Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

A chance for a Scottish team to win a European cup and what happens, lets hinder them in every way possible and make them play ashitload of games in a few weeks.

Small minded people like you make me sick.

No, let's not damage our own flagship competition and seriously dent the biggest occasion in a member club's entire existence, in order to aid a club desperate to abandon the Scottish game.

That's before we even consider how many of the Rangers fans went on to mark the European occasion.

Believe me pal, the small mind does not belong to me.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

No, let's not damage our own flagship competition and seriously dent the biggest occasion in a member club's entire existence, in order to aid a club desperate to abandon the Scottish game.

That's before we even consider how many of the Rangers fans went on to mark the European occasion.

Believe me pal, the small mind does not belong to me.

Hell we could have played 2 games on the same day, awa and bile yer heid.

What happened that season was a bloody disgrace.

You forget the season was extended to help rangers ? Also a season or so later Fulham were refused a league extension by the FA for the very reason celtic gave "the intergtity of the league"

Integrity?

celtic,The SPL and the SFAs behaviour that season should never be forgotten. From using the tragic death of a footballer to gain an advantage to suggesting they were contracted to tour the far east. It was absolutely shameful.

You know what you are up against when your European opponents manager actually speaks out against the way your own FA are unfairly treating you.

Integrity?

celtic,The SPL and the SFAs behaviour that season should never be forgotten. From using the tragic death of a footballer to gain an advantage to suggesting they were contracted to tour the far east. It was absolutely shameful.

You know what you are up against when your European opponents manager actually speaks out against the way your own FA are unfairly treating you.

Reminds me of that old gem from Roger's Profanisaurus:

"Tearful w**k": When confronted with an individual who is filled with self-pity, to rub ones hand near one's eye while saying "Boohoohoo" and making masturbation gestures with the other hand.

Example:

First man: Celtic,The SPL and the SFAs behaviour that season should never be forgotten.

Second man: (Mock-crying, masturbating gestures) Aw, boohoohoohoo.

You forget the season was extended to help rangers ? Also a season or so later Fulham were refused a league extension by the FA for the very reason celtic gave "the intergtity of the league"

According to HJ the season was not really extended as they have that week left free incase it is needed.

As for the Cup Final...I am sure if TV demanded the game was moved to suit their schedule it would have been moved without a second thought. Moving it to help a member club..or specifically Rangers..not a fucking chance.

As i said...It will never be forgotten by those at Rangers and nobody will ever convince me it was not related to Walter and Ally walking out on Scotland 18 months earlier

Integrity?

You used the tragic death of one of your own family to add colour to the blatant lies you told about me in the John Daly thread.

And are you talking about ex Rangers manager Dick Advocaat speaking out about the way "your own FA are unfairly treating you"?

You're a fucking zoomer.

Reminds me of that old gem from Roger's Profanisaurus:

"Tearful w**k": When confronted with an individual who is filled with self-pity, to rub ones hand near one's eye while saying "Boohoohoo" and making masturbation gestures with the other hand.

Example:

First man: Celtic,The SPL and the SFAs behaviour that season should never be forgotten.

Second man: (Mock-crying, masturbating gestures) Aw, boohoohoohoo.

Never mind eh....You got Po'Ds widow to unfurl your tarnished league flag. Absolutely no shaming you b*****ds.

I remember Po'D leaving celtic and phone ins inundated with celtic supporters wanting him to repay the wages he had picked up while he had been injured. :rolleyes:

You have to laugh at Henrik...He reported me and demanded a ban for merely asking how Martin O'Neils dying wife was getting on. MoN claimed he wanted to spend some private time with his dying wife even though every man and his dog knew she was , thankfully, well on her way to a full recovery.

Reason for ban....Mocking a cancer victim. The saddest part was at that very time my father was actually lying dying in the RAH of lung cancer.

Bitter about it? You fucking better believe i am bitter about it....and 18 months on it still bothers me.

