Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That's a new definition for me, I am pretty certain the literal translation was "Human beings"

Particulary among the Plains tribes.

Ah, you've seen the movie 'Little Big Man'. Cheyenne = Human beings. A lot of Apache (the plains version being Kiowa btw) refer to themselves as 'Inde' which means people. In truth, most Native American languages don't translate easily to English -not big on grammar- but there are many books/articles where tribe names are translated as 'The people', some 'Our people' and yes, some 'Human beings'. Well done though, wasn't expecting a reply. You do of course realise, I didn't mean it as a serious contribution to the IMO, wholly ridiculous debate on the greater/subliminal meaning of WATP ;)

ETA Having said that, many a battle between the Sioux and the Pawnee for example, was preceded by chants of 'We are the people' and 'You are our enemy'. :lol:

Edited by Apache Don

Did you know that the WATP was originally a Celtic chant, that is true, ask any old boy Celtic fan!!! Also the "billy boys" was a Celtic tune before rangers(IL) b*****dised it and made it offensive and sectarian like they do with many Celtic tunes. "Walk Alone" was also originally sang by rangers(IL) fans.

We Are Total Pish :thumsup2

That's a good un. I also liked Thirdrockfromthesun's little gem 'We Aren't Tax Payers'. Perhaps a chart should be compiled. :lol: Ps. as I greenied Thirdrock, you get one too. :thumsup2

http://www.thecoplandroad.org/2013/06/tom-englishs-apples-and-oranges.html?m=1

"Rangers Football Club is an institution, the flagship of our national game and it was inevitable that our financial collapse was going to prove to be the main story in the crazy little world of Scottish football.

There was no heartfelt sympathy, there was no compassion. High horses were quickly mounted and moral high grounds were claimed in a period when the result of years of jealousy and envy was unleashed onto the watching world as all and sundry lined up for a kick at a fallen giant. "

:lol:

Fucking hell, talk about being up your own arse

http://www.thecoplandroad.org/2013/06/tom-englishs-apples-and-oranges.html?m=1

"Rangers Football Club is an institution, the flagship of our national game and it was inevitable that our financial collapse was going to prove to be the main story in the crazy little world of Scottish football.

There was no heartfelt sympathy, there was no compassion. High horses were quickly mounted and moral high grounds were claimed in a period when the result of years of jealousy and envy was unleashed onto the watching world as all and sundry lined up for a kick at a fallen giant. "

Fucking hell, talk about being up your own arse

:whistle

head_up_ass.jpg

So a quick summary of todays BRALT:-

We Aren't Tax Payers

We Are Total Pish

We Are The Pretenders

We All Talk Pish

We Advice Toilet Paper

We Are Team Phoenix

So a quick summary of todays BRALT:-

We Aren't Tax Payers

We Are Total Pish

We Are The Pretenders

We All Talk Pish

We Advice Toilet Paper

We Are Team Phoenix

Who ate the pies?

We are that poor?

However I am an advocate of the thought that the majority of people are stupid. Just general life observations through dealing in a customer related work place

So in my eyes WATP does hold true

The English translation of Native American tribe names (as chosen by the tribe themselves) is in many cases 'The People'. Conversely, the names given to tribes by other tribes, often translate as 'Enemy'. Eg 'Sioux' means enemy and 'Lakota' (same tribe) means the people. Hope this clears everything up for everyone. :rolleyes:

Actually, the vast majority of those who unwittingly use the WATP slogan are totally unaware that it originates from Psalm 95: 6-7. :)

6864198339_6ae94d8a41_z.jpgpsalm_95_6_7_come_let_us_worship_and_bow

Edited by Saor Alba