Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ally McCoist calls for end to Ibrox boardroom battles

2516574755.jpg

Rangers manager Teflon Sally. Picture: SNS

• by MARTIN HANNAN

Published on the17August

FINISH it. Get this boardroom business done and dusted now, we all just want to concentrate on football.

In as many words, that was the verdict of Rangers manager Ally McCoist when asked yesterday about the power struggle and unseemly squabbling among the Ibrox overseers.

Tuesday’s crucial board meeting could see the end of Charles Green as a consultant for Rangers. But if chief executive Craig Mather sacks him – legally, he is the one to wield the axe – as has been mooted, will the board with Green’s allies on it back or sack Mather?

Reports that Rangers’ finances are not as sound as the fans thought, plus the fact that pay cuts are being sought – and have taken place – among senior staff, are almost minor considerations as the boardroom war continues.

The re-emergence of Green and his Yorkshire bluntness that infuriated McCoist, the resignation of Walter Smith as chairman, the legal threats from Imran Ahmad and the sale of his 2.2 million shares, and now Tuesday’s board meeting to effectively get rid of Green despite his large shareholding – there’s more excitement in the Blue Room than on the Ibrox pitch, and the manager is heartily sick of it all.

“It dominates the vast majority of my life,” said McCoist. “I just want to come in here and talk about our team playing well, hopefully, and looking forward to cup runs, that stuff.

“I think we all want it finished with a happy outcome for the football club and then we can all move on.

“Everybody [wants it concluded], including fans from other clubs. I know a lot of people not just from our club and support want an end to it, so that we can just talk about football.”

He probably never said a truer word, and there was a frank admission from McCoist that, even though he could lift a finger and the Ibrox faithful would do whatever he asked, he will not be tempted to intervene before Tuesday.

“A manager has to know his place,” said McCoist. “I’ve had that view for a great number of years.

“I am a shareholder and a fan, but I understand my responsibilities as a manager, and that’s to create a winning team and squad, and also to create calm within the football club and run the football club as best I can, and that’s what I am continuing to do.

“It is a board meeting, involving the board, I am not on the board so it is nothing to do with me in that respect.

“Has there ever been a Rangers manager who started bumping his gums about the board and what they should do at board meetings? I don’t think so, and I don’t think it’s my place.”

McCoist is being at least disingenuous with these words because he has such huge influence at the club, especially after the departure of Smith.

It is clear the manager has formed a working relationship with Mather and wants Green gone, not least because Mather and he need to co-operate in finding the “forward and defender” that McCoist feels he needs to sign before the end of the transfer embargo on 1 September when he will be able to play the full squad of players.

“The process is very much still ongoing,” said McCoist. “I do fully appreciate that Craig is extremely busy with other stuff as well.

“He knows my views on it, in terms of getting players in, and he’s very respectful of those views. He’s done nothing but his best to help me in terms of bringing players in so it’s very much ongoing.”

The players all know that the changed situation after 1 September will mean some going in and others going out of the first XI. McCoist said: “The fact of the matter is that, if the boys play really, really well between now and 1 September, they have got to make a case for me being able to pick them and make it extremely difficult for me to leave them out of the team.

“I hope I’ve created a problem that all managers would want to have and that is team selection. If I’ve given myself a headache with that then I’m delighted, crazy as that may seem. That means I’ll have competition for places and one or two players not happy at not playing.”

McCoist has an ideal team in mind “but that will be open to change in the next few weeks”.

If he can get the team he wants and they make it all the way back to Scotland’s top league, McCoist is in no doubt about the status his men will achieve: “They would certainly be legends in my eyes, the ones that we brought in and the ones who have stuck with it.”

First up, however, is the next instalment of the soap opera in the boardroom, and a “love-in” is not in the script.

tumblr_lkbahxSELN1qglrwm.gif

2516574755.jpg

Rangers manager Teflon Sally. Picture: SNS

• by MARTIN HANNAN

Published on the17August

FINISH it. Get this boardroom business done and dusted now, we all just want to concentrate on football.

In as many words, that was the verdict of Rangers manager Ally McCoist when asked yesterday about the power struggle and unseemly squabbling among the Ibrox overseers.

Tuesday’s crucial board meeting could see the end of Charles Green as a consultant for Rangers. But if chief executive Craig Mather sacks him – legally, he is the one to wield the axe – as has been mooted, will the board with Green’s allies on it back or sack Mather?

Reports that Rangers’ finances are not as sound as the fans thought, plus the fact that pay cuts are being sought – and have taken place – among senior staff, are almost minor considerations as the boardroom war continues.

The re-emergence of Green and his Yorkshire bluntness that infuriated McCoist, the resignation of Walter Smith as chairman, the legal threats from Imran Ahmad and the sale of his 2.2 million shares, and now Tuesday’s board meeting to effectively get rid of Green despite his large shareholding – there’s more excitement in the Blue Room than on the Ibrox pitch, and the manager is heartily sick of it all.

“It dominates the vast majority of my life,” said McCoist. “I just want to come in here and talk about our team playing well, hopefully, and looking forward to cup runs, that stuff.

“I think we all want it finished with a happy outcome for the football club and then we can all move on.

“Everybody [wants it concluded], including fans from other clubs. I know a lot of people not just from our club and support want an end to it, so that we can just talk about football.”

He probably never said a truer word, and there was a frank admission from McCoist that, even though he could lift a finger and the Ibrox faithful would do whatever he asked, he will not be tempted to intervene before Tuesday.

“A manager has to know his place,” said McCoist. “I’ve had that view for a great number of years.

“I am a shareholder and a fan, but I understand my responsibilities as a manager, and that’s to create a winning team and squad, and also to create calm within the football club and run the football club as best I can, and that’s what I am continuing to do.

