Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Tedi already knows most of the detail of stuff he asks for clarification on, or requests 'have you got a link?' etc etc.

it is his modus operandi to drag any debate round and round in ever decreasing 'Tedi-ous' circles, so everybody else gives up with the futility of it.

Like negotiating with a chimp over a banana, to use this week's top phrase.

For what it's worth, a few years ago I got involved in a game with a chimp at Drayton Manor Park, involving a very long, very thin twig, honestly, it was one of the best moments of my life, lasting around 45 minutes, and we really made a connection. The poor bugger was in a huge enclosure, all on his own, he must have been bored shitless, and he was utterly distraught when the wife came to find me and dragged me away from my new pal.

Anyhoo, is it not obvious that The Rangers real financial problems currently stem from the fact that they are a diddy club trying to kid their fans, themselves and the rest of us (but we're no biting) that they are the biggest club in Scotland (or the world, depending on who you listen to).

Anyhoo, is it not obvious that The Rangers real financial problems currently stem from the fact that they are a diddy club trying to kid their fans, themselves and the rest of us (but we're no biting) that they are the biggest club in Scotland (or the world, depending on who you listen to).

Yup!

Tedi already knows most of the detail of stuff he asks for clarification on, or requests 'have you got a link?' etc etc. 

it is his modus operandi to drag any debate round and round in ever decreasing 'Tedi-ous' circles, so everybody else gives up with the futility of it.

Like negotiating with a chimp over a banana, to use this week's top phrase.

For what it's worth, a few years ago I got involved in a game with a chimp at Drayton Manor Park, involving a very long, very thin twig, honestly, it was one of the best moments of my life, lasting around 45 minutes, and we really made a connection. The poor bugger was in a huge enclosure, all on his own, he must have been bored shitless, and he was utterly distraught when the wife came to find me and dragged me away from my new pal.

Indeed.

They were never equipped to handle 'the journey'. They can barely afford to run Ibrox and MP on lower league income let alone pay a manager 750k pa and have directors getting 100% bonuses for promotion. Hence the 'Armaggeddon' campaign to have them installed to the SPL and then SFL1.

What I really don't understand is why they have continued to splurge cash in the lower leagues? Why didn't they front up to the fans and say, because of our limited income and expensive overheads we're going to have to operate an extremely tight budget until we make it to the top flight or we may not survive?

Instead they've reportedly been doubling the wages of SPL journeymen and finding ever more farcical ways to spend money. I just don't get it?

Sorry to interrupt here, but as a concerned citizen of East Dunbartonshire, can anyone update me on the current situation with Murray Park? I was under the impression it was a joint venture with either EDC or GCC and wouldn't be subjected to housing development.

Cheers.

No way can it be used for housing development. Even if the local Council agrees planning. Sports Scotland and Fields in Trust will always lodge a protest when any playing fields are being lost. Even if as a joint venture with the Council still has to stay within the rules - and the law.

This means the plans would go to the Scottish Government to make a ruling. The default will always be to say no.

Indeed.

They were never equipped to handle 'the journey'. They can barely afford to run Ibrox and MP on lower league income let alone pay a manager 750k pa and have directors getting 100% bonuses for promotion. Hence the 'Armaggeddon' campaign to have them installed to the SPL and then SFL1.

What I really don't understand is why they have continued to splurge cash in the lower leagues? Why didn't they front up to the fans and say, because of our limited income and expensive overheads we're going to have to operate an extremely tight budget until we make it to the top flight or we may not survive?

Instead they've reportedly been doubling the wages of SPL journeymen and finding ever more farcical ways to spend money. I just don't get it?

The fans would never have accepted that. 'They Are The Peepul'

also the IPO money and all related finances is not even designed to run a football club.

it is designed by Whyte / Green and all the other vultures to run a football club into the ground and to syphon off as much as possible into the aforesaid vultures' pension pots.

Somebody should have warned The Peepul.....

As Rangers inevitably soar past the fife rent-boys, I do hope their support can find a crumb of comfort in the opinions as fact miracle. After all, as the decades of mediocrity roll by, and Masterton's rent demands ensure even Doncasters land of milk and honey seems little more than an illusion on the horizon, they might need it.

Do you think herz will make it to become rent-boys II?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:whistle

Sorry to interrupt here, but as a concerned citizen of East Dunbartonshire, can anyone update me on the current situation with Murray Park? I was under the impression it was a joint venture with either EDC or GCC and wouldn't be subjected to housing development.

