Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

taken from the courier...

"The behaviour of the man who confronted Mr Spence in Angus on Thursday was last night described as completely unacceptable."

....isn't that where tedi comes from??? :whistle

Thing is, if a fan of my club (or most clubs) did that, other fans would roundly condemn the idiot and demand he be banned from the ground.

Too many rangers fans go into deflection & whataboutery mode instead. I note the police statement didn't read: "The behaviour of a man who confronted Mr Spence in Angus on Thursday was described as 'not ideal but not surprising given his deliberate goading of the persecuted Rangers fans, and furthermore not that bad compared to the child abuse at Celtic park, the illegal invasion of Iraq, or the use of chemical weapons by the Assad regime in Syria.'"

Instead it was unambiguously condemned and left at that. No ifs, no buts, no whatabouts. So come on Rangers fans, you can do that too.

Edited by BinoBalls

Okay guys, who's provoking the Rangers fans beyond their will today?

What a terrible existence it must be, to be at the mercy of such uncontrollable impulses. It's so sad that they're the only fans in world football that have no moral agency whatsoever and are unable to make personal decisions, because of the unacceptable provocation that is some hack saying something they don't like on a minority radio show.

What a terrible existence it must be, to be at the mercy of such uncontrollable impulses. It's so sad that they're the only fans in world football that have no moral agency whatsoever and are unable to make personal decisions, because of the unacceptable provocation that is some hack saying something they don't like on a minority radio show.

Their own paranoia is probably going to provoke their will today, seems to be the pattern of the last few days.

Psychopathy, I had never really thought about it before. No8 once told me that true Rangers fans are born, you simply cannot become one. He also said that once a Rangers fan, always a Rangers fan (incurable), it would explain the inability to see the world in a rational manner, the inability to accept the truth, the harbouring of grudges for eternity...........

It's all becoming clear.

and whining as to where all the money went ...  you'd think they were not warned about the spivs plans for the IPO money. Let's hope the leaseback of Ibrokes is completed soon ... everything is on course as per the timmy grand master plan .. :thumsup2

You Sellick fans must have to sleep with an aqualung, all these wet dreams coming true.

Bless. Fantasising again about what might stir the shite for your pet poodles I see.

Jum didn't just say 'something', but decided that he could ignore the guidance from the BBC own trust who had already slapped BBC Scotland for their errant ways.

So many have tried very hard to pretend that poor wee Jum is in the shite for nothing at all - there have been hundreds of legitimate complaints. No one is going to condone the threats or abusive attacks - who would? - but why would he get a free ride for ignoring the instructions of the very people who employ him?

And so many have tried very hard to only narrate one strand of this sorry tale, too. The NUJ organiser Holleran, for example, has notably failed to speak up about the abuse levelled at other journalists for daring to stay silent on the subject of wee Jum.

I wonder why that is? Wee jum has been transformed from a shared figure of fun in scottish fitba - second only to p***k young - to become the poster bhoy for the perpetually malcontent/we hate Rangers online communities.

Other journos being abused by supporters not of Rangers? Who gives a f**k, eh? It seems certainly not those in the perpetually malcontent gang.

Edited by Bendarroch

Bless. Fantasising again about what might stir the shite for your pet poodles I see.

Jum didn't just say 'something', but decided that he could ignore the guidance from the BBC own trust who had already slapped BBC Scotland for their errant ways.

So many have tried very hard to pretend that poor wee Jum is in the shite for nothing at all - there have been hundreds of legitimate complaints. No one is going to condone the threats or abusive attacks - who would? - but why would he get a free ride for ignoring the instructions of the very people who employ him?

And so many have tried very hard to only narrate one strand of this sorry tale, too. The NUJ organiser Holleran, for example, has notably failed to speak up about the abuse levelled at other journalists for daring to stay silent on the subject of wee Jum.

I wonder why that is? Wee jum has been transformed from a shared figure of fun in scottish fitba - second only to p***k young - to become the poster bhoy for the perpetually malcontent/we hate Rangers online communities.

Other journos being abused by supporters not of Rangers? Who gives a f**k, eh? It seems certainly not those in the perpetually malcontent gang.

:lol:

Horrific, even by your own low standards.

Other journos being abused by supporters not of Rangers? Who gives a f**k, eh? It seems certainly not those in the perpetually malcontent gang.[/quote

So fair enough he went against the rules of his employers and gave his own opinion rather than the company line.

The reaction is got surely outweighs what he said though right?

Edited by thehoss

God, what to laugh at first?

Let's start with the idea that Rangers fans are annoyed about a breach of BBC guidelines. Oh aye, those ignorant mutants take a keen, public-spirited interest in informative public service broadcasting, my hole.

Then let's have a laugh at the idea that any Rangers fan in the country is upset on behalf of probably-allegorical journos who are getting abuse for not backing Spence.

And let's finish with the idea that people generally find abusive Rangers fans offensive only insofar as it's a weapon against the Newco, as opposed to ordinary people finding the offensive Newco fans to be a shower of abusive weapons.

Five stars for this crass attempt to insult the intelligence of everyone who reads it.

Edited by flyingrodent

I thought you lot were boycotting the BBC, now their rules are not to be messed with?

Hypocritical fuckers.

If he went against the BBC's guidance, that's up to the BBC to act how they see fit, without the guidance of The Rangers fans demand he be sacked.

A free ride? Where do you draw the line? What's an acceptable way for The Rangers fans to act?