I think when it comes to being a c**t MoN and the likes of HT beat Jardine and McCoist by quite some distance

You're a disgrace.

As for the Cup Final...I am sure if TV demanded the game was moved to suit their schedule it would have been moved without a second thought. Moving it to help a member club..or specifically Rangers..not a fucking chance.

You might be right, but the point is that TV didn't ask for a shift.

Instead, the Chief Execeutive of the SFA suggested it without consulting at least one of the finalists.

It was utterly disgraceful conduct from Smith.

To even suggest such a thing, was absolutely deplorable.

I'm getting angry again, just thinking about it.

Integrity?

The only people greeting about the SFAs correct descision was rangers fans ,ex players , and club media mouthpieces everyone else actually thought rangers were given special treatment that year when they got a season extension to help them out,

And who was this European oppent manager who spoke out agaisnt the SFA? Oh wait , my sides ,,,, that's right fat ex Rangers manager Dick Advocatt .

Suck it up morons you could have taken a year off Zenit would have still pumped you without getting out first gear.

Never mind eh....You got Po'Ds widow to unfurl your tarnished league flag. Absolutely no shaming you b*****ds.

I remember Po'D leaving celtic and phone ins inundated with celtic supporters wanting him to repay the wages he had picked up while he had been injured. :rolleyes:

Poor, poor, poor.

Even if we assume that your zoom-tastic claims are true, for the sake of argument...

Then on the scale of relative unfairness, I'd say that deliberately breaking the rules for a decade in order to sign players you couldn't otherwise afford, and then stiffing everyone you owe money to, would put everything you're beeling about in the shade.

And that's even if we assume that your point is real, rather than a load of irrelevant, made up, boo-hoo woe-is-us aren't we so very hard-done-by balls.

I'd rather moan about the attempt to impact negatively on us, but I suppose I can't grumble too much about this descent into Celtic/Rangers pish, given that I introduced that season to the discussion.

FWIW, O'Donnell's death was a horrible tragedy to afflict a decent young bloke with a young family. I've absolutely no doubt however that Celtic cynically exploited it to their footballing advantage.

Short memory rangers fans eh ?

Wednesday, 13 September, 2000, 10:10 GMT 11:10 UK

Rangers refuse request from Hearts

Dick Advocaat wants to see Rangers play on Sunday

Rangers have denied the club have been deliberately obstructive by refusing to postpone their Premier League match against Hearts on Sunday.

The Tynecastle club return back to Scotland late on Friday afternoon after their Uefa Cup first round game against Stuttgart.

Hearts had asked the Ibrox club to put back the game, but Rangers turned down their request after consultation with manager Dick Advocaat.

But in a similar situation last October the Edinburgh outfit agreed to switch a fixture between the two clubs to help Rangers' Champions League campaign.

Rangers, however, are refusing to budge and believe Hearts have ample time to recover from their excursions on the continent.

Practical football reasons

Rangers' secretary/director Campbell Ogilvie told The Herald: "We were asked by Hearts an hour and half before the Dundee game last Saturday that they would like the game postponed, but for practical football reasons we turned down that request.

"What can't be forgotten is that we contacted Hearts in the first place to tell them we were perfectly happy to have the game moved from the Saturday to the Sunday because of their European commitments.

We felt we wanted to have the game played on Sunday as we have only had two games out of six so far this season played at home, and we would like to have more than that under our belts

Campbell Ogilvie, Ibrox secretary

"We felt we wanted to have the game played on Sunday as we have only had two games out of six so far this season played at home, and we would like to have more than that under our belts.

"The club are keen to get some home games played, and, to be honest we hear that Hearts will stay over in Stuttgart on Thursday and have an early afternoon flight back on Friday.

"So realistically they should get a good night's sleep on Thursday, not have their sleep patterns disrupted, and return again to Edinburgh about four o'clock on Friday afternoon before a game on Sunday, and we didn't see a problem with that."

