Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers manager Ally McCoist: I'll take a pay cut to stop Ibrox club going into administration again

11 Aug 2013 08:04

THE Rangers boss would accept a wage drop to save the club with fresh fears over their finances.

Rangers-Ally-McCoist-2121412.jpg

Rangers manager McCoist

PA

ALLY McCoist last night admitted he’d be prepared to take a pay cut to stop Rangers’ finances hitting the skids again.

The Ibrox boss has been assured by his beleaguered board the club is NOT teetering on the brink of another insolvency event, despite claims by former director Dave King they could be in administration again by Christmas.

Ominously, however, McCoist claimed King and former chairman Alastair Johnston – who also raised concerns over corporate governance last week – are respected voices and should be listened to.

After a week when the club’s finances have come under severe scrutiny by the fans, McCoist’s salary of around £700,000 hasn’t escaped attention.

“So if someone said to me your wage bill is too high or your staff is too high, then that’s fine I can react to that. But until that comes it’s not my gig.”

So each month when Ally opens the payslip to see over £33,000 :D has been put into his bank account he will say "but I am worth it, even if we do lose to diddy teams like Forfar".

Good value for money? Discuss :o

Edited by thelegendthatis

I love her to bits HT but not that much :D

She was in the club deck on Saturday, wearing my red and black scarf, looked dam good in it too.

I know it is still the summer, but was she not a wee bit chilly, wearing just a scarf?

If Sally had a accepted a modest, but still excessive salary for a lower league manager, of something in the region of 250k pa, then sevco would be something in the region of 10m better off. :blink:

And he gets his holidays paid for. Some gig.

So, to recap, then...

Acceptable - Sporting Wing, Abhergreen, Dundee Hibernian, "terrorist lovers", shaking hands with actual terrorists. Oh, not forgetting wishing the death of honest football clubs.

Unacceptable - made-up word used, in a jocular fashion, to lighten the impact of description of Killie chairman. Not actually directed at ICBINR or its fans.

If I thought I had actually caused offence, or this was anything but faux-outrage in a desperate atttempt to deflect from the trouble at ibrox, I'd apologise.

As it's actually a pathetic wee attempt at point-scoring, you can both f**k off.

Of course, WKR, you pour out your sectarian hate and we are expected to accept it's 'jocular'. But, since we know you were exposed to hate-think at six years old - no one really blames you for how you became filled with hate for protestants, but it's difficult to accept the behaviour now you have an adult choice to make on the subject.

The apple never falls too far from the tree, they say, but you can still make that change. If you want to.

Of course, WKR, you pour out your sectarian hate and we are expected to accept it's 'jocular'. But, since we know you were exposed to hate-think at six years old - no one really blames you for how you became filled with hate for protestants, but it's difficult to accept the behaviour now you have an adult choice to make on the subject.

The apple never falls too far from the tree, they say, but you can still make that change. If you want to.

Wow. :(

Remind us all then, you thick bigot, where I was when I first felt uncomfortable with the "extras" which went along with the Ugly Sisters?

sent from my tablet - criticism of spelling invalid for the duration of this contribution...

Worryingly Antagonistic Type Post

:huh:

Oh, I can see his point -obviously my visceral hatred for followers of a different sect of the same religion was what led me to marry a CofE churchgoer, and take it to another level by fathering another four of them. Who were all christened in a CofE church, by a CofE clergyman. Oh aye, the evidence is overwhelming.:lol:

sent from my tablet - criticism of spelling invalid for the duration of this contribution...

Well, I've been accusing you lately of posting a lot of repetitive, tedious, predictable stuff on a loop.

The downright nastiness of the above marks a departure though. Get a grip man - that's ridiculous stuff.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

By the way, how much did the Red & Black scarves contribute to the RFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?

Zero

http://www.redblackrangers.com/

Any additional funds will go directly to Rangers Fighting Fund. In NO way will the Red and Black Scarf Campaign profit from this!

Haven't heard anything from the Fighting Fund in a while, not since the embarrassment comments aimed at Dundee United. Keeping in mind this group claim to have £600,000 of fans money

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17543328

And guess who is on the committee

http://www.rangersfansfightingfund.com/

Walter Smith

Ally McCoist

Sandy Jardine

Jim Hannah

Andy McCormick

Robert Roddie

William Montgomery

Mark Dingwall

Dick Spence

Andrew Kerr

David McCutcheon

John McKee

Jim Riddell

That website hasn't been updated in a while I notice, originally they were going to use the cash to help pay back the creditors who had been ripped off by dignity FC and help keep the club going during administration.

So what is the point of keeping this money?

We know, they only used small amounts of pay some creditors back, we know it wasn't used to help keep the old Rangers on the go.

Here is a wee extract from a meeting last year

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=364675193572785&id=140078029409802

2. The money will be lodged in a bank account under the name of the Rangers Assembly and will not belong to Rangers FC.

5. It was made very clear that the Club needs this money now and will continue to need funds until such time as a new owner is identified and takes over running of the Club. This will particularly be the case if the process of the new owner isnt in place before the end of the Season. The close season is particularly difficult given lack of income from games.

So what are they doing with this money, apart from allowing it to collect interest?

Well, I've been accusing you lately of posting a lot of repetitive, tedious, predictable stuff on a loop.

The downright nastinessof the above marks a departure though. Get a grip man - that's ridiculous stuff.

Too late for that I fear.

It seems the seethe has taken over and grips him to his core. He's just vindictively lashing out at anyone and everyone but the latest effort was particularly disturbing.

Edited by AberdeenBud

Your going to have to show your working on that one, Tedi.

I would have thought the

• This is a limited time offer.. All funds go towards the RFFF!

Was a bit of a give away

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Who will benefit from this Fund

100% of the funds generated through the purchasing of the Red and Black scarves will go towards buying tickets for future home games. The tickets will then be given to children’s charities, schools, football clubs, BBs, etc, throughout Glasgow.

• 100% of the profits will go towards buying Rangers Tickets
  • Tickets will be given to school headmasters
  • ny surplus cash will be used to purchase Rising Star tickets at the last match of the season.
  • We will spend all funds raised on Purchasing tickets