advised the SPL to press ahead didn't benefit from that mistake in any financial sense.

:lol:

rod-mckenzie.jpg Pay up ya bams..

:)

I expect much gnashing of teeth from diddies and plastics alike over our wage budget. Despite not having to play the sporting wing for some time yet.

:)

To be honest that will happen no matter what we do.

Any news on what size of budget the manager may be expected to use for salaries of possible players then?

Ask Hellboy, he'll either know or make it up.

My view/guess is bring in a couple of steady defenders and maybe that young QoS striker and go with that.

So? Have you got a point?

My point is, I just love the Administration / Liquidation debates and get anxious if we stray away from that immensely rich and entertaining topic.

I mean, come on - who the f*** wants to talk about the The Rangers team?

News

Rangers directors aim to plug the leak by forcing out Murray

murray-m_1727234a.jpg

Leak claims ... chairman Malcolm Murray is set to be kicked out

By KENNY McALPINE

Published: 8 hrs ago

BOMBSHELL documents show how outraged Rangers directors accused chairman Malcolm Murray of spilling sensitive information on the club.

The Scottish Sun has seen a copy of explosive minutes from the board showdown at Murray Park where Gers power-brokers voted to sideline him.

They reveal how Murray, 58, was confronted with claims he leaked secrets to ex-director Paul Murray, as well as updates on an internal probe into Ibrox affairs. The papers also say hotel staff and guests overheard private club business when he used his speakerphone to listen to voicemails.

And they suggest board members learned of alleged leaks to newsmen thanks to a tip-off from fans — and the SFA.

Last night a source said: “The majority of the board want him gone. He is clinging on but it is only a matter of time.”

Ibrox chiefs told non-executive director Murray he was facing the axe during the crunch talks at the club’s training base last Monday.

The minutes said: “Given the concerns about confidentiality, credibility and professional conduct and the impact on regulators, a motion was proposed to remove Malcolm from the position of chairman and as director of the company following the completion of the investigation.

“It was decided that Malcolm should not attend to any duties in the meantime and would not be involved in the direction or detail of the investigation.

“The resolution was passed by a majority of shareholders.”

Board members are seething over claims sensitive details were given to former director Paul Murray, 48, who twice failed to snap up the Third Division champs with his Blue Knights consortium.

Gers director Ian Hart, 68, reported receiving info from supporters about secrets being spilled.

And it was claimed Murray leaked a story to the Press because he wasn’t allowed on the podium for the club’s title celebrations with the players and boss Ally McCoist.

Murray also had to deny he was plotting to get rid of £200,000-a-year finance director Brian Stockbridge, 39.

And bosses claim hotel staff heard chat about another colleague’s salary while Murray listened to voicemails on his mobile loudspeaker in front of strangers at breakfast.

rangers_1727238a.jpgBoardroom wrangles ... Ibrox

The minutes seen by The Scottish Sun said: “The SFA mentioned to the acting chief executive (Craig Mather) that the Rangers board situation needed addressing as the SFA understood information was leaking from the chairman.

“Staff reported Malcolm had been revealing details of the investigation following some drinks at the player of the year awards.

“Ian Hart reported he had received communications from fans alleging Malcolm had breached confidentiality by speaking to Paul Murray and also revealing detail about the investigation.

“The acting chief executive reported that the staff at the hotel where he and Malcolm had stayed knew intimate details about the acting chief executive’s remuneration discussions because Malcolm had discussed it.

“In addition, staff had heard Malcolm listening to voicemails on speakerphone while at the public breakfast table.”

Murray has now been told to take a back seat from his duties until the probe into the club is complete.

Departed chief executive Charles Green, 59, brought Murray to the Govan outfit last June when he completed his £5.5million takeover.

Murray, of Ayrshire, who has a fund management background, has little to do with the day-to-day running of the club. But there have been reports of a rift between him and Green — and this was confirmed at the angry summit.

It was revealed Green had given him one month’s notice in February — but this was withdrawn when Murray agreed to QUIT.

Last week’s meeting was attended by Hart, who chaired it, club legend Walter Smith, 65, Stockbridge and Mather, 42.

Murray, Green and non-executive director Bryan Smart, 61, took part via video-link or telephone. Green was involved because he’s still a director until the end of this month. But Phil Cartmell, 62 — also a non-executive director — did not attend.

Last night an insider said: “The majority of the board want Murray out. Some of them — including Walter — feel a bit sorry for him.

imran_1727237a.jpgGone ... Craig Whyte and Imran Ahmad

“It’s pretty much agreed by everyone that he is not suited to be Rangers chairman any more. It is a pity as he IS a real Rangers supporter — but there is no turning the tide for him now.”

If Murray walks he will be the THIRD high-level board member to leave in the past few weeks.

Green quit after we exposed links with shamed ex-owner Craig Whyte. And he felt the heat for calling sidekick Imran Ahmad his ‘Paki friend’.

Commercial chief Ahmad, 43, left a couple of weeks later.

Last night a Rangers spokesman said: “The chairman continues to serve the club as chairman. We will not comment on speculation.”

Murray did not respond to requests for comment.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4925249/Rangers-to-plug-the-leak-by-forcing-out-chairman.html#ixzz2TADtEarJ

"Passed by a majority of shareholders" ? When was that shareholder meeting?

Why are the SFA secretly getting involved in a member clubs board room wranglings?

So? Have you got a point?

A bit off topic regarding Administration / Liquidation, eh?

From Midfield to attack we're alright, it's just defenders we really need and we'll be solid next season.

My point is, I just love the Administration / Liquidation debates and get anxious if we stray away from that immensely rich and entertaining topic.

I mean, come on - who the f*** wants to talk about the The Rangers team?

I agree it is off topic, However, just to humor the lad -briefly- The last time I heard, both Goian and Bocanegra were quoted as looking forward to returning for next season. So, 2 very experienced, though expensive centre-halves. Has the situation with these players changed?

He's moaning about The Rangers fans posting about The Rangers on the The Rangers board.

He's a fud.

fixed that for you. Wouldn't folk to get the impression that it is still the same club.

anyways this thread is about Administration / Liquidation etc.

Best to chat about the irrelevance that is the actual team on threads for that purpose.

Hi ken, just noticed that Aiberdeens releasing 11 players, plus Stephen Hughes and Jordan Brown have been told to find new clubs despite being under contract.

Booming :)

Hi ken, just noticed that Aiberdeens releasing 11 players, plus Stephen Hughes and Jordan Brown have been told to find new clubs despite being under contract.

Booming :)

clearing the way to refresh the squad. Every club does it. Ship out the shite.

with AFC's recent track record, we'll ship in some different shite, I suppose.

admittedly we are nae 'booming' - but we are nae 'bust'

how does that feel again? You having experienced it and all that.