Cheers.

I'm not aware that Murray Park is a "joint venture" but I believe planning permission for housing would be difficult if not impossible to obtain.

Yes dave, I would need something to go on

Played, Tedi. :)

Just in case you didn't know my friend, the WKR is on your case about some guy you wished the bad death upon. He's asked me to comment and I'll happily do so once we confirm it's the same guy were talking about.

My guess is it's the same guy - IRA writer/plastic blogger/plastic & diddy hero/seller of rehashed blogs/known liar to the willingly stupid/TAL enemy.

I honestly thought once they had raised the IPO money that their clumpany was safe and secure. This whole fiasco that unfolded is like an early Christmas present.

I can't see them in administration by Christmas but they are definitely on a slippery slope towards a cliff's edge yet again,

Here's a little insight for you. There is no chance they could ever have raised the £22m they claimed, and I can say that it will almost certainly be part of a short selling scam. We'll have to wait till the IPO has been out for a year before we can make accurate predictions about where things are going in terms of admin.

Easy, the asset strippers are still in charge and making a play for the assets, SportsDirect.com arena etc.

To get their hands on those assets they had to get the club to a position where the pot was emptying fast and survival of the club depends on the realisation of assets. Austerity will begin when there is nothing left to take and the shysters can keep hoovering up the 'bears' cash throught rent.

They've nearly wrung out the cloth now, all that's left to do is stick a bucket under the leak and collect the 'bears' cash monthly.

Played, Tedi. :)

Just in case you didn't know my friend, the WKR is on your case about some guy you wished the bad death upon. He's asked me to comment and I'll happily do so once we confirm it's the same guy were talking about.

My guess is it's the same guy - IRA writer/plastic blogger/plastic & diddy hero/seller of rehashed blogs/known liar to the willingly stupid/TAL enemy.

For the avoidance of doubt and page upon page of posturing bullshit,you are all talking about

Phil Mac Giolla Bhain | Phil McGillivan | Phil Gillivan (You can pick which one suits your Blue/Green agenda)

I'm convinced this could easily be the case as all indicators point to this scenario being played out.

The Bears will be of another opinion no doubt .. starting with Timmy propaganda .. now where have I heard that before?

That is why those 'bears' make the perfect marks, they do everything in their power to ignore the obvious. I'd love to sell them a car.

Just for reference before I nod off. I think you're misunderstanding a lease back tedi.

It's not a loan against an assert. The assumption is your stadium would never be your clubs again. And you would pay to play there... Forever.

Raith Rovers fans could give you a full explanation.

That is why those 'bears' make the perfect marks, they do everything in their power to ignore the obvious. I'd love to sell them a car.

True.

Maybe a tad over sympathetic however the current exploitation of football fans being allowed at ibrox with the consented silence of the footballing authorities and mainstream media is absolutely staggering.

However any attempt by either to challenge it would result in broken windaes by the very people they would be trying to "protect".

It's also remarkable that the general feeling from the Rangers support is that Charlotte is the enemy! Any other "business" I'm sure they would think twice about putting money into it given her revelations however it appears they really would rather not know!

All in the name of football, aye right!

I suspect many of those that genuinely were only in it for the football have already walked away.

I'm not aware that Murray Park is a "joint venture" but I believe planning permission for housing would be difficult if not impossible to obtain.

I was sure there was an agreement with some sports quango or something, the more I think about it the council weren't involved.

I was sure there was an agreement with some sports quango or something, the more I think about it the council weren't involved.

Aye, Sport Scotland IIRC.

What's the set up at raith?

When the Rovers were "reclaimed" in 2005 a separate company was set up to own the stadium. This was either funded by a far east based business man or he was guarantor for the loan to buy it which, to my knowledge, was just over £1m.

This released funds to the club which ensured we could pay off our bank debts, saving us from definite admin and likely liquidation.

8 years on the original loan is still pretty much the same level and we pay in the region of 4k a month in an "interest only" payment. At our level, the cost of between 2 and 4 players. We are still responsible for all aspects of the stadium upkeep and maintenance.

I'm not sure when the lease is up for renegotiation but we are suitably assured that the businessman is sympathetic to Rovers and wants to see football at Stark Park. That, combined with the current housing market, mean that the land would have little value as something other than a football pitch.

All in all, it was the only option available to us at the time, however it has, and will continue to for some time, been a significant handicap to us being able to put a competitive side on the park.

Edit - spelling!

Edited by Double Jack D