Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

*** is sectarian now? Smh

Depends on context. If you say "I see the Buns are totally fvcked", that's fine.

If you rattle some Orc round the head while shouting "You Buns are totally fvcked", that's assault with a sectarian aggravation.

Same as "Chinese" or "French", basically. Entirely acceptable, unless you're battering someone and calling them a Chinese/French barstard or suchlike.

It goes hand in hand with the KAT graffiti on the other walls.What happens over the water is best left over there as no one using that word on here is killing anyone.

Nobody said they were. What a ridiculous comment. The fact is posters do casually use a provocative sectarian insult on a daily basis. It seems some appear ignorant to its sectarian origins. Even after it being spelt out to them on numerous occasions they still use....i doubt they are all bigots and i am sure some would rather know and cease using that term.

You obviously missed the BBC3 Programme covering the recent unrest. Maybe though you could explain the KAH grafiti? In your own time of course.

There is a reason the H word is banned. Trying to get around the word filter is against P&B rules.

just for the record. Ignorance is not a defence

Is KAH not a throwback to the World Wars, is it not a Winston Churchill quote suporting our brave troops heros?

Nobody said they were. What a ridiculous comment. The fact is posters do casually use a provocative sectarian insult on a daily basis. It seems some appear ignorant to its sectarian origins. Even after it being spelt out to them on numerous occasions they still use....i doubt they are all bigots and i am sure some would rather know and cease using that term.

Ridiculous why? If someone calls me a 'H without the busfare' my first thought isn't a scrawled bit of graffiti on a Belfast wall.

Certainly far more sectarian than WATP or No Surrender or adding the odd H in Bhairnforever, yet we have been accused on this very thread of being bigots for using such things, the Ds and Ps certainly fly their double standards high, ok look I just said something else sectarian.

To be fair, however, anyone beyond the age of majority who has mental capacity is fair game to be accused of being bigots if they support a football club that fostered and exploited it.

What a load of pish. It's origin is not sectarian at all, it is a derogatry word for a rangers fan, nothing to do with any brand of mumbo jumbo.

Stop trying to further infect Scotland with this NI rubbish.

Did the term not originate from a newspaper report likening the old Rangers on a European campaign to "**** marching through Europe"?

A compliment given that under Attila the **** were more than a formidable fighting force, aided greatly by their invention of the stirrup which gave them a huge tactical advantage when fighting on horseback.

What a load of pish. It's origin is not sectarian at all, it is a derogatry word for a rangers fan, nothing to do with any brand of mumbo jumbo.

Stop trying to further infect Scotland with this NI rubbish.

Words don't always stick to their origins of course. And you can't blame NI for sectarianism in Scotland.

It's been deemed to be sectarian. There are plenty of other words folk can use - as we've seen already.

Dave, Ally never slaughtered the cashcow, he swapped it for dud has beens on the way to market. Now there's nowt left.

#itworkedforjackbutnotsally

Thinking not in past tense mate, the future is a dark dangerous place. ;)

#orcbankaccountrape

Did the term not originate from a newspaper report likening the old Rangers on a European campaign to "**** marching through Europe"?

A compliment given that under Attila the **** were more than a formidable fighting force, aided greatly by their invention of the stirrup which gave them a huge tactical advantage when fighting on horseback.

I was under the impression the **** were a formidable fighting force due to their overwhelming numbers.

Words don't always stick to their origins of course. And you can't blame NI for sectarianism in Scotland.

It's been deemed to be sectarian. There are plenty of other words folk can use - as we've seen already.

As I pointed out earlier, it's sectarian when used in conjunction with a criminal offence. Otherwise, it's the same as "Russian" or "fat" or "gay" - a perfectly acceptable term for an actually-existing thing, so long as you're not using it in the context of harassment or a fight.

But there's an easy test here. Which Scottish supporters refer to Celtic fans with derogatory terms for Catholics? Your lot do, and practically nobody else.

Who uses the word "Hvns" to refer to Rangers fans? Fans of every other team in Scotland.

