Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

EIGHTEEN months and counting. A year and a half left of this one-horse race before we have a proper championship again.Assuming Ally McCoist gets Rangers back into the top flight on schedule.He had better deliver, an extra year of the current nonsense and we?ll need chloroform.On occasions I?ve found myself at English grounds where everyone in the media centre was glued to the lunchtime Old Firm game. Southern journalists couldn?t get enough of it.Last Thursday at Newcastle, one of them asked me which division Rangers are in right now.

A proper championship? Every football supporter in Scotland has known for 25 years at least that one of the old firm were going to win the title. This hasn't changed. One of the old firm are going to win the title.

That?s the extent of the interest.If the essence of any sporting contest is uncertainty, the wise men of the SPL gave our top flight a lethal injection two summers ago.Under the guise of ?sporting integrity? they sentenced Rangers to three years hard labour and killed their own competition while they were at it. Clever, eh?It was arguably the most idiotic decision in the history of Scottish football.Boycott threats from the anonymous halfwits of cyberspace saw our Premier League chairmen fold, condemning our

biggest league to three years of decline.

The "lethal injection" was self administered by Rangers through years of unsustainable spending in pursuit of one thing - beating Celtic. Rangers weren't "sentenced to three years hard labour", they died and re-applied to join the set up.

SFA chief executive Stewart Regan was ridiculed for predicting ?Armageddon? in Rangers? absence. He wasn?t far wrong.Why did every club in the league have to pay the price of Craig Whyte?s ransacking of Ibrox? Did Rod Petrie and Co really believe that ?Sell-out Saturday? nonsense?Did they believe the internet eejits who promised they?d turn up every week to fill club coffers?So much for the moral high ground. Sporting integrity has put Scottish football up against the wall.Yeah, Celtic have been insulated from the fallout by reaching the Champions League proper in successive seasons.But as the growing rows of empty seats prove, Hoops punters are bored stiff with the extent of their domestic dominance.Trust me, if it was Neil Lennon?s call Rangers would be back in the top flight next season.

I wonder if Davie will tell us in what form this "armageddon" exists. Aberdeen, Motherwell and Dundee United are all having excellent seasons, drawing in good crowds and playing fine football. St Mirren, Hearts and Kilmarnock have all won trophies since Rangers entered administration and started heading down the toilet of oblivion. They must be fucking gutted.

Likewise, I?m told Peter Lawwell wanted to keep Rangers in the big league with a points penalty, before he too bowed to the mob.Thanks to Lennon?s European success, Celtic?s balance sheet is in good nick but defeat in next season?s Champions League qualifiers will have accountants reaching for the valium. Elsewhere the rest of the SPFL is suffering. Rangers? demotion

Liquidation Davie, liquidation.

saw every budget in the top flight slashed.When costs have to be cut, youth development is the first casualty.At a time Dundee United are producing a special crop of youngsters, who would vote to shut down the production line?

Sorry, what?

Some silly people have suggested Celtic?s recent hammering in Barcelona was no reflection on the standard of Scottish football. Really?Celtic won the league by 16 points last season without breaking sweat, yet they managed just three points from 18 in the Champions League. What does that say for the rest of the league? Our other European representatives? Scottish Cup finalists Hibs got a crack at the Europa League and lost 9-0 on aggregate to Malmo. Motherwell lost 3-0 over two legs to Kuban Krasnodar, currently ninth in the Russian league.Thankfully, St Johnstone flew the flag briefly with a great win over Rosenborg before losing in the third qualifying round to FC Minsk.

Scottish clubs having pish results in Europe? I can't remember this ever happening with Rangers in the top division. In particular i've completely forgotten about our clubs' standard being so low as to lose ties to Kaunas, Maribor, Malmo, Viktoria Zizkov to name a few in years gone by. The clubs responsible for those results must have been utter fucking diddies.