“It is a board meeting, involving the board, I am not on the board so it is nothing to do with me in that respect.

“Has there ever been a Rangers manager who started bumping his gums about the board and what they should do at board meetings? I don’t think so, and I don’t think it’s my place.”

McCoist is being at least disingenuous with these words because he has such huge influence at the club, especially after the departure of Smith.

It is clear the manager has formed a working relationship with Mather and wants Green gone, not least because Mather and he need to co-operate in finding the “forward and defender” that McCoist feels he needs to sign before the end of the transfer embargo on 1 September when he will be able to play the full squad of players.

“The process is very much still ongoing,” said McCoist. “I do fully appreciate that Craig is extremely busy with other stuff as well.

“He knows my views on it, in terms of getting players in, and he’s very respectful of those views. He’s done nothing but his best to help me in terms of bringing players in so it’s very much ongoing.”

The players all know that the changed situation after 1 September will mean some going in and others going out of the first XI. McCoist said: “The fact of the matter is that, if the boys play really, really well between now and 1 September, they have got to make a case for me being able to pick them and make it extremely difficult for me to leave them out of the team.

“I hope I’ve created a problem that all managers would want to have and that is team selection. If I’ve given myself a headache with that then I’m delighted, crazy as that may seem. That means I’ll have competition for places and one or two players not happy at not playing.”

McCoist has an ideal team in mind “but that will be open to change in the next few weeks”.

If he can get the team he wants and they make it all the way back to Scotland’s top league, McCoist is in no doubt about the status his men will achieve: “They would certainly be legends in my eyes, the ones that we brought in and the ones who have stuck with it.”

First up, however, is the next instalment of the soap opera in the boardroom, and a “love-in” is not in the script.

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Edited by Fotbawmad

. . . because Mather and he need to co-operate in finding the “forward and defender” that McCoist feels he needs to sign before the end of the transfer embargo on 1 September when . . . .

Rangers will continue to progress back to the top irrespective of your diddy urges one way or another. Rest assured that when sourcing information about said progress - the plastics and diddy liars and bhigots on here isn't where I go.

FFS :lol:

Shit. Is the bingo back on?

I'll need to look out my card. I'm sure I've got some of these.

But we will be top for many years to come ... with ICT and Ross County chasing us hard ....

The guys on Radio Scotland were busy yesterday trying to push that line, anyone who disagreed was a pure bigot n aww rat :lol:

If I wanted Rangers to prosper, I'd certainly urge you to listen to sources from outside Ibrox, given recent history.

As it is though, I'm delighted that you're prepared only to get your 'truth' directly from the club.

I'll leave you P&D's to get your news from the likes of Paul Brennan, i'd also pay little attention to the clubs official website - it's mostly spin.

Think for yourself Monkey, stop relying on bloggers and guys with a website to think for you.

As the battle for power and money continues, it has flushed out the reality of the tactics employed by the thieving gits who run Rangers.

Green came with history. A guy not to be trusted. One who would asset strip the club without any consideration of traditions or people.http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-sheffield-united-boss-dave-1814597

To gain credibility with the fans he needed a couple of 'legends' to endorse him. Walter and Ally were the chosen ones. They obviously accepted happily, especially when they saw the size of the wadge on offer.

Walter took the money, did nothing, read his script when he was asked. Then took the chairman's seat and did the same. Obviously totally out of his depth. He went. He walked.

Ally, even in the article in the Herald Ally is doing the same. And has been providing similar platitudes for the last year. Caring for the club stuff!

Ally too will walk - assuming the club can pay up his contract plus a bit more for his silence. How much extra did Walter get to keep his trap shut?

Sandy Jardine has already walked.

Whyte got Gordon Smith and John Greig to play the same cards. Attend supporter club meetings, give the media the stories they wanted about 'for the club' 'the fans are important' 'we are on the right path'.

They too walked.

Greig, Smith, Jardine, Walter, and soon Ally all walked because they could afford to. They were well rewarded for being a mouthpiece of the corrupt and greedy.

True Rangers fans do not have that choice. They have bought their season tickets partly because of the reassurances they get from their 'legends'.

Legends who have no motivation other than money and greed. They took the King's shilling allowing themselves to be used.

Men without principles. :(

I'll leave you P&D's to get your news from the likes of Paul Brennan, i'd also pay little attention to the clubs official website - it's mostly spin.

Think for yourself Monkey, stop relying on bloggers and guys with a website to think for you.

I'm more than capable of thinking for myself, thanks Bennett.

I'm not in the least reliant on any bloggers or particular sites. Many need consumed with salt.

I was however, pointing out the absurdity of depending on a club site, especially Rangers' one for an accurate picture. As you say, it's all about spin.

I'm more than capable of thinking for myself, thanks Bennett.

I'm not in the least reliant on any bloggers or particular sites. Many need consumed with salt.

I was however, pointing out the absurdity of depending on a club site, especially Rangers' one for an accurate picture. As you say, it's all about spin.

Even the 'proper' media is just as bad with stories being leaked to in the know journo's and certain agenda's spun.

Pinch of salt and common sense....

I will go to continue supporting the team but if the vote goes the wrong way and Green and Co. remain then i would not blame any supporter who 'walks away'.

Will be interesting to see what McCoist does. His 'We dont do walking away' speech could come back to haunt him.

Let's just hope the shareholders do the right thing.

I will go to continue supporting the team but if the vote goes the wrong way and Green and Co. remain then i would not blame any supporter who 'walks away'.

Will be interesting to see what McCoist does. His 'We dont do walking away' speech could come back to haunt him.

Let's just hope the shareholders do the right thing.

No surprises there from an alleged racist.