I think we can conclude from this that while the Catholic-baiting terms basically mean "untermenschen", the word "Hvn" means "Rangers supporter". Moreover, it commonly means a particular subset of the Rangers support. I imagine you know which ones I'm talking about here.

I realise that Rangers fans who want to claim some kind of victimhood think this is unfair, but that's by the by. Reality is what it is and the fact that you don't like it is neither here nor there.

Quite possibly but the use of the stirrup gave quite an advantage when fighting on horseback, as you'd imagine. The stability offered would allow quicker reactions and give a better platform to generate more force in strikes.

As I pointed out earlier, it's sectarian when used in conjunction with a criminal offence. Otherwise, it's the same as "Russian" or "fat" or "gay" - a perfectly acceptable term for an actually-existing thing, so long as you're not using it in the context of harassment or a fight.

But there's an easy test here. Which Scottish supporters refer to Celtic fans with derogatory terms for Catholics? Your lot do, and practically nobody else.

Who uses the word "Hvns" to refer to Rangers fans? Fans of every other team in Scotland.

I think we can conclude from this that while the Catholic-baiting terms basically mean "untermenschen", the word "Hvn" means "Rangers supporter". Moreover, it commonly means a particular subset of the Rangers support. I imagine you know which ones I'm talking about here.

I realise that Rangers fans who want to claim some kind of victimhood think this is unfair, but that's by the by. Reality is what it is and the fact that you don't like it is neither here nor there.

But it's not just a term for Rangers supporters. Hearts fans in particular get referred to, especially by bigoted sections of the Celtic support, as "H*ns without the bus fare" and the like. Why? Because they perceive Hearts as the Protestant team in Edinburgh.

I believe using the abbreviation of Timothy for Celtic fans is banned on here as well. But I'm not going to whinge about it. Get a life and use some of the many other words available.

Edited by Bearwithme

But it's not just a term for Rangers supporters. Hearts fans in particular get referred to, especially by bigoted sections of the Celtic support, as "H*ns without the bus fare" and the like. Why? Because they perceive Hearts as the Protestant team in Edinburgh.

I believe using the abbreviation of Timothy for Celtic fans is banned on here as well. But I'm not going to whinge about it. Get a life and use some of the many other words available.

I think there's a bit more to the Celtic-Hearts thing than that the Jambos are seen as "the Protestant team", but it's an irrelevant distraction so let's leave it at that.

We can test this in reality, you know. Try dropping the H-word into a conversation about football with any non-Rangers fan, and I guarantee you that nobody will bat an eyelash.

Try that with a few of your fans' affectionate terms for Catholics, and almost everyone will react like you've pished in their pints.

We both know this is true, and we both know that this is because the word Hvn is universally used to mean "Rangers supporter". Pretending otherwise won't make it less true.

I think the **** have an unfair image portrayed of them, when you think about how much of the known continents they controlled during their time they must have had a great deal of social advancement and evolution in civilisation. It's certainly unfair to liken them to the scummy types who marauded through Manchester.

I think there's a bit more to the Celtic-Hearts thing than that the Jambos are seen as "the Protestant team", but it's an irrelevant distraction so let's leave it at that.

We can test this in reality, you know. Try dropping the H-word into a conversation about football with any non-Rangers fan, and I guarantee you that nobody will bat an eyelash.

Try that with a few of your fans' affectionate terms for Catholics, and almost everyone will react like you've pished in their pints.

We both know this is true, and we both know that this is because the word Hvn is universally used to mean "Rangers supporter". Pretending otherwise won't make it less true.

You'll try to ignore the Hearts point because it doesn't suit your agenda. Maybe you'll try to ignore the KAH-type stuff as well. Why are you so desperate to cling to this particular insult?

Not sure what word you mean but I can guess and your own fans refer to themselves by the same word, quite often, somehow I do not think it would be acceptable for Rangers fans or anyone else for the matter to refer to use that word even in singular terms.

I don't think that regurgitation of the old "how come black people can use the N-word but I get dirty looks when I scream it at my son's school football match" argument is going to clarify the issue, somehow.