Putting Rangers in the poorhouse gave a lot of people satisfaction but was the price worth paying?Under the yoke of the Old Firm, attendances were better, sponsors easier to find and the league table was worth looking at every weekend.With the pair at each other?s throats for Champions League cash, both had to spend to stay in front.A lot of that money went to fellow SPL clubs. Dundee were weighed in for Rab Douglas, Nacho Novo and Gavin Rae.Hibs got an Old Firm auction going for Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson. Kilmarnock punted Kris Boyd and Steven Naismith. Dundee United got a million plus for Barry Robson, while Celtic outbid Rangers for Motherwell?s Scott McDonald.That Old Firm arms race kept both clubs on their toes and helped subsidise the rest of the league.Now we?ve got Celtic trying to get through the entire season undefeated while the rest play for second place and a brief skirmish with the Europa League qualifiers.League One is no less of a freak show where you can watch Rangers playing keepie-uppie with their part-time opposition.

We should apparently be grateful that the old firm removed everyone else's ability to be competitive by tapping up and signing their best players.

Eighteen months and counting.......

Yup, eighteen months until this fucking haddy can go back to fellating BOTH halves of the old firm in the top flight.

Provan has, accidentally summed up everything that's wrong with Scottish sports journalism in that one piece. An utter dog-turd of a column riven with inaccuracies, paranoia and stupidity. His belief that the whole sporting world can't wait for the OF derby is hilarious. Outsiders watch that game purely and simply for the same voyeuristic reasons that americans watch bum fights. They don't care about the football, they just want to see two sets of societal underclass fight each other. However, I think it's fair to say that all diddy club supporters can take massive delight that this worthless has-been is absolutely seething that actual football supporters, and not deferential, simpering, forelock-tugging "journalists" wielded the power in 2012.

He's gutted.

Get it right fucking up you Provan.

Top post Jupe.

I'm a bit annoyed you made me read Provan again, but I'll forgive. Incredibly he says "the essence of any sporting contest is uncertainty". Yet he wants it to be so fixed that the league's top two spots are secured by the same two clubs in perpetuity. Indeed, he thinks one of them should be allowed to overspend to the extent they go bust, yet still be treated with outrageous favouritism.

The last thing the moronic c**t wants is uncertainty.

In fact, his problem is that the old certainties on which he relied, have been shaken and he can't handle the fact that the game still functions.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Ripped to shreds in a fine way.

Sorry ran out of greenies. :(

Made up for it by giving bennet a red 'un for a shit post (again). God, he's getting worse.

Jupes done nothing of the sort, all he's done is have a mindless rant with no explanations or evidence to back him up.

I'm sure that Jupe will redo it and prove auld Davie wrong.

Of course it was.

I didn't link him with Celtic. I'm very well aware however that that's precisely what you were trying to do with your ill conceived post.

Not just a fool - a dishonest fool.

Ofcourse you linked him with Celtic.

I was showing that once again, the WKR has turned on an ex Killie player.

He has a history of it...

Sevco has just released Dean Shiels. As he was contracted until 2016, this must have cost them a small fortune. Reality beginning to dawn at Castle Greyskull perhaps. Cappielow-bound I hope. :thumsup2

Proof please.

Again i have to ask Ritchie for proof of this claim he has made.

Hurry up now.....

Jupes done nothing of the sort, all he's done is have a mindless rant with no explanations or evidence to back him up.

I'm sure that Jupe will redo it and prove auld Davie wrong.

You truly are a simpering moron. I look forward to you telling me which of my points are incorrect.

I realise of course you are unable to do this but it'll be fun watching you try to completely dodge it.

You truly are a simpering moron. I look forward to you telling me which of my points are incorrect.

I realise of course you are unable to do this but it'll be fun watching you try to completely dodge it.

Well if you took if you took the time out to atcually make some points, then i'd be able to comment on them and go into more detail young sir.

Well if you took if you took the time out to atcually make some points, then i'd be able to comment on them and go into more detail young sir.

Yeah, didn't think you were capable.

Probably best you go back to making up pet names. This discussion is a bit beyond your reach.

At least you tried.

Sort of.

Yeah, didn't think you were capable.

