Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Why did nobody warn us?

Rangers hit back at claims they could go into administration again 10 Oct 2012 07:34

JON PRITCHARD, a pal of former bidder Bill Miller, claims that more insolvency issues could follow for the club if it doesn't live within its means.

Bill%20Miller-1370447.jpg
Bill Miller is a former Rangers bidder

CLUB 9 Sports chief Jon Pritchard has spoken of his fears for Rangers’ future as he outlined the reasons pal Bill Miller pulled out of buying the club.

Pritchard, who continued to work with Miller even though the Tennessee towing truck magnate had distanced himself from Club 9, insisted in an article carried by financial magazine Forbes that more insolvency issues could follow.

But last night Ibrox chairman Malcolm Murray, blasted back at the claims and branded them “ill-informed scaremongering”.

Pritchard said: “When Bill came within an eyelash of buying the club back in May, lots of people wanted to know why he decided not to acquire Rangers.

“The deal came down to the numbers – and the numbers just didn’t add up. Revenues were in a freefall.

“The most important revenue stream to Rangers, season-tickets, was projected to be down by 20 per cent.

“Without the ability to significantly reduce overhead expenses, a commercially reasonable turnaround of Rangers FC wasn’t feasible.

“From Bill’s perspective, there appeared no possible return on his considerable investment. I agreed with his assessment.

“It’s an opportunity for someone with great wealth and a love of football and/or Scotland to give away tens and tens of millions of pounds. Unless some major, systemic changes occur within the UK and European football leagues, I don’t think the Rangers math works.”

Pritchard detailed what must be done to avert, what he believes to be another impending crisis.

He added: “It may be unpopular and an affront to the personal sensibilities of some but Rangers needs to learn to live within its means.

“It’s time to cut the fat from every department and rebuild an organisation that values every pound and demands a return on all expenses. If Charles Green is not willing to face the fans, explain the economics and risk the torrent of abuse in the short term, Rangers will shortly be back in the same place.”

But Murray said: “The last time Mr Pritchard had sight of any financial information about Rangers was many months ago. His article is ill informed, misleading and scaremongering.

“There is no risk of the club going into administration and any suggestion otherwise is scandalous.”

_60100489_miller_protest1_sns.jpg

Edited by AberdeenBud

My mate said to me when I told him the share issue was doomed to failure:

"You're a fucking idiot mate, look at Man Utd and Arsenal - they sell shares too. Are you saying that they are fucked as well?"

:lol::lol::lol:

Then on Saturday:

"The quicker we buy some players and get out of this league the quicker we can start to make some money"

:1eye:1eye

Honestly, this attitude I would say is reflective of the Sevco fans I know.

Do you know the aphorism, "Birds of a feather"?

Did you know Eire granted the RAF permission to fly their Flying Boats through a narrow stretch of land (The Donegal Corridor) between Lower Lough Erne and the North Atlantic from RAF Castle Archdale so these Flying Boats could search the waters around the convoys for U-Boats?. This was a secret agreement between the Irish and British governments.

This U-Boats refueling in Eire is a myth. The only neutral European country that allowed the U-Boats to refuel was Spain where U-Boats would refuel at Vigo though likely without official permission from the Spanish and only then under cover of darkness after which the U-Boat would leave immediately.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/fisk/robert-fisk-german-uboats-refuelled-in-ireland-surely-not-2356105.html

There truly is 0% to do with football in this post. Like nothing at all.

Willie, nice chat to you again. I'll split your reply in to 2 parts, if I may?

All the best to your team. The first time my auld man took me to Ibrox was in the 60s and we got gubbed 2-0 with Sandy Jardine at right back. The first time I took my my son to a 'big game' was at Pittodrie where you were beaten 3-1 by Hearts..

I haven't a problem with Aberdeen.

Yes I bump my gums about The Williamite Revolution. Mostly folk disagree with me and that is fine. However, I express those views as personal opinions rather than saying they represent opinions of other Bears.

I said this already but we Rangers fans are a broad kirk and shouldn't be stereotyped.

Yeah, we may disagree but it is fun.

Now who does newclub owe 3.4 mill to? No debt was the scoff at admin 2.0, looks like we've solved that problem. Party hats getting dusted off as we speak.

Yes, that makes sense.

Are you going to explain what you mean or not? Educate me.

No problem.

1. 'Aphorism' = a pithy saying.

2. 'Birds of a feather' - short for 'Birds of a feather flock together' - an aphorism meaning, people of a like mind congregate.

3. Your mate is a thick twat. Clearly you and he are well matched.

Did you really need to ask?

No problem.

1. 'Aphorism' = a pithy saying.

2. 'Birds of a feather' - short for 'Birds of a feather flock together' - an aphorism meaning, people of a like mind congregate.

3. Your mate is a thick twat. Clearly you and he are well matched.

Did you really need to ask?

Is that why you go to Ibrox with 50,000 similarly minded people every 2 weeks?

Are you outing yourself as a bigot here K?

Except he did not, I smiled thinking about the responses the share trade would bring from various different P & Bers, are you now calling me a liar?

Wouldn't dream of it Ted.

Can I humbly suggest you acquire one of those grip things though? You're starting to make Bennett look rational.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Of course you are a LIAR Tedi .. you have a long history of making a total chunt of yourself and then trying to deny it. Shall we refresh your memory MR FIVESTARS !!!

How do Dheny and long time no hear buddy :) the wee smiley is not because I'm pleased to read your posts but more along the line of what Tedi will think of when he reads this post :1eye .