What other journalists have been abused for staying silent? And by what other teams fans? Do you have evidence of this as I've not been aware of it.

Why the use of the H in poster bhoy? He's the champion of the diddies. When do you think this transformation occurred?

Psychopathy, I had never really thought about it before. No8 once told me that true Rangers fans are born, you simply cannot become one. He also said that once a Rangers fan, always a Rangers fan (incurable), it would explain the inability to see the world in a rational manner, the inability to accept the truth, the harbouring of grudges for eternity...........

It's all becoming clear.

Those who matter need no explanation .. Those that need an explanation don't matter.

Pretty sure that is another one. ;)

Thing is, if a fan of my club (or most clubs) did that, other fans would roundly condemn the idiot and demand he be banned from the ground.

Too many rangers fans go into deflection & whataboutery mode instead. I note the police statement didn't read: "The behaviour of a man who confronted Mr Spence in Angus on Thursday was described as 'not ideal but not surprising given his deliberate goading of the persecuted Rangers fans, and furthermore not that bad compared to the child abuse at Celtic park, the illegal invasion of Iraq, or the use of chemical weapons by the Assad regime in Syria.'"

Instead it was unambiguously condemned and left at that. No ifs, no buts, no whatabouts. So come on Rangers fans, you can do that too.

We have to condemn every outburst by some looney who may or may not be a Rangers supporter? Surely it is a given that any normal thinking person would find it completely outrageous that a journalist is verbally abused in the street and worse still threatened. IMO what is worse is the fact that he was out with his wife at the time...I cannot begin to imagine what kind of hardman would attack someone out walking with his wife. Probably the same kind that would attack a dog on a bus.

I once said sometimes i get embarrassed being a Rangers supporter but that is not quite right. I am proud to be a Rangers supporter but sometimes...too often recently...i have been left embarrassed by the behaviour of some who claim to support our club.

Nail bombs sent to Lennons house...I am no lover of the man but ffs ...Nail Bombs??

Marching on the BBC. Why? If you don't like it don't fucking watch or listen. Send in emails...write letters but 50 silly wee lads with a couple of banners. I cringe to this day thinking about that

Repeatedly singing songs that they know will get the club in trouble. Everytime the say the 'F' word you can see them giggling. It is pathetic

Fan groups leaders leading boycotts of away grounds and then turning up themselves. I am surprised that never got more publicity. Needless to say it wasn't fat Dingwall as he is about as part time as it comes unless he can see a penny in it for himself.

No Pyro ... No Party mob. Ok it was mildly amusing the first time but it is beyond a joke now. It has to stop!!

As i said. I am sure the vast majority of Rangers posters are as sick of it as i am. Just because we don't rush on here to condemn it doesn't mean we agree with the actions of some.

Refusal to unequivocally condemn those responsible. Check.

Deflection. Check.

Whataboutery. Check. Check. Check.

Seriously how hard is it for a Rangers fan to say "Jim Spence said something he shouldn't have and I don't like his opinions in general, but what happened was totally and utterly unacceptable."?? On the evidence so far, the answer to that question is "extremely".

All we've seen so far is a weak "can't condone it" followed by the usual mountain of garbage and excuses.

We have to condemn every outburst by some looney who may or may not be a Rangers supporter? Surely it is a given that any normal thinking person would find it completely outrageous that a journalist is verbally abused in the street and worse still threatened. IMO what is worse is the fact that he was out with his wife at the time...I cannot begin to imagine what kind of hardman would attack someone out walking with his wife. Probably the same kind that would attack a dog on a bus.

I once said sometimes i get embarrassed being a Rangers supporter but that is not quite right. I am proud to be a Rangers supporter but sometimes...too often recently...i have been left embarrassed by the behaviour of some who claim to support our club.

Nail bombs sent to Lennons house...I am no lover of the man but ffs ...Nail Bombs??

Marching on the BBC. Why? If you don't like it don't fucking watch or listen. Send in emails...write letters but 50 silly wee lads with a couple of banners. I cringe to this day thinking about that

Repeatedly singing songs that they know will get the club in trouble. Everytime the say the 'F' word you can see them giggling. It is pathetic

Fan groups leaders leading boycotts of away grounds and then turning up themselves. I am surprised that never got more publicity. Needless to say it wasn't fat Dingwall as he is about as part time as it comes unless he can see a penny in it for himself.

No Pyro ... No Party mob. Ok it was mildly amusing the first time but it is beyond a joke now. It has to stop!!

As i said. I am sure the vast majority of Rangers posters are as sick of it as i am. Just because we don't rush on here to condemn it doesn't mean we agree with the actions of some.

Appreciate the sensible response and I am not suggesting you all rush on and speak up on every idiot in your support, but the posters who have responded have so far just offered cheap excuses and deflection.

You Sellick fans must have to sleep with an aqualung, all these wet dreams coming true.

:thumsup2

But, if you listen to some of The Rangers fans on here they start off with: "I know quite a few Celtic fans who are missing us, and can't wait for us to be back (Ha! Ha!) where we belong".

Aye! F*cking sure we do!

They could disappear up their own assholes for all I care.

They could be like the old Laurel & Hardy movies, you know they're dead but you can always watch the re-runs and have a f*cking good laugh.

Also, before any of The Rangers fans say "What are you doing on here then?". Simple. This is where I can get all the latest info & links instead of trawling through all the different websites. I want to have that JFK moment, ie "Where were you when The Rangers died for good?".