Probably best you go back to making up pet names. This discussion is a bit beyond your reach.

At least you tried.

Sort of.

I'm sorry but i just never saw what the fuss was about your post. Now i'm sure most people could pick holes in anything written by Provan, so why don't you have another go at it, instead of acting like a kid.

Just saying that you don't like it, isn't really enough now.....

There are several points in there Bennett. For example, he challenges the notion that all clubs are suffering, by highlighting the diddies who've won trophies since Rangers nose dived. He also pulls Provan up on his selection of European failures, by pointing out that they're nothing new.

These are among the points you could choose to address if you wished to.

There are several points in there Bennett. For example, he challenges the notion that all clubs are suffering, by highlighting the diddies who've won trophies since Rangers nose dived. He also pulls Provan up on his selection of European failures, by pointing out that they're nothing new.

You'll probably have to wait a while, MT - Get-Along Gang perceived wisdom is that only sad lonely cúnts hang around posting on P&B when their team are playing....

I think we should all thank Provan and Bennett for providing some chucklesome entertainment in the traditional low days between Christmas and Ne'erday.

There are several points in there Bennett.  For example, he challenges the notion that all clubs are suffering, by highlighting the diddies who've won trophies since Rangers nose dived.  He also pulls Provan up on his selection of European failures, by pointing out that they're nothing new.

Sure you're not a primary school teacher MT?

I do admire your patience in the face of extreme fuckwittery. Benny is at it as usual, he knows fine well there's plenty of salient points, he just doesn't have any answers.

Sure you're not a primary school teacher MT?

I do admire your patience in the face of extreme fuckwittery. Benny is at it as usual, he knows fine well there's plenty of salient points, he just doesn't have any answers.

Quite sure.

I do realise Bennett is doing his usual, but I'm just trying to expose further the fact that he has nothing worthwhile to say. I don't suppose it's necessary right enough, though.

Clubs have always won trophies but there is only one trophy that really counts and only one team can win it.

A poor point and not very well made.

:lol:

As i said, pet names.

This is entirely beyond you.

Here is the post you posted...

"Provan has, accidentally summed up everything that's wrong with Scottish sports journalism in that one piece. An utter dog-turd of a column riven with inaccuracies, paranoia and stupidity. His belief that the whole sporting world can't wait for the OF derby is hilarious. Outsiders watch that game purely and simply for the same voyeuristic reasons that americans watch bum fights. They don't care about the football, they just want to see two sets of societal underclass fight each other. However, I think it's fair to say that all diddy club supporters can take massive delight that this worthless has-been is absolutely seething that actual football supporters, and not deferential, simpering, forelock-tugging "journalists" wielded the power in 2012"

It's just a mindless rant, you fail to make any valid points or back them up with evidence in any way. It's a sub standard imitation of something that Sturart HARRR HARRRRR HARRRRR Cosgrove would say and that is all.

Apart from that it is against SFA and UEFA rules. UEFA and the SFA don't allow memberships to be transferred so that a club can avoid paying its debt.

But yet the SFA did allow the transfer of a dying debt ridden members licence to apparently the same club didn't it ?.

"Provan has, accidentally summed up everything that's wrong with Scottish sports journalism in that one piece. An utter dog-turd of a column riven with inaccuracies, paranoia and stupidity. His belief that the whole sporting world can't wait for the OF derby is hilarious. Outsiders watch that game purely and simply for the same voyeuristic reasons that americans watch bum fights. They don't care about the football, they just want to see two sets of societal underclass fight each other. However, I think it's fair to say that all diddy club supporters can take massive delight that this worthless has-been is absolutely seething that actual football supporters, and not deferential, simpering, forelock-tugging "journalists" wielded the power in 2012"

It's just a mindless rant, you fail to make any valid points or back them up with evidence in any way. It's a sub standard imitation of something that Sturart HARRR HARRRRR HARRRRR Cosgrove would say and that is all.

Jupe's post is a pretty valid observation of the nonsense that Provan spewed out into his 'column'

:lol:

And the rest of the post you've conveniently ignored?