Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

First of all I asked this forum if there was any statement stating this was a new club, nothing asked for was forthcoming, whilst plenty has been shown as the same club by those in authority, no argument there.

Whit?

Charles Green who bought the remains.....figure of authority.

Walter Smith former manager and future Board member...figure of authority.

James Traynor, future Director of Communications.....:D figure of authority.

Gordon Smith, former heid yin at the SFA.....figure of authority.

To a man said.................''new club''

Airdrie United, now Airdrieonians, took the membership of Clydebank. But we can't be the same club as Clydebank because they are alive and prospering in the juniors.

There was never any break in a team playing in the famous diamond jersey in Airdrie after our liquidation but we are not the same team even though we have the original name back.

We are a new club, I can deal with it because it's still a team representing the town of Airdrie, and I suggest you lot find a way to deal with yours being a new club regardless of what the fawning idiots of the SFA SPFL ASA or any other organisation has to say about it.

Well said.

First of all I asked this forum if there was any statement stating this was a new club, nothing asked for was forthcoming, whilst plenty has been shown as the same club by those in authority, no argument there.

Secondly I stated that the transference of membership signified that continuity, if that wasn't the case then I'm, quite sure a new one would have had to be applied for, if this was a new club, that didn't happen the original membership of the club which was applied in 1874 carried on, same club recognition.

Would you like to show where this ridicule has taken place in England, after all I live in England also and have never heard any comment such as a new club from anyone, so don't give me that nonsense to try and point score, after all there has been clubs down here who have went through similar with continuity fully recognised by the F.A.

You haven't checked that dictionary, have you?

Are you going to get those "rangers historians" to revise the club's history again, if SFA recognition is the key to your argument? I mean, they couldn't be "recognised" before the body existed, could they?

Oh, and the ridicule? People outside of Scotland and the influences on its MSM can make their own mind up as to what they are watching. Maybe your social circle are just being kind, not wanting to burst your wee bubble. Or maybe they've had experience of what pissed-off Orcs are capable of. That would apply in several areas of England, as I'm sure you're aware.

Maybe if you didn't rush for comfort to those who think as you do,* but rather listened, evaluated and debated opposing points of view, you wouldn't make such a mess of things. Just a thought.

* Or suggest "personal discussions" like a true Internet Warrior....

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Airdrie United, now Airdrieonians, took the membership of Clydebank. But we can't be the same club as Clydebank because they are alive and prospering in the juniors.

There was never any break in a team playing in the famous diamond jersey in Airdrie after our liquidation but we are not the same team even though we have the original name back.

We are a new club, I can deal with it because it's still a team representing the town of Airdrie, and I suggest you lot find a way to deal with yours being a new club regardless of what the fawning idiots of the SFA SPFL ASA or any other organisation has to say about it.

I think I'm correct in saying that Airdrie United had the right to Clydebanks history as they obtained the original SFA Membership held by Clydebank, in fact the former SFL stated that Airdrie United was a continuation of Clydebank. Nothing for me and all other Rangers fans to deal with, our history and continuity is recognised by those that matter and you don't matter.

Youngsy.... think about what you said..the only people(apart from rangers fans) who dont regognise rangers as the same club is .....Everybody

Oh I know exactly what I said as regards Scottish football fans, we've known that for long enough. However the point stands that there has not, at any time, been anything stating that this is a new club, plenty stating that it is the same club with full continuity though.

Edit too add, I don't need to set off any distress flare, don't worry about that.

Edited by youngsy

I think I'm correct in saying that Airdrie United had the right to Clydebanks history as they obtained the original SFA Membership held by Clydebank, in fact the former SFL stated that Airdrie United was a continuation of Clydebank. Nothing for me and all other Rangers fans to deal with, our history and continuity is recognised by those that matter and you don't matter.

Deid :D

Oh I know exactly what I said as regards Scottish football fans, we've known that for long enough. However the point stands that there has not at any time been anything stating that this is a new club, plenty stating that it is the same club with full continuity though.

apart from every newspaper in the Country.

I think I'm correct in saying that Airdrie United had the right to Clydebanks history as they obtained the original SFA Membership held by Clydebank, in fact the former SFL stated that Airdrie United was a continuation of Clydebank.

If that's true, you can see how absurd it is.

It's similarly absurd to pretend that any continuation for Rangers has been seamless.

So once again nothing from official bodies that would implement as such. :)

The official bodies matter not a jot for what is being argued over is bragging rights over your peers. You know this to be true given the vast amount of time an effort you put into expressing your point of view to your peers. The simple truth is that no matter how much the corrupt authorities running our game attempts to rewrite history in the most Nazi-esque fashion your peers will never give that team playing at Ibrox the recognition you crave. The club died.

Carry on fighting your corner. It's great witnessing the seethe of Rangers fans as they cling to this new club like a tot and his comfort blanket.

:lol: What the hell are you on about?

Biggest pile of nonsense I have seen on here.

Edited by timmy

Secondly I stated that the transference of membership signified that continuity, if that wasn't the case then I'm, quite sure a new one would have had to be applied for, if this was a new club, that didn't happen the original membership of the club which was applied in 1874 carried on, same club recognition.

Would you like to show where this ridicule has taken place in England, after all I live in England also and have never heard any comment such as a new club from anyone, so don't give me that nonsense to try and point score, after all there has been clubs down here who have went through similar with continuity fully recognised by the F.A.

English Law ≠ Scots Law

The official bodies matter not a jot for what is being argued over is bragging rights over your peers. You know this to be true given the vast amount of time an effort you put into expressing your point of view to your peers. The simple truth is that no matter how much the corrupt authorities running our game attempts to rewrite history in the most Nazi-esque fashion your peers will never give that team playing at Ibrox the recognition you crave. The club died.

Carry on fighting your corner. It's great witnessing the seethe of Rangers fans as they cling to this new club like a tot and his comfort blanket.

Good post, Stoney.

One wee quibble, though, if I may. I find it uncomfortable to think that we, and other football fans, were ever "peers" of this lot. Because that's what we are. Football fans. Full stop. That lot and their former rivals are about so much more, and none of it exactly admirable.

And to make it clear to youngsy, if he can find anyone without a vested interest who will unequivocally endorse his quite spectacular volte-face(or even explain why his views have changed)*, then maybe the rest of us might take him seriously.

snapback.png

That isn't the club name,Rangers Football Club Plc. is the clubs name. If we went into pre-pack administration then the club may very well be re-named Glasgow Rangers,if we go into adminstration down the CVA route then the club will still trade as Rangers Football Club plc. as for mortgaging season ticket money this was mentioned as far back as August.