Seething

However, Rangers' comments and stance over Sunday's game have left the Tynecastle club seething.

Public relations chief executive Douglas Dalgleish said: "We received a request from Rangers last season to postpone the fixture to assist in their Champions League campaign.

"Hearts decided that we would like to see Rangers progress in the tournament because it would be good for everyone in Scottish football and therefore we agreed to the request.

"I'm sure everyone will agree getting back on Friday afternoon is not ideal preparation for a match as important as against Rangers.

I'm sure everyone will agree getting back on Friday afternoon is not ideal preparation for a match as important as against Rangers

Douglas Dalgleish, Hearts' public relations chief executive

"Also there are a lot of important fixtures coming up and we asked for a postponement to allow us to be in better shape for these matches.

"However, Rangers have rejected our request to postpone the match and it's fair to say that we are disappointed, especially in view of the fact that we gave Rangers a similar opportunity last season."

The obsession that knows no bounds from CQN

and some of the educated replies

Quote:

Quote:

A sensible one?

Quote:

237 replies in 5 hours on the swamp.......the obsession seems to be yours.......

Short memory rangers fans eh ?

Wednesday, 13 September, 2000, 10:10 GMT 11:10 UK

Rangers refuse request from Hearts

Dick Advocaat wants to see Rangers play on Sunday

Rangers have denied the club have been deliberately obstructive by refusing to postpone their Premier League match against Hearts on Sunday.

The Tynecastle club return back to Scotland late on Friday afternoon after their Uefa Cup first round game against Stuttgart.

Hearts had asked the Ibrox club to put back the game, but Rangers turned down their request after consultation with manager Dick Advocaat.

But in a similar situation last October the Edinburgh outfit agreed to switch a fixture between the two clubs to help Rangers' Champions League campaign.

Rangers, however, are refusing to budge and believe Hearts have ample time to recover from their excursions on the continent.

Practical football reasons

Rangers' secretary/director Campbell Ogilvie told The Herald: "We were asked by Hearts an hour and half before the Dundee game last Saturday that they would like the game postponed, but for practical football reasons we turned down that request.

"What can't be forgotten is that we contacted Hearts in the first place to tell them we were perfectly happy to have the game moved from the Saturday to the Sunday because of their European commitments.

We felt we wanted to have the game played on Sunday as we have only had two games out of six so far this season played at home, and we would like to have more than that under our belts

Campbell Ogilvie, Ibrox secretary

"We felt we wanted to have the game played on Sunday as we have only had two games out of six so far this season played at home, and we would like to have more than that under our belts.

"The club are keen to get some home games played, and, to be honest we hear that Hearts will stay over in Stuttgart on Thursday and have an early afternoon flight back on Friday.

"So realistically they should get a good night's sleep on Thursday, not have their sleep patterns disrupted, and return again to Edinburgh about four o'clock on Friday afternoon before a game on Sunday, and we didn't see a problem with that."

Seething

However, Rangers' comments and stance over Sunday's game have left the Tynecastle club seething.

Public relations chief executive Douglas Dalgleish said: "We received a request from Rangers last season to postpone the fixture to assist in their Champions League campaign.

"Hearts decided that we would like to see Rangers progress in the tournament because it would be good for everyone in Scottish football and therefore we agreed to the request.

"I'm sure everyone will agree getting back on Friday afternoon is not ideal preparation for a match as important as against Rangers.

I'm sure everyone will agree getting back on Friday afternoon is not ideal preparation for a match as important as against Rangers

Douglas Dalgleish, Hearts' public relations chief executive

"Also there are a lot of important fixtures coming up and we asked for a postponement to allow us to be in better shape for these matches.

"However, Rangers have rejected our request to postpone the match and it's fair to say that we are disappointed, especially in view of the fact that we gave Rangers a similar opportunity last season."

Opposite case. That would have helped Hearts in their match against Rangers, not given them free time before their European game.